Fake News! Army take action after claims their research institute brought Covid into Thailand

webfact

2pm.jpg

Picture: Channel 7

The Thai Army has strongly denied that their medical research center in Bangkok was responsible for Covid-19 entering Thailand.

The spurious claims were made on Thai social media.

The army said they were taking action against those responsible for the fake news, reported Channel 7 yesterday.

It concerns the Armed Forces Institute of Medical Sciences that is located on sprawling grounds opposite Ramathibodi Hospital in Bangkok. 

The army defended their institute saying that it was responsible for fine work in the battle against communicable diseases in Thailand and the region. In addition it had worked as a partner with the WHo in battling new diseases since 2005.

They said there are 400 excellently trained US and Thai personnel at the institute that is a modern facility.

They urged the public to check claims with them first. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

Ah, the old 'politically motivated' ploy.

Political opportunism, political motivation, political this, political that. What does it actually mean? That someone does or says something for political gain? Well, in my view, and don't hang me if you disagree. Politics and politicians have provided me with merriment and mirth for a long time, and rank alongside lawyers, used car sales people, estate agents. More lately, alongside bank think tanks when spouting about tourism, economists, analysts and countless others categories of occupations.