Do you object to being asked if you’ve been vaccinated?

Chomper Higgot

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

He's a Cardinal in the church and has lots of followers.  Here's the kind of cr*p he told them:

"The cardinal also repeated a conspiracy theory that falsely claims vaccines could used to implant microchips. "There is a certain movement to insist that now everyone must be vaccinated against the coronavirus COVID-19, and even that a kind of microchip needs to be placed under the skin of every person, so that at any moment, he or she can be controlled regarding health and regarding other matters, which we can only imagine as a possible object of control by the state," he said."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/raymond-leo-cardinal-burke-catholic-ventilator-covid-19-misinformation/

You want to dignify that as a disagreement?

No, I'm with you, he needs to die!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, ArcticFox said:

90 years ago Aldous Huxley hit the nail squarely on the head.  The only slight miss in the prediction of a future dystopian world was that he missed the "pharmacological method of making people love their servitude" which even he believed would be a form of "soma."  Instead that "pharmacological method" is a vaccine that does not provide full immunity but only limited, non-lasting efficacy which will require boosters possibly forever.
And people love it!

They love their masks, they love their shots, they love their vaccine passports and they love to despise all who fail to follow the will of the collective.

"My friend.  Are you one of the vaccinated?  Are you - one of us?  Can you prove it?"

Do you people who think like this actually understand where this polarization leads?  The answer can be found in both dystopian fiction as well as in history books.  Tread very carefully friends.

“There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods. And this seems to be the final revolution”

Melodramatic twaddle, not Huxley, your analogy.

The vax doesn't provide euphoria like soma.

I believe soma was used habitually and frequently.

Better comparisons to soma:

Alcoholic beverages.

Weed.

Other drugs.

TV; as The Mothers of Invention said "Do your job and do it right, life's a ball, TV tonight."

Social media.

Shopping on credit over the internet.

Just about any electronic media.

Any of these would be a more accurate analog to soma.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Go on drinking ????

Oh, it’s not the alcohol talking, I can assure you… Do you personally know any famous people? You seem like the type who would love to tell everyone about it in order to compensate for one insecurity or another.

You’re a real name-dropper. Are you hanging with the Kennedy’s in your Hymer? ????????????

Edited by DBath

On 8/17/2021 at 1:24 PM, ifmu said:

i am serious about my health  i do not want to be around any un vaccinated person .. i am half vac  soon full

I’m also very serious about my health and I do not want to be around you. ????

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, DBath said:

Oh, it’s not the alcohol talking, I can assure you… Do you personally know any famous people? You seem like the type who would love to tell everyone about it in order to compensate for one insecurity or another.

You’re a real name-dropper. Are you hanging with the Kennedy’s in your Hymer? ????????????

Don't know what a Hymer is but sure seems like a lot of folks are envious of a guy that has one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SheungWan said:

I always ask my Fox News Fan friends so they can do their agitated dance and away with the fairies routine for my entertainment. 

Fox, CNN, are kind of the same, but they’re just at opposite ends of the extremism spectrum. 

My question to you is: what have you done lately to bridge the division between the whacko liberals and the so-called “Trumpers” that continues to divide the country? Or are you here To promote it and show your revelry in the situation?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

Don't know what a Hymer is but sure seems like a lot of folks are envious of a guy that has one.

Re-read my posts and tell me again if you comprehend envy. 

It’s funny, because I don’t go around telling people I drive a nice big BMW 7-Series. I also know a few famous people personally, but I don’t go drooping their names in casual conversation with a bunch strangers. 

48 minutes ago, DBath said:

Fox, CNN, are kind of the same, but they’re just at opposite ends of the extremism spectrum. 

My question to you is: what have you done lately to bridge the division between the whacko liberals and the so-called “Trumpers” that continues to divide the country? Or are you here To promote it and show your revelry in the situation?

He was making it up. he has no friends that watch Fox and/or supported Trump.

Edited by Yellowtail
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, DBath said:

Re-read my posts and tell me again if you comprehend envy. 

It’s funny, because I don’t go around telling people I drive a nice big BMW 7-Series. I also know a few famous people personally, but I don’t go drooping their names in casual conversation with a bunch strangers. 

Bragging? You just did. Sad really.

Re-read you posts? Give me a break.

You are not the only one that showed their envy over the Hymer whatever a Hymer is.

So get over yourself, as i said " sure seems like a lot of folks are envious of a guy that has one."

7 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

Bragging? You just did. Sad really.

Re-read you posts? Give me a break.

You are not the only one that showed their envy over the Hymer whatever a Hymer is.

So get over yourself, as i said " sure seems like a lot of folks are envious of a guy that has one."

I got over myself a long, long time ago, but fortunately I was able to keep my sense of humor and blatant sarcasm. You on the other hand, Mr. Cusader for the high and mighty (who drive Hymers), I'm not so sure about...

BTW and FYI, a Hymer is a hi-tech state of the art camping van. Here is an interesting article about them going out of business:

https://www.scenicpathways.com/update-hymer-roadtrek-layoff/

????????

On 8/17/2021 at 6:58 PM, CM Dad said:

I have no problem answering and would always answer truthfully.  Sadly, as of today my answer is no, I'm registered on three websites, but still waiting.

6 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

No, I'm with you, he needs to die!

No one said he deserves to die or need to die. But he does deserve to come down with covid. And that loon's bout with the disease might convince some of his deluded followers to get vaccinated themselves.

"During a homily last December, Cardinal Raymond L. Burke criticized his fellow members of the church for not believing that Jesus Christ would protect them from the coronavirus pandemic. The 73-year-old conservative cardinal was an early critic of social distancing and, later, an unabashed skeptic of the vaccine."

• Like 1

I wonder how many of the people that claim they don't mind bein asked have actually been asked? 

A better question would be who supports mandates that compel people be vaccinated? Surly everyone on the lest does, but about non-leftists?  

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Is this your idea of a refutation? Where does it say Burke deserves to die?

I said he deserved to die, please try to follow along.

You only said he deserved to get sick and be on a ventilator which means he will likely die, yes? 

Edited by Yellowtail
sp

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

A better question would be who supports mandates that compel people be vaccinated? Surly everyone on the lest does, but about non-leftists?  

Well, here's the result of a U.S. poll. It was taken before Delta's full ravages were felt.

"The COVID States Project, a polling consortium out of Northeastern, Harvard, Rutgers and Northwestern universities, found in a June/July poll that 64 percent of Americans approved of the government requiring everyone to get a COVID-19 vaccine. All but three states (North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming) had a majority in favor of mandatory vaccines."

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/americans-are-in-favor-of-vaccine-mandates-but-support-is-driven-mainly-by-those-who-have-already-gotten-the-jab/

10 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I said he deserved to die, please try to follow along.

You only said he deserved to get sick and be on a ventilator which means he will likely die, yes? 

No.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/more-covid-19-patients-are-surviving-ventilators-in-the-icu/2020/07/03/2e3c3534-bbca-11ea-8cf5-9c1b8d7f84c6_story.html

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well, here's the result of a U.S. poll. It was taken before Delta's full ravages were felt.

"The COVID States Project, a polling consortium out of Northeastern, Harvard, Rutgers and Northwestern universities, found in a June/July poll that 64 percent of Americans approved of the government requiring everyone to get a COVID-19 vaccine. All but three states (North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming) had a majority in favor of mandatory vaccines."

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/americans-are-in-favor-of-vaccine-mandates-but-support-is-driven-mainly-by-those-who-have-already-gotten-the-jab/

Even if I had any faith in that poll, given how poor Trump's vaccines have been performing I assume those numbers have slipped.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Okay, how about:

You only said he deserved to get sick and be on a ventilator which means he has a 36% chance of dying, yes? 

Is that better? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Yellowtail said:

Even if I had any faith in that poll, given how poor Trump's vaccines have been performing I assume those numbers have slipped.

Which is why there's been a surge in vaccinations in resistant areas? 

U.S. Covid vaccination rates rise as Americans in hard-hit states rush to get shots amid delta fears

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/us-covid-vaccine-rates-delta-variant.html

You have a truly bizarre idea of what poor performance is. 99% of those who die are unvaccinated as are the vast majority of those who've been hospitalized.

If there were a vaccine that prevented cancer with similar statistics would you claim that it performed poorly, too? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Okay, how about:

You only said he deserved to get sick and be on a ventilator which means he has a 36% chance of dying, yes? 

Is that better? 

Well, for a change you're at least acknowledging reality.. So yes, that is better.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Which is why there's been a surge in vaccinations in resistant areas? 

U.S. Covid vaccination rates rise as Americans in hard-hit states rush to get shots amid delta fears

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/us-covid-vaccine-rates-delta-variant.html

You have a truly bizarre idea of what poor performance is. 99% of those who die are unvaccinated as are the vast majority of those who've been hospitalized.

If there were a vaccine that prevented cancer with similar statistics would you claim that it performed poorly, too? 

You have a truly bizarre idea of what constitutes supporting government mandates.  Just because more people are getting vaccinated does not mean more people support the government mandating people be vaccinated. I got my first shot Tuesday and I'm still against the government compelling people be vaccinated. 

If the Trump vaccines are so effective, what does everyone still have to wear masks and social distance? 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

You have a truly bizarre idea of what constitutes supporting government mandates.  Just because more people are getting vaccinated does not mean more people support the government mandating people be vaccinated. I got my first shot Tuesday and I'm still against the government compelling people be vaccinated. 

If the Trump vaccines are so effective, what does everyone still have to wear masks and social distance? 

Because far from everyone has been vaccinated. 

And what don't you understand about the fact that 99% of covid deaths are of the unvaccinated?

You're the one who claimed that support for mandatory vaccinations should be going down. Maybe you think there's a negative correlation between that and the surge in vaccinations. That doesn't seem a very sensible claim.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

Just now, placeholder said:

Because far from everyone has been vaccinated. 

And what don't you understand about the fact that 99% of covid deaths are of the unvaccinated?

Well are the people refusing to get vaccinated not just getting what they deserve? 

You claimed the cardinal that was against the vaccinations was just getting what he deserved when he got covid and went on a ventilator, why not these people?

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Well are the people refusing to get vaccinated not just getting what they deserve? 

You claimed the cardinal that was against the vaccinations was just getting what he deserved when he got covid and went on a ventilator, why not these people?

The Cardinal deserves it because he was in a position of authority and commanded the allegiance of a large number of Catholics. And he used that position and the respect it commands to actively campaign against vaccination and support absurd theories.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1