Tinted windows, I know nothing, please help

Keith5588

22 hours ago, HampiK said:

This logo normaly can be removed with some alcohol. Actually on every new car the film hat this prints on. I told the dealer to remove the name and logos of the film. No problem at all... even 1 times they forget 2 to remove 2 prints... told them and about 5 minutes later they were removed.

I never noticed.  But looked today.

And there they were, little logos imbedded in the tinting..

Silly thing to do.

As we get older our eyes do the same, get older. Some folk have no problems at night, but most do. 

The front screen has UV block, I would just have it above your line of site on the screen.

I made a mistake with tint on my truck, looked nice but at night, trying to spot bikes with no lights was a problem, had to open the window a tad just to be sure.

On 8/19/2021 at 4:29 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Window tint is not "dangerous", it depends on the darkness of the tint that the individual chooses.

Window tint in Thailand is not illegal, regardless of the percentage tint.

Wonder why they drive like tortoises at night then, no tint  in front for me at  all and the lowest available for the sides 20%

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Tinted windows on my Vios were given free without my consent.  I was away in UK at delivery time, so wife agreed.  I have hated it from the start, but do not see any way of removing tints.  I would never haver tinted windows again.

My tints do not appear to help keeping the car cool in the sun.

If you have tinted windows, then you could be stuck with them for ever.  probably you could have them tinted after buying if you simply cannot bear the sun..

NB.  I never wer sunglasses either.  I want to see.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Robin said:

Tinted windows on my Vios were given free without my consent.  I was away in UK at delivery time, so wife agreed.  I have hated it from the start, but do not see any way of removing tints.  I would never haver tinted windows again.

My tints do not appear to help keeping the car cool in the sun.

If you have tinted windows, then you could be stuck with them for ever.  probably you could have them tinted after buying if you simply cannot bear the sun..

NB.  I never wer sunglasses either.  I want to see.

You can get it removed..

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Robin said:

I have hated it from the start, but do not see any way of removing tints. 

Find the corner of the film, at the top. Peel back. Once you have a piece peeled off, a shot of glass cleaner between the film and the glass will help.

Pull slowly and gently.

Viola - gone.

YouTube has many - go look

15 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Find the corner of the film, at the top. Peel back. Once you have a piece peeled off, a shot of glass cleaner between the film and the glass will help.

Pull slowly and gently.

Viola - gone.

Is a messy job and better left to those who do it regularly . Not cost much to have a pro do it . From someone who has done it and wish I never started it .

19 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Pull slowly and gently.

Viola - gone.

It may not be an issue now but was not good if your rear window had defroster coils like my 1985 Subaru - they came off with the film.  

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

It may not be an issue now but was not good if your rear window had defroster coils like my 1985 Subaru - they came off with the film.  

Heat gun would loosen the film without removing the defroster

9 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Heat gun would loosen the film without removing the defroster

It was removed by professionals in PI.  ????

Also had to install a catalectic converter when got it back to US from PI (no unleaded gas in the 80's and a new gas tank (they must have shipped without fuel as inside all rust).