Thai women conned by ”rich foreigner” - how ”Jim” was snared by private investigators

webfact

9 hours ago, Whale said:

Was she interested in the man or his wealth. Thailand all over.

9 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

In Thai 'Jim' is just another name for female genitalia ... He must have been a right <deleted>

????......

9 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

I found a few things humorous in this news article.

1) Tinder date

2) Thai teaching English

3) The PI firm uploading false information into a computer system and getting a wife of an investigator to pose as a woman looking for love on Tinder

What is funny about Thai English teachers? 

once i was sitting in a cafe, daytime, and there were two attractive woman besides me.

we talked and one of them found me also attractive and gave me her email.

she asked if we could go to my hotel so i assumed she is a working girl but

did not want to do it in the middle of the day.

i had to leave thailand so we exchanged emails and when i came back

we arranged a meeting.

she came with a friend in a brand new mercedes sports car.

i asked where the car from. she said from her husband.

i asked :: "so you are married?"

she she said yes, very relaxed, and said that her husband was a rich farang.

wierd.

we drunk coffee but no more because i never do married woman. i never contacted her again but saw her on t.v. once...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

It always confuses me when Thai women who are absolutely obsessed with material wealth complain about men treating them badly.

Not much different in the States. After failed marriages or relationships, I often hear from the ladies, but he was successful, had a great job, great body, worked out, was Mr. Charisma, blah blah. Unforunately all those things seem to take precedence over, is he actually a good guy? A gentleman? Isn't full of himself? Actually cares about you? I watched such a situation unfold with my neighbors, leaving behind a daughter, and yet another single mom.

Scumbag for sure, but as one of my uni profs said, a woman warning the girls, it takes two to tango.

16 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Clearly, the game works both ways.  I would wager that males are most often the victims here, as our little heads often take over and do all the thinking.

I agree.  In my small circle of friends, I hear many tales of farang males being ripped off by females.  My ex is now on her third marriage having sucked me dry.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, steven100 said:

yes ......   what actually happened ?     how did she lose everything ?     how did Jim con the 5 women  ?

I don't get it  !!!!!

Wow...try actually reading the source.

Tricked them into opening bank accounts and ATM cards. including borrowing money to do business for hundreds of thousands of baht But she had to check the woman's record. It was because she received a summons from an investigator at a provincial police station in Chiang Rai province for fraud. Fraudulently selling a phone to a monk But the item received was 2 boxes of masks, with her name being the owner of the bank account that the monk had transferred money to.

Seriously don't know how some of you work out how to get out of bed in the mornings.

• Haha 1

Here is a rough translation from the POV of the Private Investigators(not from the Kapook article):

..The story of Mr. Padma, the employer She works as a government teacher. Teach English subjects in Bangkok Divorced with ex-husband Have 1 child, contact us to help check the history of one woman. By asking for address and ID card number... ... when we finished the information, she cried on the other end of the phone line saying "Do I really have to go to jail for this?" We tried to ask for information for advice. until you know the details She was hit by a foreign man she was dating. Trick them into opening bank accounts and ATM cards. Including borrowing money to do business, hundreds of thousands of baht, but she has to check the registration of the woman's history. Because she received a summons from an investigator at a Provincial Police Station in Chiang Rai ... ...that the employer is a fraud by selling two iPhones to one monk But the items received were 2 boxes of mis, with her name being the owner of the bank account that the monk had transferred money to. The name on the check is listed as the courier. therefore being charged with fraud But the authors try to pay special attention. Because the parcel in question was sent at a private transport in Don Han Subdistrict, Mueang District, Khon Kaen Province, at the tip of this author's nose... ...Indeed, the truth is She met a foreign man named Mr. Jim, a 40-year-old Singaporean, doing business in Thailand. By getting to know each other through the dating app Tinder, Mr. Jim used a luxurious profile to flirt. claiming that he wants to create a family want to have a Thai wife I want to be the father of your child want to do business with Because foreigners do business in Thailand is quite difficult. Teacher Pattama, the employer trusts him to borrow money. Submit documents for renting a house including opening bank accounts and ATM cards because he believed in the sweet words And luxury profiles on social media... ...on the first date Mr. Jim will use a luxury car like a businessman. Bring money not less than 2 hundred thousand to tempt the victim of Thai women to fall in love and eventually trapped Until there was a lawsuit that made the employer Padma's eyes widen at a later time. But...it was too late to realize it. because of the lawsuit Both were snatched away. Before Mr. Jim blocked all contact with the employer... ...Mr. Padma, the employer tried to Post all channels for people to help find. But there is no clue about Mr. Jim's whereabouts in any way. Only at least 5 victims contacted via chat to tell that they were once by Mr. Jim deceived and damaged property. tricked into renting a house tricked into giving out a car tricked into opening an account and tricked into lending money to... ...The story of almost all victims is the same story. Get to know through dating apps Then switch to chatting online. Done and meet before the relationship is a fan Mr Jim will select the victims who are women between the ages of 35 and 45, who serve in the government and run their own business, are quite wealthy. before everyone believed lose money To Mr. Jim, almost everyone... ...Another important clue comes from a college professor of a retail company. that Mr. Jim is texting a line to flirt with her and would like to ask her to help as a business consultant But suddenly Mr. Jim disappeared. He came to know that he drove a luxury car and crashed into other people's cars. When he saw the police, he ran away. in the area of Mueang District Maha Sarakham Province... ...Mr. Pattama, the employer disappeared for about a week Suddenly contacted back saying Let us proceed with the suspect on the arrest warrant, Mr. Jim, a young Singaporean. scammer selling dreams And Chong will be able to slash Thai women. The operation to hunt for Mr. Jim is happening now... ... Let me expand a bit, which is to track down the accused. It will be easier than detecting adultery. because found and coordinated with the officers to arrest them, do not have to watch, do not have to follow, like an adulterous job, but the cost will be extraordinarily high But most people do not like to hire each other because When I was deceived, I just wanted a refund. When detectives can't guarantee that they'll get a refund? So I don't dare to hire Ummm...a detective, not a debt collector, 555+... ... a few hours after agreeing to hire. There is an older sister who is a friend on Facebook with Mr. Jim. that we have previously coordinated Chat to tell the author that Mr. Jim plays on the App Tinder, is 90 km away from her, so it's an important clue that From Kalasin to Khon Kaen is about 80 - 90 km. Mr. Jim must be in Khon Kaen for sure. because looking at picking up retail college professors to deliver parcels and wash cars around Khon Kaen ... ... when we send the information to the employer The employer then coordinated to the immigration police immediately. Mr. Jim is not Jim's name, but Mr. Tan Boon Hock ... is a Malaysian. enter Thailand Passing through the Sadao checkpoint, Songkhla Province, the visa has expired for more than 2 years ... ... the next morning I know from the employer that the immigration police team has arrived in Khon Kaen. Prepare to arrest when detectives coordinate Author: Huh, what? ...The shocking sound is I haven't started anything to follow. Also, I've never met a police officer who works so fast. Some cases even hold the culprit for almost 2 hours before arriving at the scene. But this policeman since The detectives haven't even started anything yet... ...The author called for an urgent team meeting. The team can't come due to soreness with the incident that clashed with the employer's husband the day before There was only a student intern and his girlfriend, including me as three. We did a behavioral analysis. of Mr. Jim is as follows: 1. Mr. Jim : Must live in Khon Kaen Province or nearby provinces. 2. Mr. Jim now doesn't have a car because the Maha Sarakham Police have seized it. 3. Mr. Jim wants to trick a woman aged 35+. 4. The victim must be a government official. 5. The victim must have a car. 6. The way we can find it is Tinder. ...The apprentice suggested that we have to continue with birds. To lure Mr. Jim, who is looking for a new victim to deceive. Since today is urgent, there is no one else. This kind of qualification seems to be the author's wife only...

34 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Tricked them into opening bank accounts and ATM cards. including borrowing money to do business for hundreds of thousands of baht

so please explain how one loses everything from just opening bank accounts and having ATM cards    ?

it's not a house, car,  land,  or a business asset.   

Is it that he emptied the account and did a runner then after a year later the bank seized everything to pay off the loans /  borrowed funds for the business     ??????

20 hours ago, worgeordie said:

It was, he conned her first before she could con him, 

The bait is always greed , the woman would not have

looked at him twice ,if he was just an ordinary ,honest

man. with next to nothing.

regards worgeordie

Also, what did he, allegedly, con her out of? It is mentioned that he had 'a nice car and 200,000 baht', but nothing about anything she lost, except the word 'everything', which could very well be a few coffee mugs...

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

so please explain how one loses everything from just opening bank accounts and having ATM cards    ?

it's not a house, car,  land,  or a business asset.   

Is it that he emptied the account and did a runner then after a year later the bank seized everything to pay off the loans /  borrowed funds for the business     ??????

You are asking and answering your own questions. Good. Keep it up.

Meanwhile, those who are able to read....

including borrowing money to do business, hundreds of thousands of baht...

Mr. Jim deceived and damaged property. tricked into renting a house tricked into giving out a car tricked into opening an account and tricked into lending money to...

• Haha 1