Central Festival Parking...Different class groups.

This type of parking has always been there... 

Emporium and Emquartier have the Platinum parking... 

Its all pretty much moot when its so incredibly easy to just rock up and valet park !!

Annoys the s#it out of me when I see a fancy car in the Parent & Child or Disabled bays - of course there is no way to be sure... but, TiT !!! 

I even see the security guards moving the barriers for Youngsters in a fancy car - its a sad state of affairs really, social media is helping, but not enough at the moment.... 

..... Faux-outrage is so common these days no one is outraged by it !

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

I understand the vip parking in malls as they are the ones who will spend more money. Money will mean nothing to most of them. On the other hand you have many other thai's who spend a modest amount or just stay there all day for the free aircon. 

A new families section I guess must have larger spaces helping others not get their cars scratched by doors being swung open. 

We can assume that the majority of cars are being owned by Khon Thai. 

Hence this pecking order in car parks, be it shopping centres for the eliterian oligarchs, supermarkets or even private hospitals ...... it becomes evident, that Thailand has a deeply grown-in cast understanding of holier-than-the-holy, the semi-divine, the wannabe-VIPS and then the average Joes ... like me. 

It is about attitude, in some cases grossly ignored (see parking for handicapped visitors blocked by unpaid Ferraris, Lambos etc.), in other cases clear evidence of outright ignorant inability to park a car straight into the lot - forward or backward. 

And then some are surprised about the denomination of "alien" and "dirty farang" ......... ?

Yes those VIPs 

I rented an ocean view room in a small property that was owned by a well known hotel owner (by a friend connection) who claimed that he is a cool guy who has travelled to US and many other European countries. 
Later I found out that I was paying for all common area lighting (chandeliers, 12 bulbs each) as well as my room. All connected to my meter. 

Edited by The Theory
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I think most expats are happy to park anywhere but Thailand is not only the Land of smiles it’s the land of class, so a wealthy Thai doesn’t want to park his car next to a cheap car, my goodness  then he/she might have to walk to the over 50 feet to the Mall entrance and close to a “ normal” person???? What makes “ normal” Thai people so great is that they are normal and not caught up in their own self importance????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Uroller said:

...a wealthy Thai doesn’t want to park his car next to a cheap car, my goodness  then he/she might have to walk to the over 50 feet to the Mall entrance and close to a “ normal” person????...

Isn't that why people wish to be wealthy, i.e. having some benefits...????

11 minutes ago, johng said:

They do the same thing here in Pattaya   a whole floor for "Lady Parking"

a whole floor for "Hilton Hotel" parking    and now recently a whole floor for "VIP" parking   so thats 50%   unavailable to "normal persons" before you even start  ????

Not many wish to just be a "normal person", so there might only be 50 percent of them, or even less, so the number of parking lots for "normal persons" might fit quite well - don't forget that lady-drivers already have their own parking floor...????

1 minute ago, khunPer said:

Not many wish to just be a "normal person",

I think I'd rather be a "normal" healthy person  than a wealthy one without health...there is also the  spectre of being kidnapped for ransom or  assassinated being wealthy   whereas a "normal" person has much less risk of that :burp:

• Like 2