Expatvac Update (unofficial) Follow-up

PMEL

23 hours ago, Chris.B said:

You are the first expat outside of Bangkok I have heard being contacted by Expatvac then! ????

Today in the news though that our Health Minister said that they now expanding to provinces outside Bangkok. So guess next week is the "Province" vaccination week ???? 

If you look a bit retro perspective, we didn't had any patient here (including me) and it just came down to:

1) Medpark started as a "showcase" hospital 

2) One week later all Bangkok hospitals including some near Bangkok like Pattaya started and rolled out fast and a lot

3) One week later province vaccination starts

3 weeks is in my opinion okay if you count 1st August as registration date. We are still in a developing country.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ChiangmaiMax said:

Non  I was contacted by this monkeys as well with this message  '

After reviewing your registration, it can not be further processed due to lack of required visas.

Please note that this registration platform is ONLY for foreign residents in Thailand and are not Thai nationality.

If you are a migrant worker or work under MoU with the Ministry of Labour, please wait for further information from the Ministry of Labour.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

You are not alone, did you manage to up load 2 photos? as many could not, with lots of ideas and methods to do that by members on here, I still couldn't do it, I did in the end get both pages into one photo, by taking a screen shot of PC with both pics, and uploaded that. whether that will be accepted remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

How did they know about you and where you live, did they just turn up or had you contacted the hospital before.

I signed up on Expatvac; and, about 3 months ago the same people came around to sign up everyone in the housing area.  They had a round of vaccination (Sinopham) about 2 weeks ago; but, when I went there I was told sorry not your turn.  Truthfully, I have no idea if the notification is linked to Expatvac; however, there was another guy from Sisaket who said he was also notified the same day (notification was the same way).  In both cases they said Phizer would be used.  

I also live in Sisaket. I am 68. I registered on the 1st August on the expatvac site and got the rejection email on the 17th August which had no right of reply.

Not sure what to do now. Do I reapply using a different email?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

21 minutes ago, Getup said:

I also live in Sisaket. I am 68. I registered on the 1st August on the expatvac site and got the rejection email on the 17th August which had no right of reply.

Not sure what to do now. Do I reapply using a different email?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

This is the phone number of the nurse/lady that came to notify me 0944540683 in Sisaket. I live in Ban Lao (Phia Nam) just past the PTT station on the way out of town going to Uttamphon.  I am not sure what her affiliation is; but, I think having your wife call her directly may be your best bet.  

• Like 2

Thought for a minute I had a reply from expatvac/local hospital but, no, just an invite from the UK consulate email address to go to .... you guessed it, Bangkok for Astra Zenica.

May be of interest to some of you but I will continue to wait for a venue less than 7 hours away.

One more disappointment ????

gov.uk_logotype_crown.png GOV.UK

The British Embassy has been informed that British nationals over the age of 18 have the opportunity to receive an AstraZeneca covid-19 vaccination at Piyavate Hospital in Bangkok between 25 and 29 August. Second vaccination 12 weeks later.

Registration, on a first come first served basis, is through the following google docs form, https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe3h7dn4nVDNdNDD6ObyPYx6-H0mvE-nJ-RQjFigRrTNRUiqg/viewform?usp=sf_link. Registration closes on Sunday 22 August. Cost is THB 50. Numbers of vaccines are limited, so register now.

If you are unsuccessful, we advise you to continue to register with the Thai Ministry of Public health, https://expatvac.consular.go.th/. For further details see gov.uk, Thailand Travel Advice at https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand/coronavirus.

British Embassy
Bangkok

9 hours ago, fersken said:

I also registered through expatvac on August 2nd, got an email yesterday, with an appointment on Monday at Nong Khai hospital for the first shot of Pfizer vac.  ????????

Good for you mate. Looks like it is starting to work for some people. Good news.

Just received an sms message could be from expat.vac but no details.

"Please check email for Confirmation form for Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine on 23 August 2021 at phaholpolpayuhasena hospital. We apologize if you have responded to our email."

Have not received any email. Tried to email them back to confirm if it was from them. Bloody frustrating!!

10 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

"Please check email for Confirmation form for Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine on 23 August 2021 at phaholpolpayuhasena hospital. We apologize if you have responded to our email."

Have not received any email. Tried to email them back to confirm if it was from them. Bloody frustrating!!

Be safe asssume its them and go...

11 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

phaholpolpayuhasena hospital - is this the main provincial hospital in Kanchanaburi?

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

phaholpolpayuhasena hospital - is this the main provincial hospital in Kanchanaburi?

Yes it is in Kanchanaburi.

I had the wife call them but she got the usual response I have had everywhere in this province, Thai only. Assuming the switchboard girl was using the stock 'I don't know' answer I found their website and Facebook page, all in Thai.

I fired off an email (no reply as yet) and a messenger query, which was answered quickly and in English, recommending I register with expatvac, which I did August 1st.

So if you are in Kanchanaburi here is the current situation.

They have a list of 30 names from the MFA (of course my name is not on it).

They are receiving names in batches from the MFA and there are more to come in a second round.

They don't know when they wil get the second list.

So it's 2 steps forward 1 back for me, but if you are one of the 30 you should hear something soon.

I also think this is now likely to be happening in other lesser provinces, so let's say it is progress and stay optimistic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TravelerEastWest said:

Be safe asssume its them and go...

Trouble is no time on it and it came from the hospital not expat.vac, who states you have to confirm response to their email or lose the spot!! Still not got a response. Gonna visit the hospital today show them the message and try and confirm!!! ????????????????

Edited by DPKANKAN
Spelling
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Yes it is in Kanchanaburi.

I had the wife call them but she got the usual response I have had everywhere in this province, Thai only. Assuming the switchboard girl was using the stock 'I don't know' answer I found their website and Facebook page, all in Thai.

I fired off an email (no reply as yet) and a messenger query, which was answered quickly and in English, recommending I register with expatvac, which I did August 1st.

So if you are in Kanchanaburi here is the current situation.

They have a list of 30 names from the MFA (of course my name is not on it).

They are receiving names in batches from the MFA and there are more to come in a second round.

They don't know when they wil get the second list.

So it's 2 steps forward 1 back for me, but if you are one of the 30 you should hear something soon.

I also think this is now likely to be happening in other lesser provinces, so let's say it is progress and stay optimistic.

Trouble is no time on the message and it came from the hospital not expat.vac, who states you have to confirm response to their email or lose the spot!! Still not got a response. Gonna visit the hospital today show them the message and try and confirm!!! ????????????????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DPKANKAN said:

But nothing from expat.vac. Phanol.Hos is the name on the message!!aviary-image-1629603610399.jpeg.995237c293a6f697e359c30cc9ae3ba8.jpeg

This is correct according to the daily video from the ccsa spokesman who stated the email/sms woud now be coming direct from local hospitals. You could message them from facebook, they were quite responsive this morning.

https://www.facebook.com/PhaholHospofficial

• Like 1

As suggested by the English language daily update appointment slots are coming from various sources.

I received an email ( regular email address of Thai female not hospital ) yesterday.

Addressed to 38 recipients ( 50/50 Thai and foreigners) stating I have a vaccine appointment at Ayutthaya hospital Tuesday Aug 24th at 11.00 am , no vaccine type mentioned.

Strange, as I got my 1st jab 12 days ago ????

But looks hopeful for those still chasing vaccines.

It appeared in my spam folder initially.

Edited by Andrew Dwyer

14 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

Check your spam folder.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

As suggested by the English language daily update appointment slots are coming from various sources.

I received an email ( regular email address of Thai female not hospital ) yesterday.

Addressed to 38 recipients ( 50/50 Thai and foreigners) stating I have a vaccine appointment at Ayutthaya hospital Tuesday Aug 24th at 11.00 am , no vaccine type mentioned.

Strange, as I got my 1st jab 12 days ago ????

But looks hopeful for those still chasing vaccines.

It appeared in my spam folder initially.

I got literally 7 appointments this week so this confirms the databases are not connected as I thought from the beginning.  (Under 60, with underlying condition) 

Finally also the EXPATVAC page came through via email + call + sms after all (Bangkok) hospital send me appointments already.

EXPATVAC is sending now local appointments for Samut Prakan the last days if anyone is living there, vaccination seems to be at Samut Prakan Hospital as it is also for Thais.

• Like 1