Is Sinovac the only jab being offered outside Bangkok

john thom

28 minutes ago, rwill said:

Locally here in Ratchaburi they are doing either 2 Sinopharm or 1 Sinovac + 1 AZ.  There may still be some places around here doing 2 Sinovac.   Not sure about that, the people I know are getting the options I listed first.

yeah,  seems to be the norm unless you do some research and find better jabs somewhere 

On 8/13/2021 at 11:01 AM, john thom said:

Yes. Seems like Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, maybe Chang Mai-   But I believe in the sticks there is no such luck-  at least from what I read-

I live in rural Kamphaeng Phet and my Aussie mate (who is 85), his wife and her Mum got jabbed with Sinovac about 10 days ago at the amphur hospital. 

Last Wednesday my wife (56) got Sinovac at the same hospital.

I wasn't invited either time so I have no vaccinations.

The odd thing is that my wife registered both of us at the same time at the local clinic.

• Sad 2

Showed up at 11am at KK Central Plaza & was checked, Vaccinated, and cleared to leave in less than 90 minutes. 

Very well run by patient nice people. 

Never felt too crowded. 

My 2nd shot (both AZ) is schedule for October. 

My wife is still waiting for hers.

Sinovac was scheduled at local government clinic -- and cancelled 12 hours later. 

Should she sleep on the roof?

• Like 2

On 8/13/2021 at 2:22 AM, john thom said:

Yes all well and good. BUT.  I've been trying to get any research in the sinovac and sinaphorm against Delta , and nothing reliable coming out of china. If there's not enough good information , why the hell is the government pushing it so much

They aren’t “pushing it” 

what do you even mean by that anyway.

They are using it because that’s all they had at one point. It’s the only vaccine they could order and get guaranteed delivery. It’s also shown to be effective on preventing serious illness and death

On 8/15/2021 at 6:25 AM, wmlc said:

I have a colleague in Surin who will get Astra Zeneca on August 22nd and he also registered for Phizer vaccine. Stop whining and spend the same amount of time and effort in registering for the vaccine and you will find a way to get it. I did as well and it’s Astra Zeneca and I don’t live in Bangkok either but outside of Bangkok. 

This has been my bugbear for months

If people put 1% of the energy they put into moaning, into actually registering for a vaccine, they would have been jabbed weeks ago.

twice I’ve posted info on how to register for vaccination and 90% of the replies are people moaning about the arrangement 

1 hour ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

They aren’t “pushing it” 

what do you even mean by that anyway.

They are using it because that’s all they had at one point. It’s the only vaccine they could order and get guaranteed delivery. It’s also shown to be effective on preventing serious illness and death

sorry, but they waited too late to order anything else. They went into talks with western vaccinens makers when delta started to take over Thailand. Too little too late. Healthcare workers now getting Pfizer because Chinese jabs not good against Delta. Follow the data .

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, john thom said:

sorry, but they waited too late to order anything else. They went into talks with western vaccinens makers when delta started to take over Thailand. Too little too late. Healthcare workers now getting Pfizer because Chinese jabs not good against Delta. Follow the data .

I think that the situation is fairly well understood in terms of the issues  about the limited availablity for preferred  vaccines. But I think where possible in provinces  outside of the  greater Bangkok or other hot spot areas those in the 60+ and perhaps now expats specifically who are registered in some method or other will be offered AZ. Otherwise it will probably be Sinovac or maybe Sinopharm if under  60 and having no recorded serious health preconditions. I doubt Pfizer will escape the clutches of the predetermined .

• Like 2