Question about bank statement for extension based on marriage based on income.

I have been on a yearly extension of a Non-B for years, but for my next extension in September I want to change the reason for extension to marriage.

I had a look at all the documents that were needed and as I planned to do this based on proof as income I noticed I needed a bank statement proving an income of 40,000 baht of more. 

And here is the problem : I have a salary above 40 thousand and can proof that for 11 months, BUT due to COVID my employer has decided that he can only pay me half my salary for August, so this will show as lower than 40 thousand.

So my question is :  when they talk about proof of income of 40,000 or more, do they a) want to see that you on average made 40,000 a month (in which in case I'm fine), or b) that you received 40,000 every single month of the year and not 1 baht less.

If anyone has any experience with this or has an answer to that, please share, it would be very helpful to me to know how to proceed.

It is little different when using 40k baht income from working to apply for the extension.

They normally are a little more flexible and that is why a average is allowed. You will also need your tax return for last year.

One thing that could be done is if you employer could declare and deduct the income tax for that amount. You do not need to prove the income was paid into a bank account.

• Like 1

By the letter of the law, you are allowed to use an average income of 40,000 THB per month throughout the year. However there have been reports of some IOs not accepting it. (maybe they don't understand averaging)

A letter from your employer explaining the 1 month shortfall would probably be acceptable. I understand that IOs tend to be a little more flexible with those working in kingdom, as apposed to those of us relying on foreign deposits.

6 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

By the letter of the law, you are allowed to use an average income of 40,000 THB per month throughout the year. However there have been reports of some IOs not accepting it. (maybe they don't understand averaging)

That has only happened when using transfers from abroad to prove the 40k baht.

• Thanks 1

I have used the income method for the retirement extension for a number of years with the annual amount far exceeding the requirement.

A couple of years ago a monthly payment came through late and as it is at the end of the month the statement showed no payment for that month but two for the following month.

The Immigration Dept

( Chiang Mai) we’re adamant that a payment had to be made each month.

It was resolved the way most issues are resolved in Thailand

4 hours ago, StevieAus said:

I have used the income method for the retirement extension for a number of years with the annual amount far exceeding the requirement.

A couple of years ago a monthly payment came through late and as it is at the end of the month the statement showed no payment for that month but two for the following month.

The Immigration Dept

( Chiang Mai) we’re adamant that a payment had to be made each month.

It was resolved the way most issues are resolved in Thailand

Just what I was thinking… let him pay you 40k and then give some back…

I receive 2 separate payments every 4 weeks ,this seems to  totally bewilder the IMO in Samutsongkhram  , the total is well over the required amount but as one of the payments might not come in the same month or arrive twice in the same month they are totally confused ,& if you start talking about 13  payments in the year ( 52 weeks devided by4 = 13) as opposed to 12 ,the number of months , they say I need a letter from the bank ? ,