Help - stuck in Phuket quarantine. No outside exercise for 2/52

Nurseynutcase

21 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

14 days ? Doddle. Beer, sleep, beer, sleep, beer, sleep, repeat until end 

555555 if only - no booze permitted.

I was prepared for the lack of booze but not having to stay in 24/7.  As a smoker I suppose I should be glad i have a balcony

• Like 1

1 hour ago, james1943 said:

I cam to Phuket 12 days ago and had to stay in the room until they got the results from the test taken at the airport which took about 10 hour i was tried so i did not leave the room that night. the next day i went to the hotel lobby and they scanned my app and then i was free to do or go any place. every day you have to go to the hotel lobby and have hem scan your app then you are free. So I do not know what hotel you are staying at but they are 100% wrong if they say you can not leave your room unless your airport test did not check out.

Good luck

Sorry but I guess you have been 'vaccinated'?  It is different for those of us who have not.

• Like 2

When u book the quarantine hotel it states room 14 days no exercize aloud outside room can rent exercize gear

should read all before booking  and sure it does  state like this

,read not whine 

i did it in april and yes could go outside after 7 days 

was in 2 august here again had to do 14 days only room but i did see that and saw the rules changed in may

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, james1943 said:

I cam to Phuket 12 days ago and had to stay in the room until they got the results from the test taken at the airport which took about 10 hour i was tried so i did not leave the room that night. the next day i went to the hotel lobby and they scanned my app and then i was free to do or go any place. every day you have to go to the hotel lobby and have hem scan your app then you are free. So I do not know what hotel you are staying at but they are 100% wrong if they say you can not leave your room unless your airport test did not check out.

Good luck

He is not in a SHA + hotel from the "Sandbox" program, but quarantining in an ASQ hotel.

You will survive, the rest of us did. Walk in circles for 14 days, its boring but exercise. Also, ask the hotel if you can rent a bike or treadmill to while away the hours. I found the worse part was being forced to eat whatever the hotel designated for that day amn having no control over the quality or quantity of that food. Try not to look out of the window at all of the lucky, free people walking below, it becomes distracting to see them doing as they want while you are locked away.

3 hours ago, james1943 said:

Good luck

Not Correct.

The Op has entered Thailand via the ASQ / ALQ option without having been vaccinated. He has to do the full hotel quarantine and is unable to leave his room fo 15 days. 

You, on the other hand, have arrived via the SandBox scheme and were ‘dual vaccinated’ at least two weeks prior to arrival and have to remain on Phuket for 14 days (or with the 7+7 scheme, Phuket for 7 days then Krabi , Khao Lak or another ‘sandbox’ area or Samui Plus).

On 8/26/2021 at 4:53 AM, richard_smith237 said:

There will be others like you. 

Those who want to get vaccinated and get on with life but can’t. 

Unfortunately, at the moment Thailand insists on vaccination to re-enter under the Sandbox scheme, otherwise your only option is to do the horrible 2 week Alternative State Quarantine and stay locked up in a hotel.

Any trip back to the UK will not be impacted and perhaps you can get the Valneva vaccine, assuming that does not bring on your anaphylaxis. 

I read yesterday here on this website that the UK added Thailand to the red list meaning when he goes back to the UK he needs to quarantine at a hotel for two weeks also lol

• Like 1