Fast food and blue moons

Kanada

44 minutes ago, bbko said:

I'm good visiting KFC once every few months. 

A while back my wife and I were visiting her parents up in Bueng Kan when they just opened up a Tesco supermarket shopping center with a KFC inside, her parents being solid Issan country folks visited the KFC and called it "hi-so", 555.

I would also take my last gf and her kids to the KFC in Sa Kaeo and we were living high on the hog.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 5:46 PM, KannikaP said:

The frozen Wagyu Burgers from Makro are worth a go. Especially on a home-made ciabotta roll, with mayonnaise and garlic Tabasco. Mmmmmmmmm

The burgers you buy at the bakers section at Makros are brilliant, best I have taisted yet, I always stock up on them whenever I go there.

• Like 1

wouldn't thank you for fast food Why would anyone eat this cr.p..i tried it worldwide when there was noting else that was bad but the rubbish they sell here .....stick to local Thai food or if you are craving European  get your apron on ha

4 hours ago, bbko said:

I'm good visiting KFC once every few months. 

A while back my wife and I were visiting her parents up in Bueng Kan when they just opened up a Tesco supermarket shopping center with a KFC inside, her parents being solid Issan country folks visited the KFC and called it "hi-so", 555.

Hi-So Chickeni!

Make a great new franchise name!

Try their boneless spicy  hot wings some time…actually really good!

my wife is Thai and doesn’t eat Western food much at all…maybe some French fries but she’ll eat KFC!

How many of those skinny Thai chickens would it take to fill a “family bucket”?!

3 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I would also take my last gf and her kids to the KFC in Sa Kaeo and we were living high on the hog.

It was a nice treat to go out for Thai food when I lived in Canada????

Burgerking (Woppa) over Maccy Ds but KFC every so ften for me...

Original Chicken, fries and Gravy with NO mash potatoe (being UK prefer just Gravy on its own to dip my chips in)

First time I went to OZ I nearly had a fit when I dunked a chip to find a big splodge of Mash in me gravy W T F??? then USA then here in LOS, If in a new KFC takes a bit of time to try get just gravy lol.... Look at me like Im Nutz?

Can just get by with Lady Pies in Phuky, they good enough in LOS but I was brought up on Lancashire & Yorkshires finest Pies and Suasages 

• Haha 1

Just a mention for chicken lovers if you don’t already know….5 Star Chicken ???? is pretty great!

It’s not deep fried and has a great taste plus a whole chicken is 99 baht!

We have a small one in Samoeng that opens when it wants to but we still manage to buy a chicken or two a week…chicken sandwiches with mayo and onion etc. ???? 

ps: what is it with Thai bread…slices are paper thin or huge Texas style thick????

67FD0B98-94C1-494F-8589-68B46167DA6C.jpeg

Edited by Kanada

On 8/14/2021 at 5:49 PM, CharlieH said:

Tried those recently, shrunk alot in size, but were nice flavor ???? (99bt for 2)

I do enjoy a BurgerKing though when I get the chance.

When burger shrinks like that it can be fat cooking off or water has been added before they’re frozen to make weight 

Safeway Canada was doing that “way back when” with their burger…forced to stop ???? 

7 hours ago, Kanada said:

Just a mention for chicken lovers if you don’t already know….5 Star Chicken ???? is pretty great!

It’s not deep fried and has a great taste plus a whole chicken is 99 baht!

Yes, have this quite often as well.

On 8/16/2021 at 4:02 PM, Kanada said:

Oh there he is….the “why would anyone eat that <deleted>” police!!

we’ve been waiting right from the beginning and I have to say I thought one of you would post before now!!

yep thats me you have been waiting for old pal..living in france 30 years eating the best food in the world only to be criticized by a mcDonald eating uneducated as far as cuisine..bet your idea of good food only comes in a cardboard box ..as we say here Up to you..Up to you  ..well enough said have a very good day sir 

I'm still in pretty good nick, thanks to exercise and good diet. But, once in a very long while I get a hankering for one of those "Zinger Burger" abominations from KFC.

Thirty minutes after devouring it, I get sensations of guilt, low self-esteem, and a feeling in my gut like I am trying to digest a broken bottle.. ????

1 hour ago, Harveyboy said:

yep thats me you have been waiting for old pal..living in france 30 years eating the best food in the world only to be criticized by a mcDonald eating uneducated as far as cuisine..bet your idea of good food only comes in a cardboard box ..as we say here Up to you..Up to you  ..well enough said have a very good day sir 

No grew up on a large Canadian farm with a veterinarian father and an English Mother that was a great cook! We ate fresh food everyday!

Spent a good part of my life in the gym until 60 years old and pretty careful with portions and quality of the food I ate! Sorry but not uneducated either!

I was just pointing out that even tho’ the question wasn’t “whether” but “which one” there’s always someone who wants us all to know how they wouldn’t lower themselves to eat that or wear that or do that in an effort to show everyone  how superior and wonderfully perfect they are at living their life!

Your post above confirms our thoughts.

I believe most here are speaking about where they might go when the craving for something comes on them “once in a blue moon” as per my original post!

**You can be quite certain it isn’t France????

Edited by Kanada
  • Like 2

On 8/16/2021 at 4:02 PM, Kanada said:

Oh there he is….the “why would anyone eat that <deleted>” police!!

we’ve been waiting right from the beginning and I have to say I thought one of you would post before now!!

I'm waiting for the poster who responds with "Last time I ate at McDonalds it made me sick." or "It gave me the 'poo-poo-plops'."

????

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 4:11 PM, vandeventer said:

I like the pizza place good pizza and sexy girls what more would you want?

Do the sexy girls deliver the pizzas by any chance? I'm presently writing a script for a movie and they'd be ideal for some parts. If they can repair washing machines too that would be even better.

????

8 hours ago, bobandyson said:

I'm waiting for the poster who responds with "Last time I ate at McDonalds it made me sick." or "It gave me the 'poo-poo-plops'."

????

It’s early yet…he’ll be along ????

• Haha 1

Pleading guilty of liking fast food, but fortunately they are all 3 hours drive from me so it's a rare occasion.

Before Covid we used to go every month to Kanchanaburi city to shop at Makro BigC etc and made it a bit of a break with one or two nights in a hotel.

So breakfast was a Big Mac meal. When we finished Makro we'd go to BigC which had a KFC so that was my lunch, while the wife had 2 or 3 dishes from the food hall. Zinger was my favourite. Dessert was a Dairy Queen strawberry sundae.

When we were finished the shopping and heading home, I often picked up a takeaway bucket (or 2) of spicy chicken for freezing at home. It freezes quite well.

I miss those trips, not been to Kan for at least 6 months and am already looking forward to my fast food feast.

By the way I do eat healthy 99% of the time on my keto lifestyle, but it's a great treat to eat whatever you want once in a blue moon.

Edited by Saltire
  • Like 2