Extension visa exemption

I went to Muang thong Thani office to extend visa exemption for 30 days! It’s very smooth ! I get my extensions and was told to come back to get COVID-19 extensions at the same office! Believe or not , only four people waiting at 8:30 am! I was also told can come back to extend COVID extension as early as two weeks before visa expiration! Wow! They are so nice at muang thong Thai temporary immigration office!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ItoroK said:

What is a Covid extention?

Can you stay over the regular period that is given with a simple visa extention?

It is a 60 day extension of a permit to stay granted due to the covid 19 outbreak.

If on a visa exempt or tourist visa entry you have to apply for the normal 30 day extension before applying for it.

7 hours ago, Strangerlee said:

They are so nice at muang thong Thai temporary immigration office!

What exactly did you provide to obtain covid extension? 

Which pages of passport copied.

Was tm30 required.

Assume that you signed tick box affidavit? 

40 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is a 60 day extension of a permit to stay granted due to the covid 19 outbreak.

If on a visa exempt or tourist visa entry you have to apply for the normal 30 day extension before applying for it.

So would it be 45 + 30 + 60 days i could stay as a tourist?

Can i use the Covid extention once or several times?

I've just fount the form to fill, what if i dont have a valid reason? Is it just a formality or will they actually check my situation?

29 minutes ago, ItoroK said:

So would it be 45 + 30 + 60 days i could stay as a tourist?

Can i use the Covid extention once or several times?

I've just fount the form to fill, what if i dont have a valid reason? Is it just a formality or will they actually check my situation?

Formality ....no limit on number of covid extensions.

Eventually they will stop but would imagine not for some time.

44 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What exactly did you provide to obtain covid extension? 

He has not applied for one yet. He got a 30 day extension of his visa exempt entry and immigration told him he could get the 60 day covid extension up to week before it ends.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He has not applied for one yet. He got a 30 day extension of his visa exempt entry and immigration told him he could get the 60 day covid extension up to week before it ends.

Yes, I just got the extension of 30 days this morning! I will go back to get 60 days COVID extension one month later!

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Thank you for your advice yesterday! After your advice, I decided to go to muang thong Thani temporary office this morning that is one week before my exempt visa expires! Thank you ????

3 hours ago, ItoroK said:

What is a Covid extention?

Can you stay over the regular period that is given with a simple visa extention?

If you do not qualify for another kind of extension, you can currently apply for the "Covid" extension of 60 days. You basically sign an affidavit to the effect that Covid-19 prevents you from returning to your home country. No proof of this claim is currently required.

• 3 weeks later...

Does this extension applies to ALL visa exemption countries? I cannot find any confirmation on this in the Thai embassy website in Singapore. It would be great if I could stay in Thailand for 45 + 30 days through the extension without having to apply for a TRV or STV.

1 hour ago, DHut said:

Does this extension applies to ALL visa exemption countries? I cannot find any confirmation on this in the Thai embassy website in Singapore. It would be great if I could stay in Thailand for 45 + 30 days through the extension without having to apply for a TRV or STV.

The 30-day extension of a regular visa exempt entry is standard, and can be expected to remain available indefinitely. The rules with visa exempt entry based on bilateral agreement are different. The 45 days you currently receive as your initial permission to stay on a visa exempt entry is 15 days more than it was pre-Covid. This is to compensate for the 15 nights you are normally expected to spend in quarantine. This will probably revert to the previous 30 days once quarantine requirements are eliminated.

The 60-day Covid extensions currently apply to anyone legally in Thailand who claims they are prevented by the Covid-19 outbreak from returning to their home country. You sign an affidavit and your claim is not questioned. It is certain that these Covid extensions will be eliminated at some point. When they will be cancelled or made more difficult to get is unpredictable. It could happen at any time after September 30th, though likely to continue for at least a month or two longer than that.

Edited by BritTim

8 hours ago, DHut said:

All of the countries that get a standard visa exempt entry get a 30 day extension. Those those from a country thats gets the visa exempt from a bilateral agreement cannot apply for the extension.

image.png.47ecda7293794372754dab159e887b45.png

Source: https://thaiembdc.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Visa-Exemption-Scheme-7-Dec.png

My visa (marriage) expires on November 20th 2021. I do not yet meet the requirements (400k in the bank) for an extension. Could I take advantage of the Covid extension to somehow extend my visa?

If I get this extension now, to what day could I extend it? November 30th? Or longer? I already used my 60 day extension to visit Thai wife last year, so that option is gone for me.

27 minutes ago, pineappleglory said:

My visa (marriage) expires on November 20th 2021. I do not yet meet the requirements (400k in the bank) for an extension. Could I take advantage of the Covid extension to somehow extend my visa?
If I get this extension now, to what day could I extend it? November 30th? Or longer? I already used my 60 day extension to visit Thai wife last year, so that option is gone for me.

If you your extension ends on November 20th the earliest you could apply for it would ba around the 1st of November and it would give you 60 days from the 20th.

The current extension of the order for them ends on the 27th of this month. I am sure it will be extended for at least another 2 months so you would be able to apply for it in early November.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you your extension ends on November 20th the earliest you could apply for it would ba around the 1st of November and it would give you 60 days from the 20th.

The current extension of the order for them ends on the 27th of this month. I am sure it will be extended for at least another 2 months so you would be able to apply for it in early November.

Thank you, really appreciate all your help ????