Expats in Pattaya on Thai SS getting vaccination

hereforgood

Any one here that is covered with the Thai SS gotten vaccination ? I am in Pattaya and over 60 but not a bangkok pattaya hospital customer and they require you to be a customer of theirs to get the Jab. Was wondering if there is any other option based on being on SS or if I must go to Bangkok for the shots?  advance thanks !

Can you not attend BPH for a consultation on a minor issue that will then give you that required patient number? Being over 60 you must have some minor ailment that can be used as an excuse for a one-off appointment. Maybe even the cheapest screening package.

Would likely be not far off the cost of a taxi to/from Bangkok and certainly less hassle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dabhand said:

Can you not attend BPH for a consultation on a minor issue that will then give you that required patient number? Being over 60 you must have some minor ailment that can be used as an excuse for a one-off appointment. Maybe even the cheapest screening package.

Would likely be not far off the cost of a taxi to/from Bangkok and certainly less hassle.

I do have a BP HN and contacted them directly but initially they wouldn't give me an appointment. Now through the government web sites I requested a date and time and got nothing back. I then tried to register again and they confirmed I already had an appointment so I rang direct and they confirmed the time and date next week. I am not on Thai SS

24 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

I do have a BP HN and contacted them directly but initially they wouldn't give me an appointment. Now through the government web sites I requested a date and time and got nothing back. I then tried to register again and they confirmed I already had an appointment so I rang direct and they confirmed the time and date next week. I am not on Thai SS

What a hassle.

You'd think they would want people vaccinated as quickly as possible.

All this red tape

Ridiculous.

Hope you get your vaccine.

1 hour ago, chilly07 said:

I also have a BPH patient number and was able to register with no drama for their current vaccine offer. Am due to be jabbed on 19th. This was done direct with their online registration form.

Did you apply by using the online form or via another application method?

3 hours ago, soisanuk said:

Samtivej Hospital in Sriracha has opened registration for Expats age 60 or over or for those with certain medical conditions.   Sriracha is located north of Pattaya and is about a 30 minute drive - https://www.samitivejsriracha.com/article-detail/?lang=en&type=article&id=1119

I registered with that Sriracha hospital when it first came out. Not a peep since. Whereas the BPH registration (with patient number) was a quick registration process including being able to self request the date / time for vaccination with a prompt confirmation sent thereafter. 

3 hours ago, soisanuk said:

Samtivej Hospital in Sriracha has opened registration for Expats age 60 or over or for those with certain medical conditions.   Sriracha is located north of Pattaya and is about a 30 minute drive - https://www.samitivejsriracha.com/article-detail/?lang=en&type=article&id=1119

Many thanks contacted them awaiting confirmation 

20 hours ago, soisanuk said:

It is : Thailandintervac.......