What are the symptoms of Covid-19

Confuscious

Maybe a stupid question to ask, but what are the symptoms if you get infected with Covid-19?
I read so many descriptions on the social media, but most of them are <deleted> (false information).
Can somebody summarize the REAL symptoms when infected with Covid-19?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

If a person get infected with Covid-19 and recovers, does this mean that this person don't need to be vaccinated anymore?
Has this person not developped anti bodies?

Well, studies have shown that if a person who has had covid gets vaccinated, antibody levels jump sharply. Much the same as is the case of a person who has been vaccinated once getting a second vaccination.

You can get infected again although it seems that with the Delta virus, getting infected does provide effective immunity. At least in the short term.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

If a person get infected with Covid-19 and recovers, does this mean that this person don't need to be vaccinated anymore?

They still recommend everyone get vaccinated.

18 hours ago, placeholder said:

Well, studies have shown that if a person who has had covid gets vaccinated, antibody levels jump sharply. Much the same as is the case of a person who has been vaccinated once getting a second vaccination.

You can get infected again although it seems that with the Delta virus, getting infected does provide effective immunity. At least in the short term.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBmmeTZgtIo&ab_channel=DrbeenMedicalLectures

Edited by berrec
reference
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

Everyone will need a Covid shot every 12 months to keep up with the various strains etc

We just have to learn to live with it, get our yearly jabs (along with our flu shots) and get on with life.

This link is about AZ lasting possibly forever, so maybe yearly shots will not be necessary. Guess it depends on what new strains come along…

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/astrazeneca-oxford-covid-19-vaccine-21066531

One of the UK's most widely used Covid vaccines may actually give a LIFETIME of protection.

AstraZeneca Covid vaccine gives powerful protection that may last a lifetime.

That is according to a new study, which has analysed the long term impacts of the AZ jab.

Edited by Nemises
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Nemises said:

This link is about AZ lasting possibly forever, so maybe yearly shots will not be necessary. Guess it depends on what new strains come along…

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/astrazeneca-oxford-covid-19-vaccine-21066531

One of the UK's most widely used Covid vaccines may actually give a LIFETIME of protection.

AstraZeneca Covid vaccine gives powerful protection that may last a lifetime.

That is according to a new study, which has analysed the long term impacts of the AZ jab.

They can't possibly have analyzed the long-term effects of the AstraZeneca vaccine. It hasn't even been in use for a year. Well, maybe it's long-term if you're a hamster. And most of your links don't lead to where you claim they do.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

They can't possibly have analyzed the long-term effects of the AstraZeneca vaccine. It hasn't even been in use for a year. Well, maybe it's long-term if you're a hamster. And most of your links don't lead to where you claim they do.

I only provided one link to one article, here it is again:

The text contained within my linked article (which I copied and pasted in my last post) appears to have some hyperlinked words which may or may not work. Those words within my linked article were not intended by me to be further links and I certainly never “claimed” them to go anywhere as you incorrectly stated.  Hope that clarifies. 

Interesting that you refute this research without a link of your own. But thanks anyway for sharing your personal thoughts of scientific research. 

Edited by Nemises

22 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

COVID Self Assessment

Department of Disease Control

COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Most infected people will develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization.

Most common symptoms:

fever

dry cough

tiredness

Less common symptoms:

aches and pains

sore throat

diarrhoea

conjunctivitis

headache

loss of taste or smell

a rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes

Serious symptoms:

difficulty breathing or shortness of breath

chest pain or pressure

loss of speech or movement

Seek immediate medical attention if you have serious symptoms. Always call before visiting your doctor or health facility.

People with mild symptoms who are otherwise healthy should manage their symptoms at home.

On average it takes 5–6 days from when someone is infected with the virus for symptoms to show, however it can take up to 14 days.

I have been reading your answer a few times and come to this conclusion:
1. Covid-19 is not more deadly than any other (virus)-infection.
In fact, it's similar to a common cold.
Except that when people catch a common cold, ther are no Lockdowns, wearing masks and whatever rule the Governments are imposing to us.
2.  For a lot of people, Covid-19 will have not more effect than a common cold.
They will get trough a discomfort and after that they will have enough anti-bodies in their body.
No need for a vaccin.
3. Most of the people who fall in the third category, had already enough underlying diseases and It's not sure if they actually died from Covid-19 alone.
4. If a big art of people might have Covid-19, but with mild symptoms, and recover.
How can the Government give the number of infections?
They are never reported.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Except that when people catch a common cold, ther are no Lockdowns, wearing masks and whatever rule the Governments are imposing to us.
They will get trough a discomfort and after that they will have enough anti-bodies in their body.
No need for a vaccin.
3. Most of the people who fall in the third category, had already enough underlying diseases and It's not sure if they actually died from Covid-19 alone.
4. If a big art of people might have Covid-19, but with mild symptoms, and recover.
They are never reported.

I think there a lot more to it.

On 8/8/2021 at 9:13 AM, Confuscious said:

They would be largely immune to the variant they were infected with (not other variants).  Numbers I have seen say 80-90% for 6 months and declining there after. The PCR test does not tell you which variant you are infected with so counting in prior infection/recovery is a bit of a lotto.

My recent experience.  Our23 year old daughter is staying with us.  She was double vaxed with Pfizer vaccine (overseas).  She was diagnosed as a breakthrough case (Covid symptoms plus positive PCR test).  Her symptoms were: very sore throat, dry cough, fever, complete loss of taste and smell, weakness … says it was the worst “flu” of her life.  She is young so recovered well within the 14 days.  It may have gone badly for an older/frail person.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

The Delta strain is as contagious as the common cold, has similar symptoms and similar fatality rates.

Having caught Covid once, you will have reasonable immunity for 6 - 9 months. However, you can catch a slightly different variant at any time, but the symptoms will be mild.

Everyone will need a Covid shot every 12 months to keep up with the various strains etc. However, assuming most people are vaccinated, future variants are more likely to be mild.

We will be getting to the ridiculous stage by early next year where Governments could effectively be locking down cities for something with similar infection and fatality rates to the common cold. 

We just have to learn to live with it, get our yearly jabs (along with our flu shots) and get on with life.

Wonder how long it will be before getting a yearly jab will be a condition of visa/reentry renewal?

19 hours ago, Confuscious said:

No need for a vaccin.
They are never reported.

Of course, when you asked your original question, it should have been clear that it wasn't done in good faith since there are plenty of sites on the internet that could have given you the info.

And of course your conclusions are nonsense. When was the last time a common cold overloaded hospitals to the extent that all ICU's and critical care bed were occupied and people had to be turned away? 

• Like 1

I went yesterday to the hospital for my monthly checkup and rised the question to my doctor at the hospital.
This are his answers:
1. If you are healthy and you have a strong body, Covid-19 will be like a flu and you will recover in about 2 weeks time.
The symptoms that differ from the common flu are:
- running nose (more than normal)

- loss of smell and taste (actually he said "loss of aroma")

- diarrhea

- feeling of a belt being wrapped around your torso
- some patients will suffer also from headaches

2. If you are not healthy, or you have suffered an operation lately, you will have more or less the same symptoms, but your aching is more pronounced and you will have breathing difficulties.
Medical intervention is required, but you can recover at home with taking medicines and an inhalator.

3. If you are over 60, have underlying critical diseases (heart, kidney, liver, a.o. diseases), the symptoms will be the same as 1, but breathing will become extremely difficult and the ache in your torso (heart, kidney, liver, etc.) will be very strong.
Immediate hospital care is needed.

Hope this will help.

On a side note:
According to my doctor, most vaccines WILL NOT KILL the virus!!!!
They will reduce significantly the body harm of the virus, but you will still carry the virus and are prone to variants of Covid.

What happens.

You get an alert that you are going to get sick. You have about four hours to get things in order. Get plenty of water and maybe fruit.

After four hours you will get an unrelenting high fever for three days. You are going to sweat and have difficulty leaving the bed. High delusional fever.

On the fourth day you are dazed but feel better. Can eat.

Days five to ten the lung problems begin. Slow pneumonia that gradually worsens. On day ten it either breaks or you will go to the hospital. With delta this may last longer.

Next two months your lungs are inflamed. Can walk but cannot run or lift weights. Lungs ache. Also diarrhea and stomach problems for two months. You may need O2 or a hepa filter blowing over you when you sleep to stop the shortness of breath.

After that, party with impunity.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kevinsan said:

What happens.

You get an alert that you are going to get sick. You have about four hours to get things in order. Get plenty of water and maybe fruit.

After four hours you will get an unrelenting high fever for three days. You are going to sweat and have difficulty leaving the bed. High delusional fever.

On the fourth day you are dazed but feel better. Can eat.

Days five to ten the lung problems begin. Slow pneumonia that gradually worsens. On day ten it either breaks or you will go to the hospital. With delta this may last longer.

Next two months your lungs are inflamed. Can walk but cannot run or lift weights. Lungs ache. Also diarrhea and stomach problems for two months. You may need O2 or a hepa filter blowing over you when you sleep to stop the shortness of breath.

After that, party with impunity.

According to my doctor, the fever is not common to every patient.
Some patients my have been infected with Covid, but dont she any fever and some have only a slight fever.
But the lung problems (a belt on your torso) and the diarrhea are common to all patients.
Most patients who have their lungs started to be inflammed are searching already medical care and are entering the critical fase (case 2 and 3).

7 hours ago, Confuscious said:

I went yesterday to the hospital for my monthly checkup and rised the question to my doctor at the hospital.
This are his answers:
1. If you are healthy and you have a strong body, Covid-19 will be like a flu and you will recover in about 2 weeks time.
The symptoms that differ from the common flu are:
- running nose (more than normal)

- loss of smell and taste (actually he said "loss of aroma")

- diarrhea

- feeling of a belt being wrapped around your torso
- some patients will suffer also from headaches

2. If you are not healthy, or you have suffered an operation lately, you will have more or less the same symptoms, but your aching is more pronounced and you will have breathing difficulties.
Medical intervention is required, but you can recover at home with taking medicines and an inhalator.

3. If you are over 60, have underlying critical diseases (heart, kidney, liver, a.o. diseases), the symptoms will be the same as 1, but breathing will become extremely difficult and the ache in your torso (heart, kidney, liver, etc.) will be very strong.
Immediate hospital care is needed.

Hope this will help.

On a side note:
According to my doctor, most vaccines WILL NOT KILL the virus!!!!
They will reduce significantly the body harm of the virus, but you will still carry the virus and are prone to variants of Covid.

Get yourself a new doctor. 

His descriptions of the symptoms caused by the Delta variant is outdated. 

"Cough, loss of smell, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea are less common with the delta variant, though they are still being reported in smaller numbers. The most common symptoms of the delta variant include sore throat, runny nose, headache, and fever"

And clearly, your doctor is scientifically illiterate. No vaccines kill the virus. They educate your immune system to either repel the virus and/or subdue it should you be infected. And no, you won't carry the virus,

Actually, given the level of misinformation you've supplied, I suspect that your doctor is an entirely fictional creation. Moreover, why do you think an anonymous doctor's opinion would carry more weight than that of virologists and epidemiologists? 

On 8/9/2021 at 6:25 AM, Confuscious said:

No need for a vaccin.
They are never reported.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-cold/fact-check-you-are-not-more-likely-to-die-from-the-common-cold-than-covid-19-idUSKCN26D0XT