Fast food and blue moons

Kanada

24 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Rumor has it that when Neil Armstrong first stepped onto the moon he was shocked to discover that McDonald's were already there...!

McDonalds

According to data reported by Business Insider, the average customer frequenting the chain is a white female, between the ages of 41 and 56 whose average household income is over $80,000. She's married and likely lives in the suburbs in the southeastern part of the country.

**Its funny I’ve never been a big fan but if I’m leaving the City on my way home I’ll often make a quick stop at McDonalds…I like their ???? fries but just enough to get me by!

Edited by Kanada

36 minutes ago, tonray said:

Subway....only fast food I've ever eaten overseas

I just read Subway is in serious financial trouble again…don’t know if that’s N America or if it effects their stores world wide!?

No burgers of any description near me. Nearest is McD over 2hrs drive away, so yes,when I travel and opportunity presents itself I do enjoy a burger and fries from Burgerking or McD as a very much "once a year" or more type thing, especially now with Covid travel restrictions and closures.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Kanada said:

I just read Subway is in serious financial trouble again…don’t know if that’s N America or if it effects their stores world wide!?

Yeah...they have been in trouble for years I think. They just revamped everything (menu) in USA stores...don't know when that will hit in Thailand, if ever. 

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

The frozen Wagyu Burgers from Makro are worth a go.

Tried those recently, shrunk alot in size, but were nice flavor ???? (99bt for 2)

I do enjoy a BurgerKing though when I get the chance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

Tried those recently, shrunk alot in size, but were nice flavor ???? (99bt for 2)

I do enjoy a BurgerKing though when I get the chznce.

Defrost, then cook slowly on a griddle. Stay almost the same size.

• Thanks 1

The next "seasonal blue moon" is on 22 August 2021.

The next "calendar blue moon", also known as "monthly blue moon*, is on 30 August 2023.

https://www.fullmoonology.com/next-blue-moon/#:~:text=When is the next blue moon%3F,previously referred to at Greenwich Mean Time

My favourite fast food is Boat Noodles. Hopefully, travel to and within Thailand and unfettered access to restaurants will be possible without restrictions by August 2023.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tonray said:

Yeah...they have been in trouble for years I think. They just revamped everything (menu) in USA stores...don't know when that will hit in Thailand, if ever. 

hope it wasnt the Tuna!   555...hence the big uproar that its not tuna...I also suspect the recent "refresh" is due to turkey based meats--aka ham being turkey ham($)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

I've been hitting McDonalds at the steady pace of about once every three years. No doubt someone will come on here with a warning that it will soon kill me.

No warning yet but we’re all waiting…there’s always someone????

McDonalds: the kids like the chicken nuggets and I like their "new" classic Angus signature burger. I can imagine that is the size and taste the burgers had when McDonalds started in 1955 before they began their ever lasting quest to decrease the size of their burgers.

Pie Face are an Aussie pie chain making beef pies as well as chicken and vege. But unlike Maccas and Burger King that basically use their same recipe and ingredients worldwide with some local menu exceptions, Pie Face are a total let-down in Thailand. 

A sugar laced pastry over a beef or chicken pie was a total turn-off. Absolutely horrible, and with balls of fat in their beef mix. Nothing like their Aussie recipe. I know Thais love sugar and sweet foods in general, but in a savoury pie? 

I wrote on their Thai FB and expressed my displeasure at their offerings, and asked why they have changed the recipe? No reply back. I would have been a regular customer if their pies were decent. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, owenm said:

Pie Face are an Aussie pie chain making beef pies as well as chicken and vege. But unlike Maccas and Burger King that basically use their same recipe and ingredients worldwide with some local menu exceptions, Pie Face are a total let-down in Thailand. 

A sugar laced pastry over a beef or chicken pie was a total turn-off. Absolutely horrible, and with balls of fat in their beef mix. Nothing like their Aussie recipe. I know Thais love sugar and sweet foods in general, but in a savoury pie? 

I wrote on their Thai FB and expressed my displeasure at their offerings, and asked why they have changed the recipe? No reply back. I would have been a regular customer if their pies were decent. 

Sure looks good????

8D7A31C4-89FF-42D7-9142-9182131FB9FA.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 9:36 AM, ColeBOzbourne said:

I've been hitting McDonalds at the steady pace of about once every three years. No doubt someone will come on here with a warning that it will soon kill me.

At a paste of once every 3 years you got some time left. lol

• Thanks 1

On 8/14/2021 at 5:32 PM, Kanada said:

There used to be a Subway near the Beach Road entry to Walking Street. When I saw that shut down, my grip on reality was shattered.

• Like 2