Pattaya Tourist Police...

Weho

How about the proof is: the aquarium guy picked up the broken light fixture from me, as witnessed by me, a maid, a security guard, and a friend, AND he didn't return it when promised. That could be considered THEFT, genius.

So, you earned your JD from which prestigious university? :o

hey now! :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the proof is: the aquarium guy picked up the broken light fixture from me, as witnessed by me, a maid, a security guard, and a friend, AND he didn't return it when promised. That could be considered THEFT, genius.

jdinasia:

You and I know what JD stands for. I'd bet weho has to Google it.

I know a bloke just like you, runs by the clock and expect everything to work as clockwork...

Came here about a year ago, bought expensive home, and ended up being a nervous wreck, contemplating wetter just to take his loss and leave Thailand never to return.

If you expect everything to work as clockwork and people/companies to be on the minute, you're in for a bad experience :o

I don't expect EVERYTHING to go like clockwork here, but here's a typical conversation I would have here, and it's the way I confirmed it with the Aquarium Guy ("A.G.")

Weho: what time can you deliver the fixed light?

AG: 2 pm on Saturday

Weho: 2 pm Saturday, sure sure?

AG: Yes, no problem.

Weho: 2 pm, not 3 pm on Saturday, you no late? You come before 2 pm on Saturday?

AG: Sure sure, i come before 2 pm Saturday, sure, sure, no problem.

Weho: OK, i wait for you Saturday by 2 pm. If you no here by 2 pm, I call you on mobile.

AG: OK, no problem, 2 pm Saturday.

Weho: I will call you at 2:01 if you no come.

AG: OK, no problem, sure sure.

Weho: OK, then I'll see you by 2 pm Saturday. Not sunday, not monday, not next month, this Saturday by 2 PM. I wait for you.

AG: OK, bye bye, thank you, merry christmas, bye bye, thank you.

Weho: haouhgh???

AG: nevermind, 2 pm Saturday.

Weho: ok.

NOTE: What i really should do, is have them sign a paper, and give them only a deposit, and the signed papers says for every hour they are late, I get to deduct 100 baht. Mai pen rai.

Annal retentive and uses pidgeon English. savy, savy!!

This 'Weho' guy/woman/something in the middle or whatever it is wants to be careful and watch what he/she/it goes around saying to Thai's..

Threatening a Thai guy with the police for such a stupid reason? Remember some of these Thai guys carry around guns and tend to go around shooting people for no big reason..

If you are living in Thailand and carry on with the way you act, You should watch your back... Just a friendly warning :D Thai people do not like people like you who go around threatening people and making such a huge fuss over something so small.

No wonder you have to sleep with a Goldfish, Jeez!!

Thanks for the laugh!! :o

Edited by Meg_ken2003

jdinasia:

OK what do the initials "JD" stand for?

Juris Doctorate??

Juvenile Delinquent??

:D

This 'Weho' guy/woman/something in the middle or whatever it is wants to be careful and watch what he/she/it goes around saying to Thai's..

Threatening a Thai guy with the police for such a stupid reason? Remember some of these Thai guys carry around guns and tend to go around shooting people for no big reason..

If you are living in Thailand and carry on with the way you act, You should watch your back... Just a friendly warning :D Thai people do not like people like you who go around threatening people and making such a huge fuss over something so small.

No wonder you have to sleep with a Goldfish, Jeez!!

Thanks for the laugh!! :o

lol good point :D

i do agree with megken on this one, there words are true, he should be careful in this country. but i must also add, i do feel a bit sorry for the guy, this thread seems to be nothing but "taking the P*** out of someone who gets angry quickly with the thai culture" you must calm down a bit, and dont threaten the thai -or you will come a cropper for sure one day if you carry on, threatening with the tourist police wont get you anywhere.

jdinasia:

Is that really your best "A" comedy material? If so, we're in trouble. Your failed attempt a humour eludes me.

You are so lucky to live in a tourist area weho.Because if you lived in the real Thailand you would probably be in a world of hurt by now.

You think he does?

NOTE: What i really should do, is have them sign a paper, and give them only a deposit, and the signed papers says for every hour they are late, I get to deduct 100 baht. Mai pen rai.

Yes that is what you should do! :o

This post has been edited by Weho: Yesterday, 2007-05-28 17:02:22

This only goes to show more proof of exactly how stupid you really are and if you carry on with this type of attitude, the Thais will surely give you a wakeup call on what it means to be Jai yen yen. It's people like you that make the rest of us look bad. Take your whinging ass attitude back to wherever you came from.

and making such a huge fuss over something so small.

Oh, "something so small"... so 10% of the bill is "small" to you... you must be quite wealthy. You must be a REAL BIG SPENDER. I suppose you don't even bother counting your change. You're a regular Rockefeller, or even a Taksin. Oh, what it must be like to be you.

and a "huge fuss" is now defined by you to be me asking them one time to remove an incorrect charge?

Oh, if the rest of us could only be as perfect as you think you are.

This post has been edited by Weho: Yesterday, 2007-05-28 17:02:22

This only goes to show more proof of exactly how stupid you really are and if you carry on with this type of attitude, the Thais will surely give you a wakeup call on what it means to be Jai yen yen. It's people like you that make the rest of us look bad. Take your whinging ass attitude back to wherever you came from.

Perhaps you should spend a little less time telling others how to live their lives, and a little more time learning how to spell.

Oh, "something so small"... so 10% of the bill is "small" to you... you must be quite wealthy. You must be a REAL BIG SPENDER. I suppose you don't even bother counting your change. You're a regular Rockefeller, or even a Taksin. Oh, what it must be like to be you.

and a "huge fuss" is now defined by you to be me asking them one time to remove an incorrect charge?

Ummm, huh?? Did you forget to put your reading glasses on when reading my post?

What are you talking about, 10% of the bill? This is about you threatening a Thai guy with the police 1 minute after he was supposed to arrive.. This thread or my post is not about money or bills...

Looks like all this is getting to your head already... Calm down man! Take a chill pill!! :o:D

Edited by Meg_ken2003

all i can say is, if you dont like the thai way, and the thai cultures, then go and be a tourist in another country and dont forget your goldfish. its as simple as that. stop moaning for gods sake man !!!! this is the land of smiles :o:D

Ummm, huh?? Did you forget to put your reading glasses on when reading my post?

What are you talking about, 10% of the bill? This is about you threatening a Thai guy with the police 1 minute after he was supposed to arrive.. This thread or my post is not about money or bills...

Looks like all this is getting to your head already... Calm down man! Take a chill pill!! :o:D

Why are you complaining about my method of dealing with crooked people, who promise things, then don't deliver? And this is why there IS a "tourist police"... presumably that speaks English... and they were never used/ called... I'm just suggesting bring them up did the trick to get a crook to behave. I guess I said it in a way that he took to be serious. I should be complimented.

Now, behind your anonymous computer screen, write something back about how evil you think I am, and how you are such wonderful people that don't mind being overcharged (that is, behind your computer screen). I have a feeling in reality, you are the type to throw a BIG HISSY FIT, and won't even end up getting your way.

I got my way, and I got it MY WAY. You might just learn something from me, sweetcheeks.

i am finished on this particular thread now !!! this guy seems to be a nutter and its going no where.. good luck in thailand with your attitude toards the thai way of life matey, carry on, and soon you will be gone. bye bye. ps good luck. !!!

Why are you complaining about my method of dealing with crooked people, who promise things, then don't deliver? And this is why there IS a "tourist police"... presumably that speaks English... and they were never used/ called... I'm just suggesting bring them up did the trick to get a crook to behave. I guess I said it in a way that he took to be serious. I should be complimented.

Now, behind your anonymous computer screen, write something back about how evil you think I am, and how you are such wonderful people that don't mind being overcharged (that is, behind your computer screen). I have a feeling in reality, you are the type to throw a BIG HISSY FIT, and won't even end up getting your way.

I got my way, and I got it MY WAY. You might just learn something from me, sweetcheeks.

Did I complain? No. I just commented that you should watch your attitude when you are a visitor in someone elses country, because you will never win with them!

ME, behind MY anonymous computer screen? If I am anonymous, then what are you? You are so "anonymous" that you cant even tell anyone whether you are male or female, and then you turn around calling US anonymous.. Jeez..

When did I say that I dont mind people being overcharged? You need to get your facts right before having your 'Big Hissy Fit' ... Go on, quote me where I said I dont mind being overcharged. Actually, I do check my change, and I will speak up if I am unfairly overcharged.

You need to grow up, and sort out your attitude as at the moment it sucks.... Like I said, Go around threatening Thai people when they are 1 minute late, and you wont last long in this country...

Good Luck, You need it!!!

Edit: Typo

Edited by Meg_ken2003

yeah - thats all the slobs are good for. shopping squabbles.

last night i called them up. ring ring - NO ANSWER.

finally answer - MULTIPLE TIMES not speaking at other end and CONTINUALLY hanging up.

moto thief got another one. call about a songtaew dispute - they just laugh.

why bother! another worthless thai institution sucking money from the poor.