Going threeway into a property ownership - any farang-friendly legal team in BKK that has a proven track record when the chips are down?

So, here's the back-story.

My missus has an historical "mea noi" relationship with an elderly (89) Thai gent. 

I myself am past 60 and she's in her early 50's

He has been extraordinarily generous to her, she has already been given a large mcmansion and a car, and she has sworn in turn, to care for him until his last day. She is now currently looking after him on a daily basis, and because of Covid, and of course his vulture family, who want nothing to do with him in his hour of need, but are very keen on his assets, we have all decided to team up as a three way alliance, so that if any one of us die there are still two against the vultures.

So we are about to reassign ownership at the land office to the three of us in a Sukhumvit property.

By way of my own proof of commitment, I have agreed to foot the bill for the ownership transfer costs, including legal oversight. 

Because the property was recently surrendered by his elderly ex who insisted it transfer only to his name, as they are clearly resentful, and want us to pay the max to gain shared ownership, she, the ex, refused to sign if it was any other way. Also, they know they can rush in and contest the will with a solo ownership, and we have no illusions they will not do so! 

Naturally, they are the disgusting excessively wealthy and nepotic types that are the cause of this nations woes, and I want to make sure my humble good-hearted missus gets one over on these lizards, and has a decent independent income when I pass on too, just in case my family cause problems at that point!

I should add for total clarity, that of her other assets, this BKK property would be mine to dispose of should she pre-decease me, and her own extended family get the other spoils she already owns. We will also legally agree the old boy will be put into a decent home with the property being sold to help finance this, should it occur, as he was rather too generous in his lifetime, and I also currently help supplement his meagre foreign pension- he spent most of his life in the US and is a US/Thai citizen.

I don't own property here, so what should I be aware of, and is there a decent legal team out there who have handled this sort of thing for any of you prior?

Thanks.

Edited by chalawaan

You sound like a nice guy. But you don't mention how long you are together with your missus.

I think you should be careful that you don't end up paying a possible large bill and then she has all in her name and doesn't need you anymore.

Maybe this is no concern for you but there are just too many guys who lost too much money with situation were they trusted people. Be careful!

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You sound like a nice guy. But you don't mention how long you are together with your missus.

I think you should be careful that you don't end up paying a possible large bill and then she has all in her name and doesn't need you anymore.

Maybe this is no concern for you but there are just too many guys who lost too much money with situation were they trusted people. Be careful!

Yes plenty of ladies have several guys on the hook

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

We've been together since 2013 and I did leave her high and dry midway thru that to go adventuring overseas, I was a bit of a jerk then, no doubt, but she never gave up on me even after seeing my new "friends" on social media, and while she has two "husbands" -she told me about him from day one- it's clear that she does hold a torch for me, and of course, why should she not look out for herself knowing the old boy is not long for this earth and she herself is no hot young catch anymore? Her caring behavior toward him, even though he is a generous, but seriously difficult personality, is testimony to her character. She could have cut and run at any point after his first gifts to her.

16 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes plenty of ladies have several guys on the hook

Yes, we have all heard the stories, and I have friends who have fallen for the "moneymaker malaise", but this is a relationship with an elderly Thai woman, where I have always felt i could take or leave, it is her character (and my own flaws) that made me realise i may have a special individual on my hands. Also, please note I am trying to protect myself which is the entire reason I am laying out my complicated private life in public!