British Chamber Of Commerce Offering Vaccines to All

UKJASE

15 minutes ago, thonglorjimmy said:

I suspect anybody could get to Bangkok if they really wanted to get vaccinated, rather than expect BCC to spoon feed them.

Whilst I only live a tad over 200 Kms from Bangkok, there are no interprovincial busses, but there are taxis that will drive us door to door in our own little safe bubbles, and many of us have cars that are equally capable of making the same journey without putting ourselves, or others, at risk.

Bangkok is a high risk infection zone, I am not going to risk infecting my family by going there! ????????

Also, you say 'anybody'? What about sick people, disabled or elderly? You think they should be forced to travel 100s of kilometres to get vaccinated? 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chris.B said:

I would if I thought they could help me get vaccinated, however they only seem to be arranging appointments in Bangkok which is a long way from me. Also, at my age and condition, I don't want to risk being infected in Bangkok being a 'deep red' area.

you seem to be having much difficulty in obtaining a vaccine.   May I ask where you live and are you over 60?  If you are within a reasonable travelling distance of Khon Kaen, why not register with the Bangkok hospital in that fair city if you are over 60,however if you have one of the stated underlying conditions I don't think age is relevant,but I could be wrong.   Appreciate that you may also too late.

Not much comfort currently, but I believe that there will be an improvement in the availability of Western vaccines Sept/Oct this year,so don't dispair.  That is my 'unofficial' understanding.

Edited by Havenstreet1940
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

you seem to be having much difficulty in obtaining a vaccine.   May I ask where you live and are you over 60?  If you are within a reasonable travelling distance of Khon Kaen, why not register with the Bangkok hospital in that fair city if you are over 60,however if you have one of the stated underlying conditions I don't think age is relevant,but I could be wrong.   Appreciate that you may also too late.

Not much comfort currently, but I believe that there will be an improvement in the availability of Western vaccines Sept/Oct this year,so don't dispair.  That is my 'unofficial' undestanding.

Thank you for your understanding. Yes, over 60 but a very long way from Issan.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

Not much comfort currently, but I believe that there will be an improvement in the availability of Western vaccines Sept/Oct this year,so don't dispair.  That is my 'unofficial' understanding.

What do you consider a reasonable travelling distance?

It is a real question and not a wind up.

I am 77 and 116kg and have been taking blood pressure tablets since I had 2 stents fitted in 2006.

My wife will drive me. She is 55 and had her first jab (Sinovac) 12 days ago.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, billd766 said:

What do you consider a reasonable travelling distance?

It is a real question and not a wind up.

I am 77 and 116kg and have been taking blood pressure tablets since I had 2 stents fitted in 2006.

My wife will drive me. She is 55 and had her first jab (Sinovac) 12 days ago.

Why do you have to question my understanding and empathy for @Chris B.  Not all on this site enjoy 'winding up' people as you put it.  It is most certainly is not one of my characteristics,  Nothing more to say to you.  Goodbye.

Edited by Havenstreet1940
  • Sad 1

Confused now - got a text message during the the night.

Got another appointment at TRIA - Medical Wellness Centre on the 27th August as well. Doesn't say what vaccine or sent it?

Anyone know who this might be from?

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

18 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Bangkok is a high risk infection zone, I am not going to risk infecting my family by going there! ????????

Also, you say 'anybody'? What about sick people, disabled or elderly? You think they should be forced to travel 100s of kilometres to get vaccinated? 

do you fit into any of the above categories, 

there are jabs available outside of Bangkok for expats, Pattaya, Khon Kaen, Sriracha

its no good sitting at home waiting for a knock at the door

54 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

Got another appointment at TRIA - Medical Wellness Centre on the 27th August as well. Doesn't say what vaccine or sent it?

RAZZ

did you register with the BCCT, if so it could be them that have arranged it, i had a message from the hospital, before the BCCT contacted me

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steve187 said:

did you register with the BCCT, if so it could be them that have arranged it, i had a message from the hospital, before the BCCT contacted me

Yes I registered with BCCT. That was in the email I recieved. (My Bold, Italics and underlined)

As you have registered for the Vaccination Request for foreigners in Thailand through Foreign Chambers of Commerce in Thailand or The Board of Trade of Thailand (BoT). The BoT would like to inform you that your registration is successful and considered to be eligible for vaccine allocation. The BoT has been informed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs that the secured vaccine slot for foreigners in Thailand will be allocated with a limited amount.

RAZZ

27 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

Yes I registered with BCCT. That was in the email I recieved. (My Bold, Italics and underlined)

As you have registered for the Vaccination Request for foreigners in Thailand through Foreign Chambers of Commerce in Thailand or The Board of Trade of Thailand (BoT). The BoT would like to inform you that your registration is successful and considered to be eligible for vaccine allocation. The BoT has been informed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs that the secured vaccine slot for foreigners in Thailand will be allocated with a limited amount.

RAZZ

what vaccine are TRIA giving, if Pfizer go for that

I also got an overnight SMS for vaccine at TRIA.  I believe it is a result of registering via the route below which was sent out by the British consular team..

The British Embassy has been informed that British nationals over the age of 18 have the opportunity to receive an AstraZeneca covid-19 vaccination at Piyavate Hospital in Bangkok between 25 and 29 August. Second vaccination 12 weeks later. 

Registration, on a first come first served basis, is through the following google docs form, https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe3h7dn4nVDNdNDD6ObyPYx6-H0mvE-nJ-RQjFigRrTNRUiqg/viewform?usp=sf_link. Registration closes on Sunday 22 August. Cost is THB 50. Numbers of vaccines are limited, so register now. 

If you are unsuccessful, we advise you to continue to register with the Thai Ministry of Public health, https://expatvac.consular.go.th/. For further details see gov.uk, Thailand Travel Advice at https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand/coronavirus.

British Embassy
Bangkok

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, grs90 said:

I also got an overnight SMS for vaccine at TRIA.  I believe it is a result of registering via the route below which was sent out by the British consular team..

The British Embassy has been informed that British nationals over the age of 18 have the opportunity to receive an AstraZeneca covid-19 vaccination at Piyavate Hospital in Bangkok between 25 and 29 August. Second vaccination 12 weeks later. 

Registration, on a first come first served basis, is through the following google docs form, https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe3h7dn4nVDNdNDD6ObyPYx6-H0mvE-nJ-RQjFigRrTNRUiqg/viewform?usp=sf_link. Registration closes on Sunday 22 August. Cost is THB 50. Numbers of vaccines are limited, so register now. 

If you are unsuccessful, we advise you to continue to register with the Thai Ministry of Public health, https://expatvac.consular.go.th/. For further details see gov.uk, Thailand Travel Advice at https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand/coronavirus.

British Embassy
Bangkok

Yep, I did that on Sunday.

Will try and call now.

RAZZ

10 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

No answer.

RAZZ

There was nothing in the message or on the booking form to indicate I need to confirm the appointment so am just planning to turn up at the appointment time in the SMS.  According to the email I booked through it is Astra Zeneca vaccine being used. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

Why do you have to question my understanding and empathy for @Chris B.  Not all on this site enjoy 'winding up' people as you put it.  It is most certainly is not one of my characteristics,  Nothing more to say to you.  Goodbye.

Bill's question was NOT a wind up, nor was he accusing you of doing the same. 

8 hours ago, Sheryl said:

A shout out of thanks to BCC - they were able to provide an AZ appointment for my 2 Cambodian household staff who were otherwise waitl isted as number >30,000 at local hospital for what would likely have turned out to be (after 2-3 month wait) Sinovac or Sinopharm.

Replied to my email within a few hours and sent appointment within 2 days.

I am very, very appreciative and so are they!

And I, a British Citizen, have heard naff all from them, except that they will 'try to help'

26 minutes ago, grs90 said:

There was nothing in the message or on the booking form to indicate I need to confirm the appointment so am just planning to turn up at the appointment time in the SMS.  According to the email I booked through it is Astra Zeneca vaccine being used. 

Just chatted to them on Facebook.

It is from the embassy link as posted.

AstraZeneca.

RAZZ

2 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

RAZZ

TRIA is a proper hospital (unlike bang sue), so bigger chance for pfizer (that one has to be freezed, properly handled).

If TRIA can't confirm yet, what they are giving, I would still get there, because it's still unknown place for covid vax, so no crowds and possible better parking and organisation, than bang sue is/use to be.

I do also have AZ friday afternoon at Bang Sue , but will wait till friday noon for any pfizer from somewhere else.

Second astra is after 12 weeks, second pfizer 4 weeks

• Like 1

Just now, internationalism said:

TRIA is a proper hospital (unlike bang sue), so bigger chance for pfizer (that one has to be freezed, properly handled).

If TRIA can't confirm yet, what they are giving, I would still get there, because it's still unknown place for covid vax, so no crowds and possible better parking and organisation, than bang sue is/use to be.

I do also have AZ friday afternoon at Bang Sue , but will wait till friday noon for any pfizer from somewhere else.

Second astra is after 12 weeks, second pfizer 4 weeks

They confirmed it's AZ.

RAZZ

I registered a long time ago with BCCT but after hearing nothing, i registered again on the 22/8. I had a suspicion my first attempt may have failed as I got no confirmation email, as I did the second.

On the 24th I got news of a very local vaccine centre on the 25th where I got my first  (SV) jab, second on 15/9 (AZ)

Today I got an appointment froom BCCT but it was too late, and besides it was for a jab some 300 km from home in Bangkok, so would have turned it down anyway.

I now expect my expatvac appointment to also arrive too late tomorrow. Sods Law.

However I applaud the BCCT in their efforts to at least try to assist UK citizens and I see they have expedited a jab for many already.

• Like 1

Got my jab at TRIA today (APPARENTLY thanks to the British Embassy link as posted/shared).

All very civilised and no queue so to speak of.

Arrived at 9.10 am filled in a form, paid 50 baht service fee, got ticket number 57, then waited about 10 minutes for my jab. Told to come back on the 19th November for my second dose.

Then advised to sit in a chair for 30 minutes in case of adverse effects.

Out the door by 10am. 

10/10.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

I sent an email to them a week ago, asking for a vaccination for my Thai wife. Never got a reply. Yet others report here they got prompt replies. So they seem to have a strange sort of system of who they accept. Cambodian servants, some Thai wife/partners...but they're definitely not offering vaccines to all.

2 minutes ago, grain said:

I sent an email to them a week ago, asking for a vaccination for my Thai wife. Never got a reply. Yet others report here they got prompt replies. So they seem to have a strange sort of system of who they accept. Cambodian servants, some Thai wife/partners...but they're definitely not offering vaccines to all.

They are offering to all foreign nationals. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

They are offering to all foreign nationals. 

Well OP did say "Myself, and my thai girlfriend...have all been vaccinated at the BCC facility at Bangrak Hospital...They say the AZ vaccine is available to all nationalities, and all ages."