Kratom In Chiang Mai. Where can you buy it?

CALSinCM

13 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Asked the wife to go see the neighbor. He has a (cough cough) good knowledge of herbs.

He said that Kratom is only grown in the south of Thailand. The link above is a seller from NST so it may be true.

It's not just 'only' grown down south. My friend brought some leaves months ago in the N.E.  Do not keep it in the fridge, it goes rotten, dry it ASP.  Going price at that time was 100b for a bag of about 12 big leaves.  :coffee1:

On 8/24/2021 at 2:18 AM, canthai55 said:

I am all in favor of natural substances - including Kratom.

The USA and their "War on Drugs" has caused immense harm around the world.

Available in California and other states. Not in UK and Australia.

Mushrooms legal in Oregon and was passed in Denver.

Yes, war on drugs stupid, futile and wasted a load of money that could have been used to subsidize healthcare.

You have a situation where the US pressured Thailand to criminalize pot but now the majority of states has approved its use. Biden wants to decriminalize it, most Americans want to legalize it.

Thailand is rightfully unhappy.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2021 at 3:54 PM, BritManToo said:

Same side effects as alcohol as far as I can see.

Well, I remember the side effects that this stuff had on my useless guesthouse staff.  They chased 2 terrified Chinese women through the woods with a loaded gun!

I recall that I had some difficulties in replying to their TripAdvisor review ????

• Haha 1

My Mrs. Sourced fresh leaves from two sellers, Both just arrived! (I live in CM). 

I searched un-diligently for dose info, but so far its difficult to find an autho guide as most western users get it dried, however, one site mentioned a tourist in Thailand getting by on two fresh leaves per dose. 

Now thats not much help as leaves are not uniform sizes!

So I measured 3g (two hand-sized leaves) and chewed em up 10 minutes ago, they were bitter but nowhere near as unpalatable as those strange wild mushrooms one hears about. ???? I'm six foot and 95kG YMMV.

Anyway, anyone who would like the FB contact or QR code of the better of the two sellers (by leaf quality) can send me a private message, they have both a Thai and western FB handle (of course! Dual merchandising at it's best).

The seller is on Shopee and based in Nakhon Pathom the price (Thai) was THB 295 for 300g so that's 100 average/low doses (for me) of fresh leaf.

Update: 50 minutes since my 3g and nothing, so I'm going to chew 3g more now. At least something should have alerted me by 20-30 minutes max...

Edited by chalawaan
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, justmaybe said:

I used the powdered form a few times legally in the USA for tension and insomnia. It was efficacious. No side effects. I did find the taste and smell terrible.

Morning after update: So last night I tried dosing for an effect recreationally, I was not sure what to expect, as so many have reported vastly different outcomes.

I had zero noticeable alerts chewing 7.5g fresh leaves last night, and could not deal with chomping more, so today the whole 1.5Kg the mrs bought online for under B500 is drying out, and I'll put it in capsules once i've blended it to a powder. Then dose according to the many directions online for dry powder. 

I hear the natives chew it fresh, but how much -and how often, is not only unclear, chewing fresh kratom is not a method I can see me acquiring a taste for, my mouth and throat felt slightly anesthetized, and also had that over-dry metallic taste and sensation familiar if you've ever eaten something with too much baking powder in it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/29/2021 at 2:57 PM, chalawaan said:

I hear the natives chew it fresh, but how much -and how often, is not only unclear, chewing fresh kratom is not a method I can see me acquiring a taste for, my mouth and throat felt slightly anesthetized, and also had that over-dry metallic taste and sensation familiar if you've ever eaten something with too much baking powder in it.

You're supposed to boil 5gm in water like tea or ginger.

• 3 weeks later...

Thais are selling leaves and sometime grafted clipping along the roads and highway outside of the city center.  If you're really hard up, drive down to Lamphun, past the Doi Tii (Big Buddha) intersection and head south on HW-11 for about two kilometers then take the U-turn and head back.  Last Sunday there were three or four people selling leaves and cutting along side the road between that U-Turn and Big Buddha.  Sunday is your best bet as most of these people have regular jobs and moonlighting on Sundays to sell kratom.  It's cheaper than online.  50 THB a package.
By the way, a double-shot latte has about the same effect and tastes a heck of a lot better.  :thumbsup:

Look for signs in Thai like this:   Kratom_Thai.png.3c40bb042168b37350a7f89d4315cff8.png

You aren't going to see those signs in English.  So imprint the Thai characters.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, YaiJung said:

Hang Dong road (108) southbound lane at the Big C Mae Hia intersection.  Lady selling garlands to cars at the stoplight waves plastic bags of the stuff and a sign in Thai.  She is there everyday. 

What a great idea.  Selling kratom at stoplights.  I gotta get my wife on that one.  "Honey, I have a new job for you!"  <laughs>

I've seen vendors selling the leaves at the fresh market next to Ruamchok on Maejo Rd. 100 baht for plenty. You might need to know what you are looking for or else you probably won't spot em, it's just a bunch of very non-descript leaves.

I bought some and tried chewing it, made my mouth numb, like novocaine. Tastes horrible. Drank some tea made from the rest - the effects were very mild, and slightly annoying. As a seasoned stoner I was hoping for a bigger kick. At least now I can say I've tried Kratom. No desire to ever try again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2021 at 4:18 PM, canthai55 said:

I am all in favor of natural substances - including Kratom.

The USA and their "War on Drugs" has caused immense harm around the world.

Drug addiction has caused immense harm, utter stupidity, brain damage, spousal abuse, murder, criminal activity and incarceration, traffic accidents, suicide, health problems, school dropout, homelessness and death,. Did I mention utter STUPIDITY? The list goes on and on. So any half whit would have the mental fortitude and wisdom to ascertain that the above quote is nothing more than a load of elephant poop blowing out a hollowed headed mouth.

Edited by novacova
Reason why…well?
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, novacova said:

Drug addiction has caused immense harm, utter stupidity, brain damage, spousal abuse, murder, criminal activity and incarceration, traffic accidents, suicide, health problems, school dropout, homelessness and death,. Did I mention utter STUPIDITY? The list goes on and on. So any half whit would have the mental fortitude and wisdom to ascertain that the above quote is nothing more than a load of elephant poop blowing out a hollowed headed mouth.

The harm is not caused by drug addiction per se, but by the measures used by law enforcement and the criminal justice system to fight said war.

Look at Portugal for an example of the harm reduction you can look forward to if you abandon this useless war against your own citizens and the people around the world.

https://time.com/longform/portugal-drug-use-decriminalization/

We Would Like to Congratulate Drugs for Winning the War on Drugs

• Like 2

2 hours ago, seedy said:

The harm is not caused by drug addiction per se, but by the measures used by law enforcement and the criminal justice system to fight said war.

Look at Portugal for an example of the harm reduction you can look forward to if you abandon this useless war against your own citizens and the people around the world.

https://time.com/longform/portugal-drug-use-decriminalization/

We Would Like to Congratulate Drugs for Winning the War on Drugs

A perfect example of what brain damage drugs have caused 

• Sad 4

39 minutes ago, seedy said:

After 50 Years Of The War On Drugs, 'What Good Is It Doing For Us?'

USA based - but has world wide effects

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/17/1006495476/after-50-years-of-the-war-on-drugs-what-good-is-it-doing-for-us

Do you drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, take OTC pain medication, cold medication, on and on and on ...

Then you are a drug user

Let people take whatever they want.

Destroy the vast profits the illegal drugs dealers/cartels make.

Remove the street crime that the high costs of illicit drugs creates.

Those who use to excess will remove themselves from the problem.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

In San Sai Chiang Mai...they sell the leaves fresh and dried on most of the outdoor one or 2 day a week markets.

I tried then 3 times but they are not for me.  Chewing then was OK but after chewing for several hours I had very little affect. 

Tried the dry ones for a tea ...same. Did nothing for me.

So next time I chewed a big bunch of then and all that happened is I got hangover like symptoms. Not fun.  So I won't try them again.

The old betal nut wrapped in a leaf that makes your teeth go red is much more pleasant and better effects.... especially if you have a sore throat or cold...gets rid of the symptoms.  But they are had to find now as gone out of fashion. 

33 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Let people take whatever they want.

Destroy the vast profits the illegal drugs dealers/cartels make.

Remove the street crime that the high costs of illicit drugs creates.

Those who use to excess will remove themselves from the problem.

Agree - but use the Portugal model, supply safe injection sites, access to health care. This will have a drastic effect on the costs of health care for the nation.

Decriminalize - all drug cartels gone with a stroke of a pen, along with the violence which goes along with it.

Win Win Win - except for those who profit the most, Like law enforcement, builders of jails, lawyers.

When you do more hard time for marijuana possession for personal use than you do for murder, armed robbery, rape, etc its gotta be a sign that something is VERY wrong

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

In San Sai Chiang Mai...they sell the leaves fresh and dried on most of the outdoor one or 2 day a week markets.

I tried then 3 times but they are not for me.  Chewing then was OK but after chewing for several hours I had very little affect. 

Tried the dry ones for a tea ...same. Did nothing for me.

So next time I chewed a big bunch of then and all that happened is I got hangover like symptoms. Not fun.  So I won't try them again.

The old betal nut wrapped in a leaf that makes your teeth go red is much more pleasant and better effects.... especially if you have a sore throat or cold...gets rid of the symptoms.  But they are had to find now as gone out of fashion. 

Hard to find?? They sell them all the time where I live.