British Chamber Of Commerce Offering Vaccines to All

UKJASE

50 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

I would if I thought they could help me get vaccinated, however they only seem to be arranging appointments in Bangkok which is a long way from me. Also, at my age and condition, I don't want to risk being infected in Bangkok being a 'deep red' area.

Then what is your point?

• Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

That wasn't an offer to all expats!

I believe it was and to partners as well. I will see if I still have the original email for registering. All UK expats could apply otherwise why would I have done it?

• Confused 1

All this does, apart from a excellent service, is to highlight just how useless the British Embassy has been throughout this whole situation. Most of us who are now getting vaccinated have a great deal to thank the Thai government for and absolutely nothing to thank our own Embassy and governments for. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Why does the British Chamber of Commerce have so much vaccines they are giving it away to all comers? ????????

Maybe they hung onto some of the donated vaccines... instead of it all going into the hands of the government.

Why question why... just be grateful they have it.

7 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Maybe they hung onto some of the donated vaccines... instead of it all going into the hands of the government.

Why question why... just be grateful they have it.

Why be grateful if they are only making it available to those who can get to Bangkok or Pattaya?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So not in the higher risk category, then, but, if you register with the BCCT, you should get taken care of.

Agreed, it isn't often that I wish I were 60 or fat or with a morbid disease. I will get treatment eventually and I am happy to wait until the high risk group have been catered for but I am not too impressed with the roll out speed or vaccine management in Banhkok. The British Chamber of Commerce are a blessing to have available and I appreciate that they are there working at helping people.

My wife has had her first jab, so it will be nice to both be vacced eventually.

5 hours ago, JustinCredible said:

I registered about a month ago, when the British Embassy first included the option in the newsletter.  I sent an email yesterday to cancel because I was able to get and AZ shot in Khon Kaen.

I used to be registered with the embassy years ago but as their services tapered off I lost touch and so did they.

IMHO they do little or nothing for the average British citizens here in Thailand and are little more than a waste of time, space and money. The embassy in Angola when I worked there was just the same

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Is your area free of Covid infections, then?    There are millions of people in Bangkok who are just as Covid-free as you think you are in the sticks.   

There are also many people of your age and condition who live here permanently, who run the same risk every day as you would for just one day, who have only been affected by Covid as a result of the side affects of the vaccination!    We're not all dying and having to listen to people in the streets shouting "bring out your dead"!   

Maybe you should weigh up the disadvantages of your own Bangkok paranoia versus being in Bangkok for a day and getting vaccinated.

No, Bangkok is a high risk, infection zone. It is crazy for you, to suggest to vulnerable people, to take a chance and go there for vaccination! Also, what happens if I did catch Covid, I infect my family as well? Then infect the village?

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

No, Bangkok is a high risk, infection zone. It is crazy for you, to suggest to vulnerable people, to take a chance and go there for vaccination!

Also it is 350km plus each way for me and my wife will have to drive me as I wouldn't feel safe or happy driving that far at 77 years old. That would probably mean 2 days and 1 overnight stop somewhere.

Then there is the fact that BKK is a dark red zone for Covid. Though my wife has had 1 jab it was Sinovac and she has not yet received notification of a 2nd jab yet. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, poppysdad said:

Why doctor Tom do you assume it’s the Thai government financing it and not claiming the praise for doing so. 

All I know my friend is that it was the Thais who provided my vaccine, the Thai hospital and medical staff that administered it  and that will provide the second shot.  That's not claiming  undue credit, that's  delivering the end result. 

On 8/21/2021 at 5:53 PM, KannikaP said:

Hey, just got an email reply from Jina at BCC. She will try to HELP! me.

And I am sure IT WON'T BE LONG before I hear from them!     LOL

How is she going to help you? A vaccination appointment in Bangkok?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chris.B said:
7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Is your area free of Covid infections, then?    There are millions of people in Bangkok who are just as Covid-free as you think you are in the sticks.   

There are also many people of your age and condition who live here permanently, who run the same risk every day as you would for just one day, who have only been affected by Covid as a result of the side affects of the vaccination!    We're not all dying and having to listen to people in the streets shouting "bring out your dead"!   

Maybe you should weigh up the disadvantages of your own Bangkok paranoia versus being in Bangkok for a day and getting vaccinated.

Expand  

No, Bangkok is a high risk, infection zone.  It is crazy for you, to suggest to vulnerable people, to take a chance and go there for vaccination! Also, what happens if I did catch Covid, I infect my family as well? Then infect the village?

Yes, it may be, but that does not mean that everyone has Covid or is contagious and that everyone who comes here contracts it!    There are more people free of Covid than those who have it.   It is not crazy of me to suggest that someone who needs a vaccination comes here for it.   You do know that thousands of people just like you have already done it, safely?

For some naïve reason, you seem to think that you cannot get Covid wherever you live that no one in that area is a carrier who could infect you or your family.   Get real.   On the other hand remain unvaccinated, it's your choice, and see what you feel like if you contract it there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

How is she going to help you? A vaccination appointment in Bangkok?

Yes, just as thousands of people have had already and not contracted the virus.    Or you could bury your head in the sand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Why be grateful if they are only making it available to those who can get to Bangkok or Pattaya?

A previous poster 'delboy' noted (top of pg3) that BCC had arranged a jab for him in CM. He wasn't able to take up the offer but clearly shows that locations other than Bangkok and Pattaya are being set up.

Did you ever actually make contact with BCCT since this thread was set up? The OP did subsequently indicate BCCT were contacted by many hopefuls, I presume you were one of them.

• Like 2

It seems to me that a great many people here fully expect everything to come to them, to be available on their doorstep, heaven help them if they have to venture out to get something they want or need. On the day we went to Bangkok to get our jabs we were surprised at how many from Hua Hin were there and not one complained about having to travel to do it even though it was basically a day out of our life. If you choose to live away from major centres then you have to be prepared to travel to get what you need or want.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I have put 2 farangs & their maid  in touch with Jina  & she responded  very quick , both friends reported   a very professional service from Jina and the hospital

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 8:46 PM, Chris.B said:

They have only made their vaccines available to UK expats in the vicinity of Bangkok! So, in your words, it's mission accomplished if all Bangkok UK expats are vaccinated. Let's conveniently forget about the rest of the country! ????????????

With the inter-provincial bus service not running (at least around me) not many that live 300 / 400 Km away from Bangkok are able to travel for vaccination, we really need the vaccines to come to us..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Chris.B said:

I suspect anybody could get to Bangkok if they really wanted to get vaccinated, rather than expect BCC to spoon feed them.

Whilst I only live a tad over 200 Kms from Bangkok, there are no interprovincial busses, but there are taxis that will drive us door to door in our own little safe bubbles, and many of us have cars that are equally capable of making the same journey without putting ourselves, or others, at risk.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3