Domestic tourism urged to be promoted as backup plan to overseas arrivals

webfact

I think it's a 4th wave and more lock down measures on cards.

The pick of this wave will be sometimes in October and end of it sometimes at the end of year (basing prediction on mathematical model and on the government preparations of covid medicines).

Do forget any organised, large scale tourism for a year, maybe two.

Let people to decide by themselves to take day's off work when they feel to take holidays.

Those long weekend holidays, as well as well as all state and religious holidays, are just for the pandemic to prolong.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anythingleft? said:

I'm unclear on how the vaccinations will help on the travel front. If you are vaccinated and can still contract and transmit covid when and why would they remove the quarantine period and ease travel restrictions?

It's the travel restrictions that are stopping tourists and the quarantines that put people off, whats the difference between being vaccinated and carrying / transmitting covid or not being vaccinated and transmitting / carrying covid. 

Okay it eases the burden on the health facilities but each country at the moment seems to be trying to head towards eradication which looks pretty out of reach at this point in time.....

I am not talking about the chinese vaccines, I am talking about the good mrna vaccines which give you some protection against the covid - delta etc and if you get attached you will mainly only get a infection like a flu, that would be good enough for me to travel at, still you can go free around in the nothern provinces by car. 

All this crazy situation in the country, can only change to the better by vax with good vaccines to all people. What is going on now is only making the situation more and more bad, in the morning a thai doctor said he was affraid half of the population will be attached in 3 month, if nothing changes, understood that the only is vax.

Ok many thing is closed now, so you must look good around when you make your travel plans, but still there is many options, specially if you not are going for the biggest tourist things.

Today i was on the very same beach pictured above at Patong and i had the beach pretty much for myself at mid day, i would have loved for some of my Thai friend to come join me but no flights, no buses and no entry to Thai people, i think they should allow a certain number of domestic tourism to enter the so called sandbox areas as most Phuket is pretty much deserted and void or tourists...

• Sad 1

How does domestic travel promotion work when you're not allowed from one province to another, and there's quasi lockdown in place?

Sending a VR headset to people so they can travel around Thailand in the comfort of their own homes?

Create a realistic VR experience using a normal 360-degree camera

Just imagine the opportunities. You'd get to be virtually ripped off by taxi or jetski mafia, you could enjoy virtual diarrhea from a virtual som tum stall. And what's even more amazing - this could be expanded to foreign tourists without much effort!

Edited by tomazbodner
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, finnsk said:

I like to travel in Thailand, before Covid 3- 4 times a year, then we pack the car or take the domestic plane to somewhere in the country.

That was before, now we are trapped in a village long outside the ricefields, without covid vaccines, sitting on our ash and borring and try to get free of the delta variant.

I thinl many expats like me and my friends would like to make domestic travels if we where not covid trapped.

Give us for god sake the vax, then we can do some good to the country.

YES!!

Give us the good vaccines instead of more of the usual empty promises and domestic travel and business can take up some of the slack.  But the days of old when Thailand would host 30 million plus travelers is gone for a long time at the present rate.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai Hotels Association is urging the government to come up with measures to promote domestic tourism, because it is unsure that the plan, earlier announced by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha to reopen Thailand to foreign visitors by mid-October, will be achieved, as the country is battling its worst COVID-19 outbreak yet with new highs set each day.

Plan B is not even on the table... they're still trying to sort out Plan A fiasco.

If by the end of the month there will not be a relaxation of the restrictions(at least opening of shops/restaurants and lifting of domestic travel restrictions)Thailand is doomed.

I am just waiting september to decide if it's time to leave this place for a while.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, statman78 said:

Singapore’s model is the way to go once everyone who wants to be vaccinated is vaccinated with an effective vaccine.  According to some experts we will not get to “herd immunity” with this virus.  Vaccines will protect us from serious infection or hospitalization.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/12/herd-immunity-is-mythical-with-the-covid-delta-variant-experts-say.html?__source=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.Mail

Exactly - after that we will just have to live with it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai Hotels Association is urging the government to come up with measures to promote domestic tourism

Oh yeah, I'm sure some domestic tourism will make up for the 20% of GDP lost when the farangs stopped coming.

Maybe they'd like to drop the requirements for a compulsary 2 week hotel stay, 4 PCR tests and the lucrative Thai covid insurance?

Edited by nkg
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Olivie said:

That's what European countries are doing. Most Western Europe has more than 70% of adults that already got 1 jab. All is open.

The problem in Asia, they always followed the "0 case strategy'. But it does not work with the Delta variant.
Now Singapore is the first asian country to chose to "live with the virus". They seem smart, like European, and smarten than most of asian countries.

I have read about their plans...It seems travellers would need to be tested on arrival, book 1 -2 nights at hotel until results come?

It seems pretty reasoanble, though EU countries are more flexible.

Announcement of the Dutch Embassy I got today not to go for holiday to Thailand.Only for necessary travels . If you come back from Thailand and don't have a vaccination, you have to stay in house quarantine in the Netherlands...so what is the use to talk about opening for tourists, but many other countries have the same rules..  

• Like 2