British Chamber Of Commerce Offering Vaccines to All

UKJASE

20 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

They've been offering Brits a jab for sometime, they’re now expanding the criteria, they’ve offered my Thai wife an appointment for next week.

I have to say I’m very impressed with them.

No they are not, I am a Brit in Thailand and I wasn't offered vaccination.

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Chris.B said:
54 minutes ago, dabhand said:

Maybe some of the 415k AZ doses that were donated by the Brits to Thailand a few weeks back? Who knows? But, never look a gift horse...........!!

So why are they not giving Brits priority then?

Compassion?  Unselfishness?  Not American, French or Chinese?

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I got this from her a few days ago, it's Bangkok, not Chiang Mai as clearly stated in the OP...

Jina Phenix

Tue, 17 Aug, 10:40 (4 days ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Jina, greg
cleardot.gifThank you for your registering for a Covid-19 vaccination through the BCCT.

Currently, we are working on a long list. We arrange appointments in Bangkok on a weekly basis therefore please continue to be patient. 

It was sarcasm.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chris.B said:
35 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No priority for the elderly, sick or pregnant? Where is the compassion and unselfishness there? 

Hang on a sec, I'm just getting my tongue out of my cheek.   There, that's better. 

If you really want to be serious, the elderly are being catered for as are those with certain conditions (if that's what you mean by "sick").    If, however, by "sick", you just mean those who don't feel well, they're no priority.  What so special about the pregnant that they need priority, they're usually the younger members of society, aren't they? 

Having said that, did anyone say that the elderly, sick or pregnant weren't being included by the BCCT?   Pretty sure no one did.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

1 hour ago, theoldgit said:

They've been offering Brits a jab for sometime, they’re now expanding the criteria, they’ve offered my Thai wife an appointment for next week.

I have to say I’m very impressed with them.

They seem to have kept it very quiet. This is the first I have heard of it.

• Like 2

From what I have heard, they are starting to "run out" of elderly expats (over 60) in the BKK area and obviously they don't want to waste vaccines.

The head of AstraZeneca Thailand is on the Board of Directors of the BCC.

RAZZ

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, champers said:

I signed up for vaccine updates from the UK Embassy. The BCC registration site was publicised on there as are other sites where you can register.

I suspect, but don't know for sure, that the embassy have used the BCC as a means to get UK expats vaccinated rather than doing it directly themselves.

Diplomacy by its very nature is about getting the job done without any unnecessary fuss and bother, not publicly laying the law down to the host country. Mission accomplished if all expats get jabbed with a bona fide vaccine in relatively short order. This seems to be happening.

They have only made their vaccines available to UK expats in the vicinity of Bangkok! So, in your words, it's mission accomplished if all Bangkok UK expats are vaccinated. Let's conveniently forget about the rest of the country! ????????????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not sure I fully understand your comment, but would you like to expound on what way you think Americans have been prioritized for receiving vaccinations in Thailand?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chris.B said:

They have only made their vaccines available to UK expats in the vicinity of Bangkok! So, in your words, it's mission accomplished if all Bangkok UK expats are vaccinated. Let's conveniently forget about the rest of the country! ????????????

I am being vaxed with Pfizer in Pattaya on Monday via the BCC scheme and plenty others will be till 9th Sept.

Anutin has said that vaccines are getting out to more remote provinces and I hope this is so. The dark red zones are being prioritised, rightly or wrongly.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1