Two Mad Monks Bbq Grill Dog Alive: Owner Displeased..

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya Daily News: May 28th 2007

TWO MANAICAL MONKS AND ATTENDANT COOK DOG FOR DINNER IN PATTAYA

Vicious monks and attendant grill a dog, in broad daylight, to eat, along with their whiskey. When the dog's owner discovers what is happening, he is attacked and thrown into the bonfire, sustaining serious injuries. Luckily, he survives.

On the 27th May 2007, at 1:30 PM, Pol.Lt.Col . Santi Chainiramai, Pattaya, was notified that two monks and an attendant attacked a man, causing serious injury. The incident happened in a wooded area opposite "Betong" FishingPpark, Soi Mom Luang Chuen-Jai Restaurant, Moo 6, Na-klua, Banglamung, Chonburi. He rushed to the scene to investigate, along with Sawang Boriboon Rescue.

At the site of the incident, in the woods, there were some wanderers who usually scavenge for items to sell. Inside a shelter, cluttered with many used plastic bottles, the officers found two men: Mr. Wirat Jantamala, (43), from Prajeenburi Province, who was unconscious and bleeding from his head and body; and Mr. Somphong Tuisakda, (38) also cut on the head, bleeding and unconscious beside the bonfire. Mr.Somphong had severe burns all over his body. The two victims were taken to the hospital immediately.

Mr.Wirat Jantamala's wife, Mrs. Prae Kamphook (42) said that her husband got into an argument with the two monks, who were on pilgrimage along with the attendant. The argument was over the fact that the two monks and the attendant were drinking whiskey and had captured a one year old female dog, named "E-Dum", who her husband was taking care of and using as a watch dog.

The men were grilling the dog alive, with the apparent intention of having it for dinner. Mr. Jantamala and Mr. Somphong tried to stop them but the two crazed monks and their attendant viciously attacked them with a club and knife. As if that wasn't enough, they threw Mr. Somphong into the bonfire. Mr. Somphong was unconscious and severely burned. At this point, the two monks and the attendant ran away.

The police went to inspect the location where the monks stay, about 50 meters away, but didn't find the long-handled umbrella that should have been there, according to the Buddhism principle of monks on pilgrimage. However, there was a shelter built from wood with a galvanized iron roof. Inside, there were mattresses, bowls and saffron ropes. On the side, on the floor, there were many whisky and beer bottles. Police also found a fruit knife and a one-foot long club with bloodstains, which the police kept as evidence. However, the perpetrators were not there.

Police mounted a search for the vicious criminals. After 15 minutes, police arrested Pra Winij Techawaro, original name Mr. Winij Suwanarit, (50) from Sawangbhumidol Temple, Sawangdaendin, Sakolnakorn Province, address 8, Nagaew, Phonagaew, Sakonakorn Province. He had been on pilgrimage to Pattaya for about three months. They also apprehended his attendant, Mr. Yeam Srisawet (26), address 30/6, Moo 1, Khao Wong, Gaeng Harng Maew, Jantaburi Province. Police arrested them in the woods, about 200 meters from the scene. They were still drunk and were preparing to escape. Mrs. Prae Kumphook identified the two men and the police took them into custody.

The monk and the attendant confessed that they had been drinking and became inebriated. They admitted to attacking Mr. Wirat and Mr.Somphong. The third monk, who joined in the gruesome crime, escaped before the police arrived. The monk and the attendant claimed that Mr. Wirat and Mr. Somphong initially caused trouble; but they didnt mention that they were about to eat the dog. Police will process the case to the full extent of the law.

Pol.Lt.Col. Santi Chainiranam, Investigator, Pattaya, was dubious of the account provided by the monk and attendant. There were witnesses, such as motorbike taxi drivers and nearby villagers who clarified that the monk and the attendant were preparing to grill the dog to eat.

The owner of the dog tried to stop them but was attacked and severely injured. The police took Pra Winij Techawaro (Mr. Winij Suwanarit) to see Pra Kru Phisaljariyaphipat, the Abbot of Chaimongkol Temple, South Pattaya, for the purpose of ending his tenure as a monk. Villagers have frequently reported this monk to the Religion Department regarding his drunken behavior. When he was out asking for food, he often left it around, carelessly. All of the villagers were very upset and did not respect this monk.

Graphic photographs of grilled dog and grilled monk withheld.

Edited by libya 115

my only pity is for the poor dog - i have no pity for the people involved, and if the police dont punish them for this horrible crime they committed, i believe god will. "every dog has its day, and theres is yet to come" soon i hope. its disgusting. all the food, rice and fruit avaliable and they have to barbecue a poor one year old dog. jeez whats the world coming to.

Just when you thought you heard it all something more bizarre happens to out do the rest. Only in Thailand, some pilgramige.

Just makes you wonder what sort of lives some people live and yes, poor dog.

Maybe they were from Sakon Nakon.

According to the story at least one of the monks was.

They usually kill the dogs first though before roasting them.

And clean out the innards (I hope).

Year-old dog is at the end of the tender stage. Six-month old dog is best.

Tolerance for dog eating is one thing. Severe cruelty to them is another. Dogs have a special relationship with humans. I realize dog eating is part of some cultures, but we don't have to like it.

Edited by Jingthing

The Wonderful Teachings of Revered Buddha…..this really sums up the problems of most Thais….very few actually practice what they preach.

These should be cast out and then made fully accountable for their actions ….attempted murder plus death by cruelty to the unfortunate animal

Tossers..far too many monks in Thailand are criminals who have run or youngsters trying to escape the Military conscription; just hoping to get their souls cleaned then they can go back to their past lives

:o

Wonder what a dog hamburger would tatse like?

I tried some meat once up in Sakon Nakon , was told black colored dogs were considered the best tasting.

Personally I found the meat very stringy and chewy.

Now stir fried snake with garlic was quite tasty.

Hmmmmm , Hamburger............

I tried some meat once up in Sakon Nakon , was told black colored dogs were considered the best tasting.

My ex said the brain was best ;-))

I have heard black dogs are suosed to be best as well for some reason.

My ex was not bothered about anybody knowing she used to eat it at home but another girl i know hated me mentioning it.

I mentioned it to some Korean colleagues and only one of them ate it regularly - she seemed relieved that I did not find it outrageous and said she liked it in soup best.

On a biz trip to Manila there was a sniffer dog at the hotel entrance sniffing anything in site. I said out of side of my mouth to the Korean girl, "I bet that would be nice on the BBQ". She replied with a smile, "No in soup"

I have never tried it.

Have eaten dog with my Filipino workers in several countries, but when working in Vietnam I used to se the cyclo drivers taking cages of really mangy soi dogs to the restaurants and that was very off-putting.

Snake in Hong Kong was good. Everyone (well, maybe not quite everyone) eats it before onset of winter, to avoid colds and flu. Seems to work But these were some form of adder/viper and you do get a fever for a day or so after eating it. (And drinking the blood)

But for something really utterly revolting - try the Nigerian (River State) 'Garry'. It is the staple diet of that part of Nigeria - dried, pounded and boiled cassava with a dried fish flavouring. Sounds innocuous, and so I thought. Had one mouthful and couldn't swallow that until good manners forced me to. But a second mouthful - never!

Have I missed something? Were the monks real monks or just pretending to be. I am not disrespecting the holy orders, but I imagine that if I were the right gender all I would have to do is go to Tesco/Carrefour/TOPS and purchase a set of robes. Then it's a quick job with a bic and bobs your uncle I am a monk - or at least I look like one :o

Have I missed something? Were the monks real monks or just pretending to be. I am not disrespecting the holy orders, but I imagine that if I were the right gender all I would have to do is go to Tesco/Carrefour/TOPS and purchase a set of robes. Then it's a quick job with a bic and bobs your uncle I am a monk - or at least I look like one :o

"The police took Pra Winij Techawaro (Mr. Winij Suwanarit) to see Pra Kru Phisaljariyaphipat, the Abbot of Chaimongkol Temple, South Pattaya, for the purpose of ending his tenure as a monk."

It would seem that at least 1 of them was a bona fide monk.

Wrong. It is not easy to impersonate a Thai monk. They have a very precise and prescribed way of folding their robes, etc., and a true monk can usually call out a fake monk. I know of some cases of beatings that fake monks received.

SOURCE: Pattaya Daily News: May 28th 2007

TWO MANAICAL MONKS AND ATTENDANT COOK DOG FOR DINNER IN PATTAYA

He had been on pilgrimage to Pattaya for about three months.

Yeh me too....pilgrimage, that's it....honest..

Wrong. It is not easy to impersonate a Thai monk. They have a very precise and prescribed way of folding their robes, etc., and a true monk can usually call out a fake monk. I know of some cases of beatings that fake monks received.

I was thinking of getting a robe myself and putting it on in order to not pay the extortionate fees for national park entrance etc. Guess I'll have to either learn how to fold the robe properly or just play the stupid Farang Monk.

I was thinking of getting a robe myself and putting it on in order to not pay the extortionate fees for national park entrance etc. Guess I'll have to either learn how to fold the robe properly or just play the stupid Farang Monk.

Quite funny. I actually do know of a fake farang monk, and he was the one beaten up. So, he switched to Tibetan robes, which are different colors. He strolled around BKK for awhile like that, and even tricked my Thai wife into buying him lunch. I heard he was later found out and beat up a second time!

People who sit around chanting and expecting to achieve nirvana try to cook a dog and evryone is surprised? They were hungry.

What about the monks that sit in caves' for years at a time on their own. Hardly normal.

However they should have at least killed the dog, that was cruel. And throwing the bloke on the fire was a bit naughty too.

I was at a big funeral recently and my mate's wife's ex husband turned up.

The last time any of the family saw him he was shitfaced and holding a gun in her brothers face trying to track her down after she ran away from another beating.

10 ish years later, he turns up at the funeral as a monk and they are bowing to him and giving him money. Stunning. Robes or no robes he is still the same guy. Just because someone wears a robe doesn't mean anything.