Name And Shame!

Lickey

Besides me, is there anbody who gets on your threepenny bits on this forum, nows your chance to name and shame them, in a joking sort of way please, not too personal, else i will get banned for starting this thread,

Thanks, lickey.

Threeppeny bits? Showing your age there. :o

There are people on TV I agree with and those I don't and it isn't as if I agree or disagree with everything those people post. But there are a few who I just choose to ignore, maybe just read the opening lines of the post then scroll down.

Much the same as in real life except you don't have a "page down" key when someone's sounding off down the pub.

Yes, fair enough, close it, ignore it whatever, it was an idea i got from a post somewhere in general topics, somebody stated that "when it comes face to face,both parties backdown" which is whats happened here, so from the posts on this thread, there is absolutley no friction or ill thoughts between members, Lets raise our glasses to that, :o

I have never heard the term 'threepenny bit'. I am not British (thank God! :o ) but would guess that it came from the old English coin of the same name and means something like irritating or getting on ones nerves. Is my guess somewhat correct or could you please educate me as to the meaning ? Thanks

I have never heard the term 'threepenny bit'. I am not British (thank God! :o ) but would guess that it came from the old English coin of the same name and means something like irritating or getting on ones nerves. Is my guess somewhat correct or could you please educate me as to the meaning ? Thanks

Threepennny bits = Tits

Maigo, are you living in Phu Kradung - I have a house in Dan Sai - hence the name!

Yes I have a house in amphur Phu Kradung.

I am gonna get round to going to The Phi Ta Khon Festival in Dan Sai one year.

I like Loei province, not many Farangs about so the people still treat us well. :o

So, you could say that farang don't get on people's threepenny bits in Loei

I find that to be true, I was given a parking ticket in Loei city once, (wan koo and wan kee ) system of parking, I didn't know anything about it at the time. It's parking on the left or right hand side of the road on alternate days. Odd and Even days I was told..... :o

Eventually I went to the main Police Station, was invited into the Traffic Police head honchos A/C office, talked about England, Traffic Wardens in UK, Football, was given water to drink, and the ticket was waived.

If I had been a Thai guy, I suspect the treatment would have been different.

Have you ever been to The Immigration Office in Chiang Khan, those guys there are so polite and seem genuinely happy to see you and are incredibly helpful and polite, no rip offs etc, for example, no charges for letters stating your residence address it's a free immigration service, try that in Pattaya!

One time I asked for and was given the knife and fork from the KFC in Loei, I had no need to steal them!!! :D (They are excellent quality and don't bend like the normal stuff)

So in my opinion, Loei is Farang friendly.

I find that to be true, I was given a parking ticket in Loei city once, (wan koo and wan kee ) system of parking, I didn't know anything about it at the time. It's parking on the left or right hand side of the road on alternate days. Odd and Even days I was told..... :D

Eventually I went to the main Police Station, was invited into the Traffic Police head honchos A/C office, talked about England, Traffic Wardens in UK, Football, was given water to drink, and the ticket was waived.

Have you ever been to The Immigration Office in Chiang Khan, those guys there are so polite and seem genuinely happy to see you and are incredibly helpful and polite, no rip offs etc, for example, no charges for letters stating your residence address it's a free immigration service, try that in Pattaya!

One time I asked for and was given the knife and fork from the KFC in Loei, I had no need to steal them!!! :D (They are excellent quality and don't bend like the normal stuff)

Sawadee cap , I'm sure you know that if you are in a province where there are not many ferrangs you will get special treatment , even if you are a 40 stone tosspot and had to leave England because everyone thought you were a knob-end :o:D .

I do my best to pizz quite a few people off, I think it works too. :o

Thinking about it, I'm doing a pretty nice job too. The last idiot I cam across started googling images from Sri...(let's just say Chonburi) and Bangkok looking for the fog. That was pretty impressive, I think he is running for the medal :D

There's a half wit from a large province between Bangkers and Burma who thinks he's funny.

What happened to Donz? I liked him. (sorry for changing the subject, I hate people doing that to my threads.)

Besides me, is there anbody who gets on your threepenny bits on this forum, nows your chance to name and shame them, in a joking sort of way please, not too personal, else i will get banned for starting this thread,

Thanks, lickey.

OH sod it ! im not afraid to say it, its meee init ? :o

There's a half wit from a large province between Bangkers and Burma who thinks he's funny.

What happened to Donz? I liked him. (sorry for changing the subject, I hate people doing that to my threads.)

I hope it's me. If not I'll try harder .. :o

Sawadee cap , I'm sure you know that if you are in a province where there are not many ferrangs you will get special treatment , even if you are a 40 stone tosspot and had to leave England because everyone thought you were a knob-end :o:D .

are you talking from personal experience?

Threepennny bits = Tits

Cockney rhyming slang, Jetjock, and you are right about the coin. Listed under “thrupenny bits” on this site.

It’s the language some Brits use when they don’t want you to understand what they are talking about.

--

Maestro

I think the threepenny bit was taken out of circulation in 1972, but the saying is very popular still in Uk,

Mikethevigoman, not you mate, i like your off-topic replies, seems you have a good life here and enjoying yourself, good on you mate!!

Myself, mmmm, when im scrolling through a thread and i see Blizzard appear, i always think, oh no, here we go,, but he does add a certain flavour to a thread, and its interesting to see the replys, Blizzard livens things up, but no shame to him,

No hard feelings Blizzard, keep up the good work, Lickey..

I find that to be true, I was given a parking ticket in Loei city once, (wan koo and wan kee ) system of parking, I didn't know anything about it at the time. It's parking on the left or right hand side of the road on alternate days. Odd and Even days I was told..... :D

Thats alot of stones.

But back to the OT. It's hard to name names as I dislike everyone equally. :D