British Chamber Of Commerce Offering Vaccines to All

UKJASE

4 hours ago, grain said:

Well OP did say "Myself, and my thai girlfriend...have all been vaccinated at the BCC facility at Bangrak Hospital...They say the AZ vaccine is available to all nationalities, and all ages."

Bang Rak may well have it available for all but the BCC only assusts/coordinates appointments for foreign nationals.

Bang Rak is a private hospital. It is not a BCC facility. BCC does not operate health facilities or administet vaccines.  They are just assisting foreign nationals in registering at various hospitals, as a service to the foreign community.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2021 at 6:15 PM, OishiRefill said:

That's really good of you to share that information. I am sure there are others such as myself who did not know about this. I am surprised nobody else who already knew (who is a foreigner) did not share the love in the way that you have done. Opportunities for non-Thais to get a vaccination are highly sought after obviously. I hope that I am not too late and that they still hold stock. Thank you once again!

My email was replied to the very same day. AZ first jab was received the following week. Watch out for the 'tinnitus' side effect by the way. It's not on the official list of side effects but many suffered it including myself. ENT Dr prescribed medications which treated the problem and after 6 days the tinnitus has reduced in volume considerably. https://www.drugdiscoverytrends.com/tinnitus-reports-grow-amid-covid-19-vaccinations/ Was pretty scary though... only experienced in the ear which was the side of the jab and was louder than the sound of the traffic on a multi carriageway road. No kidding!

In case anybody is interested. The medicines to fix the tinnitus were as follows:

Clonazepam 0.5mg at bedtime

Cinnarizine 25mg at bedtime

Thiamine mononitrate 250mg after bfast & dinner

Pyridoxine hydrochloride 250mg after bfast & dinner

Cyanocobalamin 1000mg after bfast & dinner

Betahistine mesilate 12mg after bfast, lunch, & dinner

for a total of 7 days

Edited by OishiRefill
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I've just registered. Can they definitely provide letter for permission to travel from outside Bangkok?

Not sure which "they" you mean but the BCC won't issue anything, they just  facilitate getting a vaccine appointment.

And the vaccination site will issue only a card showing you have been vaccinated, nothing more. Whether or nto you need that to travel outside of Bangkok (and, if so, how long after 2nd does it needs to be) will depend on the rules of the place you are travelling to.

13 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Not sure which "they" you mean but the BCC won't issue anything, they just  facilitate getting a vaccine appointment.

And the vaccination site will issue only a card showing you have been vaccinated, nothing more. Whether or nto you need that to travel outside of Bangkok (and, if so, how long after 2nd does it needs to be) will depend on the rules of the place you are travelling to.

Hi Sheryl, this may have changed.

The BCC issued me with a 'BCC travel document' written in Thai on official headed paper. I can use this document to gain the 'letter of necessity' document that I need to take with me to and from Bangkok.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...