O visa for marriage

I want to enter in Thailand on Tourist visa or stamp except an do marriage with my Thai girlfriend. Would it be possible for me to apply on O visa for marriage inside Thailand? It is not easy to apply abroad having quarantine requirements in neighbor countries again.

Also I read about 400k baht requirement in Thai bank for applicant. One thing is confusing me, some websites write these money have to come from abroad. If it is my home country(I don't reside there now), banks there have hectic requirements for international bank transfer which make almost impossible for me to do one.

I can easy to refill my Thai bank account with 400k baht during a month from people in Thailand who are in debt to me. Would Thai authorities count such money for 400k deposit?

I also can transfer money from neighbor country Cambodia from my bank account there. It will be not such headache as my home country banks. Would Thai authorities count such transfer as a 400k baht deposit?

From what I've read (not done) I did not think they were to fussy about the 400k, sounds like the Cambodia transfer thing would work fine, they may ask for proof of source I suppose.

I think they are most fussy about the 40k+ monthly income transfers from abroad, for e.g. UK/USA/Australia ????, who cannot get Embassy Letters proving monthly income. If you are not part of that special group ????you may have an Embassy income letter option as well?

I know they like to see that the money comes from out of country. As long as they see it as an international transfer, I don't think they care from where. You didn't mention what country your home country was but using a transfer company like Wise (Wise.com) is cheap and easy. You will of course have to get a Thai bank account first.

10 hours ago, fishtank said:

To apply for the Non Imm Visa you need to show the money coming from abroad.

Not for a non-o visa application based upon marriage to a Thai.

It is only required for one based upon retirement.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, recom273 said:

@UKresonant @fishtank @bunnydrops

FYI - They don't care where the money comes from for a marriage extension, UJ has posted above.

When I applied for my first extension, the IO asked how I could afford to live in Thailand, it seemed more of a question to confirm that I wasn't working illegally.

And what was your answer?  Where did the money for the 400,000 come from? If it was moved there from out of country it would have shown in the bank book.

5 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

And what was your answer?  Where did the money for the 400,000 come from? If it was moved there from out of country it would have shown in the bank book.

I had to plead the 5th on that .. but at certain times I did have a WP and some of the savings were whilst working for an oil company in the south of Thailand.

The account that I show them always has in excess of 400,000thb - I have multiple accounts and this bank book has very few transactions, if I transfer to it, then it’s from a Thai account, not from overseas. There is no requirement to prove the source of income for non-O.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all who answered. I think transfer from Cambodian bank will be the best option instead of risky inside Thailand cash deposit or transfer after which one I will have to prove something for an immigration officer. Proof of income from embassy is not my option because my home country knows nothing about my income and I do not want them to know too.

I am wondering if someone knows if I can apply for O visa inside Thailand being on Tourist visa or visa except stamp?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Andreythai said:

I am wondering if someone knows if I can apply for O visa inside Thailand being on Tourist visa or visa except stamp?

You can enter visa exempt or tourist visa and obtain a non O at immigration.

1 hour ago, LoVeFuN said:

Is any insurance needed when changing from TV to non immigrant O based on marriage or does that only apply to Tourist Visa or visa exempt? 

There is no insurance required for the non-o visa application.

You only need covid 19 insurance for a entry to the country if entering with a tourist visa or visa exempt.