Just returned from Med-Park Hospital recieved my Shot.

Robbie63

Got my Pfizer today as well at Medpark. Super well organised and 40min you in and out. No more queues or so.. I literally was shot 5min after I entered. I went in the afternoon at the time of my appointment.

How did I get there? Well.... don't give up.

1. Submitted without underlying diseases 

2. Submitted again with underlying diseases and got a med certificate from a hospital for 400 THB. The 100 KG rule is still stupid but hey I don't mind they make the rules not me.

Your best shot is to get a nice medical certificate from a nice hospital and register with Medpark if you under 60 years. I would even drive 2 hours there if you got an appointment.  All the rest signups never worked out for me.

A lot of discussion in front of Medpark ???? some people got only offered Astra because they didn't have that certificate etc 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yup, I was there last week and a 20’s something American was in line behind me. We already got an idea that he was gonna struggle as he had no proof of his underlying health problem.

“ if they offer Astra I’m gonna tell em where to stick it !! “ he bravely proclaimed.

Just before we arrived at the desk outside a woman was asking everyone if we have our passports and health certificate if necessary. I showed her my passport and said “ over 60 “ , “ Pfizer “ she replied and I moved on.

After the desk passport check I went inside and the last thing I heard was :

” No, YOU don’t understand, I am an American citizen !! “

Needless to say, I never saw him come inside.

Moral of this tale:

If you are under 60 and want Pfizer, get some proof/health certificate otherwise it’s AZ or the Highway !!

yep 

Today a Japanese guy couldn't stop yelling at them because he can't fly to Japan with the Astra it seems, but yeah also under 60 and no med certificate so he got Astra in the end. 

It's nowadays super empty. I had 1 person waiting before me, so not that many people anymore like we saw on day 1. Also enough Pfizer there so far in my cabin alone she had 40 Pfizer doses (which give 3-4 each or?) 

On 8/15/2021 at 6:25 PM, thailand49 said:

It was never promised from what I read when it comes to the Pfizer majority of it whatever is left after the government leaders VIP get their shot it was to go to all the front line workers that would start with those in Bangkok I think there was a article yesterday that front line workers in other provinces would be getting it in the next few days whether there will be any left for expats is unknown. It has also been reported that U.S. donated another 2 million doses Pfizer to arrived in a few months?  Then you got another story the Thai government has procured another 30 million doses Pfizer beginning of the year hope that story isn't more smoke?  Meantime I wonder what is going on with the Moderna?

Moderna already made a public statement a while ago that all its production/allocation for this year is already made and scheduled so I think next year before any new allocations are made .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, burner2014 said:

yep 

Today a Japanese guy couldn't stop yelling at them because he can't fly to Japan with the Astra it seems, but yeah also under 60 and no med certificate so he got Astra in the end. 

It's nowadays super empty. I had 1 person waiting before me, so not that many people anymore like we saw on day 1. Also enough Pfizer there so far in my cabin alone she had 40 Pfizer doses (which give 3-4 each or?) 

How long before your second dose, 3 weeks?

Thanks

6 hours ago, burner2014 said:

yep 

“ After dilution, one vial contains 6 doses of 0.3 mL. Vial labels and cartons may state that after dilution, a vial contains 5 doses of 0.3 mL. The information in this Fact Sheet regarding the number of doses per vial after dilution supersedes the number of doses stated on vial labels and cartons. “
Source: fda.gov

19 hours ago, burner2014 said:

Got my Pfizer today as well at Medpark. Super well organised and 40min you in and out. No more queues or so.. I literally was shot 5min after I entered. I went in the afternoon at the time of my appointment.

2. Submitted again with underlying diseases and got a med certificate from a hospital for 400 THB. The 100 KG rule is still stupid but hey I don't mind they make the rules not me.

Your best shot is to get a nice medical certificate from a nice hospital and register with Medpark if you under 60 years. I would even drive 2 hours there if you got an appointment.  All the rest signups never worked out for me.

A lot of discussion in front of Medpark ???? some people got only offered Astra because they didn't have that certificate etc 

Hello, what time did you arrive at the MedPark Hosp? If you drove there, did traffic and parking pose any problems?

Sorry for the interrogation, I assure you I am not a lawyer.

44 minutes ago, ebice said:

Hello, what time did you arrive at the MedPark Hosp? If you drove there, did traffic and parking pose any problems?

Sorry for the interrogation, I assure you I am not a lawyer.

no worries.

I drove there in the afternoon, was worried more about the protests going on to have traffic ???? 

No traffic at all, Bangkok is empty at the moment without Taxis (and tourists)

Parking once you get the appointment they tell you to park at TheParq (hope I spell it correct) it's the mall next to the hospital.. free parking .. there are no cars parking there at the moment because the mall is closed only some food shops open for takeaway.

1 hour ago, burner2014 said:

no worries.

I drove there in the afternoon, was worried more about the protests going on to have traffic ???? 

No traffic at all, Bangkok is empty at the moment without Taxis (and tourists)

Parking once you get the appointment they tell you to park at TheParq (hope I spell it correct) it's the mall next to the hospital.. free parking .. there are no cars parking there at the moment because the mall is closed only some food shops open for takeaway.

Ok, thanks for the info, much obliged.

On 8/15/2021 at 6:25 PM, thailand49 said:

It was never promised from what I read when it comes to the Pfizer majority of it whatever is left after the government leaders VIP get their shot it was to go to all the front line workers that would start with those in Bangkok I think there was a article yesterday that front line workers in other provinces would be getting it in the next few days whether there will be any left for expats is unknown. It has also been reported that U.S. donated another 2 million doses Pfizer to arrived in a few months?  Then you got another story the Thai government has procured another 30 million doses Pfizer beginning of the year hope that story isn't more smoke?  Meantime I wonder what is going on with the Moderna?

Hey everyone about Moderna I received an e-mail from Med-Park Hospital 2 days ago alerting me to there 2 round of registrations for the Moderna Vaccine for the 1st and 2nd quarters of 2022  for 3300 baht payable now. I had just received a free vaccine at Med-Park Hospital 2 days earlier. I am of of the so called lucky ones. When i left i really felt like Superman almost strange feeling. Who can afford to wait till next year and pay up front? I believe there registration is open till Aug. 24 not sure though. Stay Safe Everyone much love to you all.

13 minutes ago, Robbie63 said:

Who can afford to wait till next year and pay up front?

Under 60 YO, without one or more of the underlying conditions?

13 minutes ago, Robbie63 said:

I had just received a free vaccine

And which vaccine was that?

Many hospital groups are organizing a second Moderna order, including MedPark.

https://www.medparkhospital.com/page/moderna-vaccine-booking/

Edited by mtls2005

On 8/16/2021 at 3:25 PM, burner2014 said:

So, you are under 60 right?

I am under 60 with no underlying conditions (maybe approaching 100kg after all the booze during lockdown! lol)

Did you get a certificate from a hospital? What did it say?

RAZZ

2 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

So, you are under 60 right?

I am under 60 with no underlying conditions (maybe approaching 100kg after all the booze during lockdown! lol)

Did you get a certificate from a hospital? What did it say?

RAZZ

yep you need to get a certificate from a hospital with 1 of the underlying conditions when you under 60

• Like 1