Help - stuck in Phuket quarantine. No outside exercise for 2/52

Nurseynutcase

11 minutes ago, Nurseynutcase said:

I am told this is Phuket policy which i was not aware of.

It's quarantine policy (since around the end of May) not Phuket specific. Sandbox being a different thing of course.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

On what floor is your room?

The 8th floor.  So no chance of legging it over the balcony to make an escape.

Was ok with 7 days but not 14 - i really will go stir crazy.

Prisoners get treated better than this.

well <deleted> off.

8 minutes ago, Nurseynutcase said:

The 8th floor.  So no chance of legging it over the balcony to make an escape.

Was ok with 7 days but not 14 - i really will go stir crazy.

Prisoners get treated better than this.

well <deleted> off.

You should be glad you're not in Hong Kong or PRC - 21 days quarantine. I'm dreading it, if it's still in place in 3-4 months, when I have to go.

2 minutes ago, Nurseynutcase said:

To tell the truth i was just going off what my friends had done in quarantine in April of this year - but that was in bangkok and my home is in Phuket.

Yes I know - no doubt someone on here will tell me it's my own fault

There is no way I would have read up on the details, given that the final outcome was time to be spent in Thailand 555

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So you chose to go ASQ instead of into the Sandbox?

Had the world not gone covid crazy it would not have happened.  Sandbox out of the question as I cannot have the so-called Pfizer/ModernaNbiotech vaccines due to a previous anaphylactoid reaction.

Unless the Valneva becomes available over here or in the Uk i won't be going back to the Uk for a very long time.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Nurseynutcase said:

Had the world not gone covid crazy it would not have happened.  Sandbox out of the question as I cannot have the so-called Pfizer/ModernaNbiotech vaccines due to a previous anaphylactoid reaction.

Unless the Valneva becomes available over here or in the Uk i won't be going back to the Uk for a very long time.

Got it and totally understand, so AQ was the only way.  Stay safe and get some online books to read to pass the time.

Not there but from what I read the place your staying at needs to be something plus, but also was of the understanding of 2 or 3 negative results able to get out. Maybe the increase in infections there has changed the situation. I spent 2 weeks asq and got by as many have.. so much for fully vaccinated.

4 hours ago, Nurseynutcase said:

Not quite sure whether you're saying you don't want to go back to the UK or can't go back to the UK.

You don't need to be vaccinated to get into Britain.

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

Not quite sure whether you're saying you don't want to go back to the UK or can't go back to the UK.

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

I am well aware of that but the problem is getting back into Phuket.  I consider this place my home.

5 minutes ago, Nurseynutcase said:

I am well aware of that but the problem is getting back into Phuket.  I consider this place my home.

There will be others like you. 

Those who want to get vaccinated and get on with life but can’t. 

Unfortunately, at the moment Thailand insists on vaccination to re-enter under the Sandbox scheme, otherwise your only option is to do the horrible 2 week Alternative State Quarantine and stay locked up in a hotel.

Any trip back to the UK will not be impacted and perhaps you can get the Valneva vaccine, assuming that does not bring on your anaphylaxis. 

15 hours ago, Haveasay said:

Not there but from what I read the place your staying at needs to be something plus, but also was of the understanding of 2 or 3 negative results able to get out. Maybe the increase in infections there has changed the situation. I spent 2 weeks asq and got by as many have.. so much for fully vaccinated.

HSA+ hotels are for the sandbox arrivals with their own rules like the 3 testing etc.

He entered under quarantine program in a LASQ hotel which have their own rules as he is not vaccinated.

The programs are not changes recently.

18 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Have the rules changed since you read them and signed up to them?

If so, that is very unfair.

Life is not always fair unfortunately.

But the rules have not changed recently.

9 hours ago, Old Croc said:

You arrived unvaccinated and therefore needed to quarantine for 14 days.  Your nik suggests you're a nurse and have knowledge of your inability to get currently approved vaccines.  Then you complain that you can't return because the only vax you can tolerate is unavailable in either place. Someone you know told you they only had a 7 day quarantine in a different place at a different time, so you embarked without acquainting yourself with the current guidelines. Somehow, you managed to enter Phuket, where you live, and instead of celebrating your return you're whining about not getting exercise for an extra week. Boo hoo from someone sitting in a wheelchair.

(This poster states her gender is female for those who didn't notice)

No need to mention the wheelchair. Boo hoo !

• Like 1

15 hours ago, madmitch said:

It just became a whole lot more expensive as Thailand is going on the UK red list from Monday which I assume will also mean there will be no more UK tourists coming here on holiday, as I undertstand the rules - you must now do compulsury quarantine hotel on return to the UK vaccinated or not at a cost of 2k a pop

As for the OP - you have landed yourself in a bit of a situation - IMO what you will be allowed to do here will be very limited if you do not have a vaccine cert, the Thai government are already taking about restrictions based on vaccine status, I find it very odd that you cannot get vaccinated even if what you say is true about your condition 

I cam to Phuket 12 days ago and had to stay in the room until they got the results from the test taken at the airport which took about 10 hour i was tried so i did not leave the room that night. the next day i went to the hotel lobby and they scanned my app and then i was free to do or go any place. every day you have to go to the hotel lobby and have hem scan your app then you are free. So I do not know what hotel you are staying at but they are 100% wrong if they say you can not leave your room unless your airport test did not check out.

Good luck

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, smedly said:

It just became a whole lot more expensive as Thailand is going on the UK red list from Monday which I assume will also mean there will be no more UK tourists coming here on holiday, as I undertstand the rules - you must now do compulsury quarantine hotel on return to the UK vaccinated or not at a cost of 2k a pop

As for the OP - you have landed yourself in a bit of a situation - IMO what you will be allowed to do here will be very limited if you do not have a vaccine cert, the Thai government are already taking about restrictions based on vaccine status, I find it very odd that you cannot get vaccinated even if what you say is true about your condition 

My post didn't age well!

On 8/26/2021 at 11:30 AM, Nurseynutcase said:

To tell the truth i was just going off what my friends had done in quarantine in April of this year - but that was in bangkok and my home is in Phuket.

Yes I know - no doubt someone on here will tell me it's my own fault

oh no no no... surely it,,, my fault? 

anyone but your fault? 

Don't you have a guy in your life to blame?