British Chamber Of Commerce Offering Vaccines to All

UKJASE

51 minutes ago, champers said:

I am being vaxed with Pfizer in Pattaya on Monday via the BCC scheme and plenty others will be till 9th Sept.

Anutin has said that vaccines are getting out to more remote provinces and I hope this is so. The dark red zones are being prioritised, rightly or wrongly.

0btt1IQC_bigger.jpg

CCSA Operation Center met today. MFA shared the latest data on Expatvac registration and reiterated the urgent need to expedite the vaccination of foreign residents under Expatvac. So I hope for more vac next week. I’m sorry for not having better news.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, grain said:

I was vaxed 2 weeks ago at MedPark but my Thai tirak can't find a vax, so I just sent an email to BCC, if they reply and give her a date I'll drive her to BKK to get a jab.....thanks to OP for the link.

Yup, MedPark Hospital in BKK has been giving out Pfizer shots the past couple weeks.

13 hours ago, skatewash said:
16 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Compassion?  Unselfishness?  Not American, French or Chinese?

Not sure I fully understand your comment, but would you like to expound on what way you think Americans have been prioritized for receiving vaccinations in Thailand?

Not sure that I fully understand your comment. 

Where did I say that "Americans have been prioritised for receiving vaccinations"?  As I did not say that, or anything like it, obviously, I won't be able to expound on it.

14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where did I say that "Americans have been prioritised for receiving vaccinations"?  As I did not say that, or anything like it, obviously, I won't be able to expound on it.

I guess we can just agree that I have no idea what thought you were trying to convey by your original comment.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, champers said:

A couple of weeks ago they offered me a jab in Bangkok, but as I live in Pattaya, I declined. I want to get my jab in Pattaya rather than go to Bangkok. It was a risk v reward decision for me.

They also said they were working on providing jabs in Pattaya but no news yet

5 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Did you ask them like I did?

I would if I thought they could help me get vaccinated, however they only seem to be arranging appointments in Bangkok which is a long way from me. Also, at my age and condition, I don't want to risk being infected in Bangkok being a 'deep red' area.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skatewash said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

I guess we can just agree that I have no idea what thought you were trying to convey by your original comment.

Perhaps if you read my comment in conjunction with the comment that I responded to, you would understand what I was meaning, albeit a little tongue in cheek.   

17 hours ago, billd766 said:

They seem to have kept it very quiet. This is the first I have heard of it.

I registered about a month ago, when the British Embassy first included the option in the newsletter.  I sent an email yesterday to cancel because I was able to get and AZ shot in Khon Kaen.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chris.B said:

No they are not, I am a Brit in Thailand and I wasn't offered vaccination.

I am also a British Citizen, registered with the Embassy to get the vaccine updates....never heard of the BCC offering vaccines to Brits, at least not via the Embassy advisories. Anyway, any chance of getting a jab is worth it, so I will add a request to the BCC, in addition to all of  my other vaccine requests which haven't come to fruition yet.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

I would if I thought they could help me get vaccinated, however they only seem to be arranging appointments in Bangkok which is a long way from me. Also, at my age and condition, I don't want to risk being infected in Bangkok being a 'deep red' area.

Is your area free of Covid infections, then?    There are millions of people in Bangkok who are just as Covid-free as you think you are in the sticks.   

There are also many people of your age and condition who live here permanently, who run the same risk every day as you would for just one day, who have only been affected by Covid as a result of the side affects of the vaccination!    We're not all dying and having to listen to people in the streets shouting "bring out your dead"!   

Maybe you should weigh up the disadvantages of your own Bangkok paranoia versus being in Bangkok for a day and getting vaccinated.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 2

16 hours ago, Chris.B said:

They have only made their vaccines available to UK expats in the vicinity of Bangkok! So, in your words, it's mission accomplished if all Bangkok UK expats are vaccinated. Let's conveniently forget about the rest of the country! ????????????

They have offered this to all UK expats as I registered with them awhile ago. But they wanted me to come to BKK which is 6+ hours away!! I declined the offer because of the travelling. I am awaiting on expatvac to email me, failing that I have Moderna booked for Oct. So it was offered to all wherever you lived.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

From what I have heard, they are starting to "run out" of elderly expats (over 60) in the BKK area and obviously they don't want to waste vaccines.

The head of AstraZeneca Thailand is on the Board of Directors of the BCC.

RAZZ

Why is there even an age threshold for foreigners receiving vaccines? There is no age limit for Thai locals?

16 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

I am also a British Citizen, registered with the Embassy to get the vaccine updates....never heard of the BCC offering vaccines to Brits, at least not via the Embassy advisories. Anyway, any chance of getting a jab is worth it, so I will add a request to the BCC, in addition to all of  my other vaccine requests which haven't come to fruition yet.

What age are you?

24 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Perhaps if you read my comment in conjunction with the comment that I responded to, you would understand what I was meaning, albeit a little tongue in cheek.   

No, I tried that.  Nothing.  I think I'm at the point of diminishing returns.  Best to cut my losses and move on.

Edited by skatewash
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Aussieroaming said:
5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What age are you?

58 and no work permit which obviously has been a slight holdback in regards to getting a jab.

So not in the higher risk category, then, but, if you register with the BCCT, you should get taken care of.

17 minutes ago, worrab said:

They have offered this to all UK expats as I registered with them awhile ago. But they wanted me to come to BKK which is 6+ hours away!! I declined the offer because of the travelling. I am awaiting on expatvac to email me, failing that I have Moderna booked for Oct. So it was offered to all wherever you lived.

When and where was this offer made? ????

• Like 1