People warned not to spray ethyl alcohol on food in attempt to kill COVID-19

snoop1130

Great.  First we have to wear face masks during sex.  Now ethanol is not fit for human consumption.  Some of these announcements read like they were written at The Onion.

I don't see anything wrong with rinsing food with 70% ethanol as long as it's just ethanol and water AND it isn't done in front of an open flame.  The problem as I see it is that it's hard to find ethanol in Thailand that isn't formulated with fragrance, dye, and other ingredients that you probably don't want to be eating.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dj230 said:

You can actually just put the food in a microwave or fridge because both hot and cold temperatures should 'kill' the virus 

thrives in cold.

several examples from the last year imported frozen food, beef from south america to china, australia.

Large out brakes in slaughterhouses around the world. Including meet processing factories in thailand

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

I think that is related to their last recommendation: sex only with a mask. If you then switch to the 69 position for safety reasons, the question of the sterility of the food actually arises. It would of course be stupid to light the after sex cigarette right next to alcohol-drenched bodyparts. ????????????

'alcohol-drenched bodyparts'

I must suggest that to the wife when I finally get back.

• Haha 1

Hmmm, denatured ethanol is made principally to get around excise.  The addition of methanol (or other similar additives) which makes the consumption poisonous makes ethanol non-taxable.

This has been doing the rounds of social media for a while now.  It is an extension of spraying parcels delivered to home by spraying them first.  People who don't know any better and who can't think logically subscribe to this nonsense.

18 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

As 1 doctor said, we are all going to get the virus it's just a matter of time.

Not doubting that at all, just be nice to not have my change handed back to me dripping alcohol sanitizer.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, internationalism said:

it's hospital alcohol, with very bitter taste, to prevent medics from stealing it and alcoholics and kids from abusing it for 70b per litre.

It's safe for drinking. It's methyl alcohol which can make people go blind

Thanks. Will go chug a pint of delicious ethanol now. This forum is the best chemistry school.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Thai Food and Drug Administration (TFDA) is warning people not to spray ethyl alcohol directly onto their food, in the misbelief that the substance can kill the COVID-19 virus

The pesticides are enough to do it already.