People warned not to spray ethyl alcohol on food in attempt to kill COVID-19

snoop1130

12 hours ago, internationalism said:

it's hospital alcohol, with very bitter taste, to prevent medics from stealing it and alcoholics and kids from abusing it for 70b per litre.

It's safe for drinking. It's methyl alcohol which can make people go blind

Thank you. I've stated this several times in other replies in the past.

Ethanol has been consumed by humans, other animals, and even insects (butterflies) for millenia.

Yes, it is typically adulterated to prevent abuse when specifically used for non-consumption, as you say. When we used it at university for organic Chem lab courses we were warned that it was tainted with jet fuel.

Methanol is a killer and causes blindness before death.

19 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

We all have to die sometime... but I don't plan on it being today.

Guy's, I didn't say we are going to die as we have a better than 99% chance  of not dying. It's just people take this way to far like spaying their mail and any parcels they received. Also when they come back from shopping they spray everything. Don't you think this is a little too much?

• Like 2

I have a bottle of ethyl alcohol ordered from a chemical supplier last year when COVID started and it was difficult to get the blue stuff. It was originally a 5L tank. It is colorless and smells like Bacardi. I tasted a drop on my finger and it was nice. I think it would be good with coke and ice but I haven’t tried drinking it or spraying it on food yet.

1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

Guy's, I didn't say we are going to die as we have a better than 99% chance  of not dying. It's just people take this way to far like spaying their mail and any parcels they received. Also when they come back from shopping they spray everything. Don't you think this is a little too much?

I'll go out on a limb here but it is my belief the chances of us dying to be closer to 100%.

14 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

I have a bottle of ethyl alcohol ordered from a chemical supplier last year when COVID started and it was difficult to get the blue stuff. It was originally a 5L tank. It is colorless and smells like Bacardi. I tasted a drop on my finger and it was nice. I think it would be good with coke and ice but I haven’t tried drinking it or spraying it on food yet.

Bet it would go great with orange juice, name of supplier please.

14 hours ago, internationalism said:

it's hospital alcohol, with very bitter taste, to prevent medics from stealing it and alcoholics and kids from abusing it for 70b per litre.

That's not all that makes you go blind apparently, well my eyesight is fading a bit. :giggle: 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, internationalism said:

We learn on school Methyl alcohol, with the M of murder.

Easy to remind.

Edited by Peterphuket

18 hours ago, worgeordie said:

This is just a warning, I cannot believe people are actually spraying 

ethyl alcohol on their food, unless you are a wino ????

regards worgeordie

I'm trying to read the original post but my vision seems to be rather Leo impaired lol ????????

Only some hand sanitizers are made using ethyl alcohol. Probably around 1/2 are made using isopropyl alcohol (toxic when ingested)—and sometimes some made with methyl alcohol (extremely toxic when ingested).

Edited by ThLT

Ethyl alcohol aka ethanol is the drinking alcohol. All alcoholic beverages only have ethanol and no other alcohol. Any other alcohol such as methyl alcohol aka methanol, isopropyl alcohol aka propanol etc are toxic. Therefore if the sanitizer is made with anything other than pure ethanol is toxic. Other ingredients in a typical hand sanitizer such as Aloe Vera, dye and preservative etc are generally not toxic. So spraying hand sanitizer not knowing precisely what is in it is not a good idea. 

2 hours ago, Harry Black said:

My dear old mum used to warn me that too much masturbation had the same effect.

My vision is still 20/20 even after much masturbation....it's an old wives' tale.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, EricTh said:

My vision is still 20/20 even after much masturbation....it's an old wives' tale.

Tend to agree, she also maintained I wouldnt get anything from Santa unless I was good.

Harry Black- Former UK Military Sniper.

Thai Food and Drug Administration (TFDA) stated Ethyl alcohol it is not suitable for human consumption.  Maybe they should look it up to see what it is.  As  hint it is also called ethanol and can be represented as C2H5OH or CH3CH2OH.  It is a common ingredient of beer, wine, Scotch, Bourbon, Gin  and Vodka among other alcoholic substances.  Maybe their beliefs is somehow responsible for the stupid Alcohol sales laws.

1 hour ago, toem said:

i spray vinegar and it kills all bacteria and viruses

not necessarily on food, as vinegar has strong smell and taste so all food would be alike to all others. Not much enjoyment in eating. Even if there are many vinegar made from different fruits (grapes, apples) or even from rice, taste and smell is similar.

But white vinegar, made from alcohol, can be disinfectant, as alcohol is. Not sure, how potent is in comparison, but kills mould, fungus in rooms or in cars

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2021 at 11:45 AM, internationalism said:

not necessarily on food, as vinegar has strong smell and taste so all food would be alike to all others. Not much enjoyment in eating. Even if there are many vinegar made from different fruits (grapes, apples) or even from rice, taste and smell is similar.

But white vinegar, made from alcohol, can be disinfectant, as alcohol is. Not sure, how potent is in comparison, but kills mould, fungus in rooms or in cars

i only use vinegar to clean everything. In 2021 it's sad that some stupid people expose themselves and their kids to chemicals and poison that big companies are telling them to use. So stupid at the era of internet that people know nothing. I guess that they are the ones who vaccinate first also, and their kids.