have to attend hospital ,what should i do?

ivor bigun

11 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

I think the constant spraying with detol or other chemical is likely going to be more detrimental to your health then going to the hospital and using sensible precautions like wearing a mask and using alcohol on your hands.

actually it is alcohol she sprays on our hands and the car door handles and cash and the steering wheel of the car ect ect????

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Thanks for the replies ,its Chonburi govt hospital,its always so crowded and Chonburi seems to have a lot of covid ,,our son has spoken to them and they are phoning back next teusday to let us know whether the doc actually thinks i need to be seen or whether they can just send the meds. by the way i have been wearing a surgical mask with a cotton one over it,as does the wife ,oh and she is always spraying  us with detol or something .

Gov't hospitals are packed with usually hundreds of drop-ins.

Why not go to a private hospital.  There still pretty darn  cheap.  

You can be in and out quickly with an appointment.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sheryl said:

As above. And use hand sanitizer. Wash your hands well after leaving and before touching your face.

Protection from even 1 dose of AZ is pretty good especially in first few months after.

BTW, as you are here, I am wondering about immunity resilience.

I've had J&J end of June and I have booked and paid 2 shots of Moderna for sometime in Q1 2022. But I might be given either Pfizer, or AZ through Farangvacc in the forthcoming weeks. Right now I am thinking that if it is Pfizer, I just take it and maybe boost it with one shot of Moderna, if this can happen as late as March April. If it was AZ could I take it to extend and boost my immunity until I get Moderna? 

A bit of an overkill to take 3 vaccines in 9 months, but they'll boost Pfizer after 8 months in the States. And that's in a predictable environment, while here no one can tell which vaccines will be available the next day. I am dreaming of the "new normal" when we'll walk into Bumrungrad every 6 months, put 3000 on the table and get our boosters.

Edited by Boomer6969
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Pack an overnight bag, just in case, wear a mask, keep your distance if at all possible, wash your hands like you got OCD, I also carry disinfectant wipes in a little manbag everywhere, and always have, and don't fiddle with your mask if you can avoid it, other than that, I dunno. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

I've had J&J end of June and I have booked and paid 2 shots of Moderna for sometime in Q1 2022. But I might be given either Pfizer, or AZ through Farangvacc in the forthcoming weeks. Right now I am thinking that if it is Pfizer, I just take it and maybe boost it with one shot of Moderna, if this can happen as late as March April. If it was AZ could I take it to extend and boost my immunity until I get Moderna? 

A bit of an overkill to take 3 vaccines in 9 months, but they'll boost Pfizer after 8 months in the States. And that's in a predictable environment, while here no one can tell which vaccines will be available the next day. I am dreaming of the "new normal" when we'll walk into Bumrungrad every 6 months, put 3000 on the table and get our boosters.

Think you might be overdoing it. Pfizer/ Moderna are meant to be 2 shot doses   with a possible 3rd dose booster shot 8 months later.  J and J  is supposed to be a single dose shot with a possible booster later of Pfizer/Moderna/AZ but never heard anything about taking J and J with 2 or more shots later. Don't think that is advised.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

actually it is alcohol she sprays on our hands and the car door handles and cash and the steering wheel of the car ect ect????

Look into  buying some N95 masks ,they offer the best protection. If going to local 7--11 I just wear 1 or 2 of the regular surgical masks but if taking train downtown or going in a larger crowded mall/supermarket I wear the N95.

149634388_463532801448708_5767430645772594353_n.jpg

images (7).jpg

8 hours ago, Sheryl said:

As above. And use hand sanitizer. Wash your hands well after leaving and before touching your face.

Protection from even 1 dose of AZ is pretty good especially in first few months after.

Edited by ed strong

I had a follow-up appointment at Queen Sirikit Heart Center.  They contacted me the day before and strongly suggested if it was acceptable to delay the appointment for a month, currently too dangerous.  Of course I accepted.  My prescription refills were handled without having to go into the Heart Center.

9 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

It has not yet been decided re booster after Pfizer in the States for other than people who are immunocompromised.

The problem is that not enough time has yet passed since vaccines became available to know duration of protection and utility of boosters.

It is indeed a dilemma here in Thailand since one needs to book now to get Moderna at a private hospital next year. I have a similar dilemma: had 1 dose if AZ in Thailand then 2 Pfizer in the US, will return to Thsiland in a few weeks. I'm trying to decide if I should book for Moderna in early 2022 (I won't be back in US until mid summer 2022). I probably will on the basis that better to waste 3300 baht for a vaccine I end up not getting than to need it and be unable to get it.  Q1 of 2022 will be 6-8 months since my last vaccine so works as a booster and by then we probably will have data on which to base decisions re boosters.

BTW they are unlikely to vaccinate you in a few weeks if they know you alteady had J&J.

• Thanks 2

Suggest take someone with you that knows the check in process. Have them check you in and ask 

the Hospital staff to call when it’s your time to go for appointment. Sit in car until then..... 

Many hospitals have a special room/area for foreigners to check in and wait until time for you 

to see Dr. .. check to see if your hospital has this service... Udon Thani Govt Hospital and Kumphawapi 

Hospital provide this service... 

49 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

It has not yet been decided re booster after Pfizer in the States for other than people who are immunocompromised.

The problem is that not enough time has yet passed since vaccines became available to know duration of protection and utility of boosters.

It is indeed a dilemma here in Thailand since one needs to book now to get Moderna at a private hospital next year. I have a similar dilemma: had 1 dose if AZ in Thailand then 2 Pfizer in the US, will return to Thsiland in a few weeks. I'm trying to decide if I should book for Moderna in early 2022 (I won't be back in US until mid summer 2022). I probably will on the basis that better to waste 3300 baht for a vaccine I end up not getting than to need it and be unable to get it.  Q1 of 2022 will be 6-8 months since my last vaccine so works as a booster and by then we probably will have data on which to base decisions re boosters.

BTW they are unlikely to vaccinate you in a few weeks if they know you alteady had J&J.

If you had an AZ here in Thailand and 2 Pfizer in the US why would you think you need to order Moderna for when you come back here. They are recomending  a possinbel booster if you had 2 shots in the US  8 months down the line from your second shot but you have already had 3.  Don't think you would need any booster shot till this time next year at earliest and definately not 2 Moderna shots. These are not supposed to be yearly shots.

Just now, Tony125 said:

If you had an AZ here in Thailand and 2 Pfizer in the US why would you think you need to order Moderna for when you come back here. They are recomending  a possinbel booster if you had 2 shots in the US  8 months down the line from your second shot but you have already had 3.  Don't think you would need any booster shot till this time next year at earliest and definately not 2 Moderna shots. These are not supposed to be yearly shots.

By the time this batch  Moderna arrives and appointments are scheduled it will easily be 8 months since my initial vaccination. 

Whether one had 2 or 3 initially is not likely to affect the need for a booster. The issue is declining immunity levels over time.

I would much rather wait and decide when the time comes but the reality in Thailand these days is that it needs 6 months or more lead time to be sure of getting an mRNA vaccine.

Correct though that what is likely to bend up being recommended will be a single booster and not a series of 2. So I'd probably have paid for 2 and get just one.

There is no way to reserve a single dose now.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...