Vaccine latest: AZ total will be 61 million, more Pfizer available in fourth quarter, Moderna end of year

webfact

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So between AZ and Sinovac they have jabbed 28.1 million doses into arms, of course some of those are double vaxxed.  Does this Jive would the daily numbers.  Guess I need to see the numbers completed since March, and not just since the rollout in June.

Google "thailand vaccination rate" - a grand total of 7.2% of Thais are vaccinated fully (if you count 2 shots of Sinovac as vaccinated).  Thats just below Zimbabwe, Comoros and Estatini but above Nicaragua.  Winning!

• Like 1

It may be more useful if they made no more "promise press statements" put the mouth on hold & 

activate the brain with the energy saved.

I would like to see the Government issue a weekly statement by province that have been ACTUALLY jabbed, if possible stating 1st or 2nd dose & cumulative .That cannot be that hard

I am sick of hearing how much is coming, as if you believed all that you read all Thais would have been vaccinated already along with Farang who will accept AZ

2 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Google "thailand vaccination rate" - a grand total of 7.2% of Thais are vaccinated fully (if you count 2 shots of Sinovac as vaccinated).  Thats just below Zimbabwe, Comoros and Estatini but above Nicaragua.  Winning!

does this mean the 'opening in 120 days' plan is still on course? what is the % vaccinated threshold before opening up the country can begin?

5 hours ago, webfact said:

They said that Astra Zeneca vaccine will be distributed to the tune of 5 million doses a month until 61 million doses was completed. So far it's been 14.7 million, they claimed.

A legacy of failure.

Can keep waffling on about numbers all they want but all I know is I’m in samui still waiting for a first jab and know plenty of others waiting also . Despite figures released saying 98% of island having had their first jab ????

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Pravda said:

My wife paid for moderna in October. So this is not the case anymore?

You made the choice, I didn't pay up front for a non-existent Moderna,

I bided my time and I got AZ last week, free, next one in October.

You'll be lucky to get yours this year, but they got your money.

• Haha 2

Not sure how they are going to convince all these wealthy expats to move here when anybody under 60 who is healthy has no chance of getting the vaccine until next year.

This Government is delinquent in that it has not allowed to date the import of vaccines by the private hospitals. Many expats are ready and willing to pay for their shots. One can only conclude that this government wants to make as much money out of its people before letting any expat pay somebody else for it.

My Filipina wife was unable to get vaccinated when I got my shot 4 weeks ago (being over 75), the supervisor stating that there were only enough shots for the Thais. This whilst SinoPharm is exporting Astra Zenica to other Asian countries.  Ironic that Thais in the Philippines are receiving free vaccination without any barriers.

Shameful!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

A lot of numbers are flying in the air right now but at least foreigners in this country have not been forgotten and at last many of them have been vaccinated and many will be soon and thanks to whom who have brought this about when we all thoughts that we foreigners don't matter to the Thai people...

Yesterday a friend of mine went to the hospital where I live and got her second shot of the AZ vaccine. When she was there she asked the people in charge about me, They said as long as I was over 60 just bring yourself and your passport in and I can get my first shot, Sounds dead easy to me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Yesterday a friend of mine went to the hospital where I live and got her second shot of the AZ vaccine. When she was there she asked the people in charge about me, They said as long as I was over 60 just bring yourself and your passport in and I can get my first shot, Sounds dead easy to me.

And where was that? Anywhere near Surin for instance?

Maybe some progress from expatvac. I registered on Aug 2nd and finally received this email from them today. Not the reply I expected and unable to reply to them. So no way to fix the problem due to not being able to work out how to attach the Visa and Passport in 1 box.

Seems they are trying to eliminate foreigners due to a Form they designed which was not clear how to attach 2 photos into 1 box. TIT 

COVID-19 vaccination for foreign residents

Inbox

profile_mask2.png

[email protected] via mail.go.th 

13:56 (1 hour ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

This is an auto-generated email. Please do not reply.

After reviewing your registration, it can not be further processed due to lack of required visas.

Please note that this registration platform is ONLY for foreign residents in Thailand and are not Thai nationality.

If you are a migrant worker or work under MoU with the Ministry of Labour, please wait for further information from the Ministry of Labour.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand
This is an automated message, please do not reply.

6 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Still the same. I have paid for Moderna also. When I paid I expected to get jab early next year taking into account delivery due in Oct and queues. Now. with this delivery due 'end of year', I expect to get next year maybe by April-June? The hospital (THG) is holding onto my cash. Meanwhile the govt is since giving away Pfizers mRNA for free to those eligible. Who says they don't have a grip of things?

I'm on the same page as you! But a recent conversation with the private in Udon told me she still expects the M to possibly arrive in Oct. She went on to say that I'm on the first scheme . The second scheme is do to arrive first quarter of next year !

I'll call next month for a status update!

I have  paid a refundable deposit for my family and we are #16 on the  list.

I must admit seeing all of the news about Pfizer distributions in Thailand has made me very anxious ! There is very little news about M.

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, vukovar77 said:

I received the vaccine today-PHIZER -first dose  in Sriracha .It was fast and professional. I am extremely pleased with the service and it was free ! Second dose is 07.09.!

How about the lines , was it congested  at  that location ?

I received a note from America Citizens Abroad that indicates that some congress people are pressuring the State Department to procure vaccines and send to overseas missions for American citizens.  Of course this is sorta like local possible vaccines availble as the US legislators have not real power but sure like to mouth off like they do.

• Like 1

Allways what they are going to do, not what they done, and it's allways, going to do somthing, at a later date, I've seen loads of reports, this year, that they must think will make the Thai population, say, oh great, happy happy, but it's all been, words n no action. Don't talk about it, DO IT. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, keith101 said:

I have registered on the Governments online site to get the vaccine but living up country  (Uttaradit) its unlikely i will get an appointment any time soon and hopefully all of the rubbish Sinovac will be gone by then , hoping anyway .

Same same

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

A lot of numbers are flying in the air right now but at least foreigners in this country have not been forgotten and at last many of them have been vaccinated and many will be soon and thanks to whom who have brought this about when we all thoughts that we foreigners don't matter to the Thai people...

Haven't seen anything although already three times registered. What part of thai heaven do you live?