Robinsons ban chang .

chrisandsu

13 minutes ago, stratocaster said:

If Robinsons has a Tops supermarket, hopefully this will mean the demise of Tesco Lotus supermarket.

I doubt it, Tesco is still more convenient for many. Yes, Tops has more foreigner type products but for general food I'll still be going to Makro Sattahip.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I doubt it, Tesco is still more convenient for many. Yes, Tops has more foreigner type products but for general food I'll still be going to Makro Sattahip.

My take on Tops is it is a upscale market. Not meant for the mass market. Where the Lotus's chain of large to small stores fits the general Thai clientele. When is the last time you have seen a Tops  out in the local area of Thai cities and towns?

On 3/3/2022 at 6:23 PM, longball53098 said:

My take on Tops is it is a upscale market. Not meant for the mass market. Where the Lotus's chain of large to small stores fits the general Thai clientele. When is the last time you have seen a Tops  out in the local area of Thai cities and towns?

Tops is in a Robinson Mall in Sakon Nakhon, so it happens. 

16 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Tops is in a Robinson Mall in Sakon Nakhon, so it happens. 

There are Tops in 3 malls that I know of. Possible there is some link between these malls and Tops. I know the Central  Mall in Rayong has a nice Tops store and one in the mall in Silom Bangkok. So, my uneducated guess is that Tops has a deal with these mall developers or some business relationship. Whatever the case the new mall in Ban Chang will have a Tops and good for all of us as now we have a decent store in our area. Be nice if Foodland would put in a store

• Like 1