Options for Marriage Visa Expiry and Renewal or Transition

Hi,

I am keeping all options open here and was wondering if:

1. there was an extension of some sort that i could get on my marriage visa when it runs out?
  2. If i could make a smooth transition into an education visa?
  3. Do i have to leave the country once expired with no option?

Thank you

1. You could apply for or a extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry form you non-o visa.

2. You might be able to apply for a extension of stay based upon attending school. You cannot changed the type of visa you used to enter the country without leaving the country.

3. You could a apply for a 60 day extension of stay to visit you wife or a 60 day covid 19 extension.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

1. You could apply for or a extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry form you non-o visa.

2. You might be able to apply for a extension of stay based upon attending school. You cannot changed the type of visa you used to enter the country without leaving the country.

3. You could a apply for a 60 day extension of stay to visit you wife or a 60 day covid 19 extension.

1. I am currently on a marriage visa. So if i apply for the extension of stay for another marriage visa, i can do this on the last 30 days of my current visa? and the 400k that need to be in the bank for 2 months, that just needs to be in there from the moment i apply?

2. So if i wanted to change to an education visa, i would need to leave the country?

3. these 2 options are confirmed? 

6 minutes ago, Steps said:

1. I am currently on a marriage visa. So if i apply for the extension of stay for another marriage visa, i can do this on the last 30 days of my current visa? and the 400k that need to be in the bank for 2 months, that just needs to be in there from the moment i apply?

2. So if i wanted to change to an education visa, i would need to leave the country?

3. these 2 options are confirmed? 

1. Are you on 90 day entry from a non-o visa or a extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage.

The 400k baht has to be in the bank on the day you apply for a one year extension of stay.

2. No

If on a extension of stay or a non-o visa entry with the assistance of a school you could possibility apply for a extension based upon attending school.

3. They are both possible. If you need more time to apply for long stay extension of stay.

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

1. Are you on 90 day entry from a non-o visa or a extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage.

The 400k baht has to be in the bank on the day you apply for a one year extension of stay.

2. No

If on a extension of stay or a non-o visa entry with the assistance of a school you could possibility apply for a extension based upon attending school.

3. They are both possible. If you need more time to apply for long stay extension of stay.

Hi Joe,

I think i am on my last 90 day report for the 1 year non "o" (due to marriage, if this is how you describe it).

Can i file for extension at any immigration? I may move to another province. Sorry for all the questions. Thank you

11 minutes ago, Steps said:

Hi Joe,

I think i am on my last 90 day report for the 1 year non "o" (due to marriage, if this is how you describe it).

You are on a 1 year extension of stay based upon marriage. It is not a visa of any kind. Your 90 report due date means nothing in relation to the day you apply for the new extension. You can apply for a new extension up to 30 days before it ends.

11 minutes ago, Steps said:

Can i file for extension at any immigration? I may move to another province. Sorry for all the questions. Thank you

You can apply for the extension at different office after you change your address at that office.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You are on a 1 year extension of stay based upon marriage. It is not a visa of any kind. Your 90 report due date means nothing in relation to the day you apply for the new extension. You can apply for a new extension up to 30 days before it ends.

You can apply for the extension at different office after you change your address at that office.

Sorry again but just for me to be clear...... so i could apply 1 week before my extension of stay is about to end?

Edited by Steps