Bumrungrad offering Pfizer

Yellowtail

Got Pfizer at Bumrungad on Tuesday- none of them are charging- with second shot scheduled for 14th September. Well organised ,if a little long, procedure but obviously very thorough which is encouraging giving the special handling requirements of Pfizer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bumrungrad, my normal hospital, sent me notice that my Phizer vaccine was scheduled for the 18th at 2 PM. Got the notice on the 17th as I sat outside Med Park after receiving the vaccine. A one day notice not taking into account that my travel distance is 400k.

2 hours ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

Are they only vaccinating those 60 years and older? I know several people under 60 that have been vaccinated at Bumrungrad, but whenever I email or call them they tell me the group for now is those 60 and older. Where can a young babe in the woods get vaccinated?

she will need to register at her local hospital.  When distribution of vaccines becomes available in her area she will be notified. But she should contact the hospital to inquire. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

she will need to register at her local hospital.  When distribution of vaccines becomes available in her area she will be notified. But she should contact the hospital to inquire. 

Thanks, however I was talking about myself. I'm the young babe in the woods. Sorry for the confusion. I've talked to my hospital, Bumrungrad, several times and they tell me 60 and over. Yet I have heard about several people under 60 that already got vaccinated at Bumrungrad. I don't know how.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

Thanks, however I was talking about myself. I'm the young babe in the woods. Sorry for the confusion. I've talked to my hospital, Bumrungrad, several times and they tell me 60 and over. Yet I have heard about several people under 60 that already got vaccinated at Bumrungrad. I don't know how.

Well if you've talked to them several times already I expect they will contact you when it's your turn.  Also if you haven't done so already, I would register with expatvac .  They all seem to talk to each other, so when vax becomes available they will contact you. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

Yet I have heard about several people under 60 that already got vaccinated at Bumrungrad. I don't know how.

Likely by injections in the upper arm....(just kidding)

If you have high blood-pressure or weigh more than 100kg (regardless of how tall you are)  or several other things you qualify.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had my Pfizer done there yesterday and it certainly wasn't over 60's if anything the opposite. A few pregnant women and Thai's having it done also.

It's a long process as someone suggested up-thread. 

My next one is 16 September so I'll plan it from my observation. They are setting people in time groups strictly every hour. If you get there 1 hr early you'll be shuffled to a waiting area until your time has arrived.

Observing yesterday's plan I noticed that around 4pm the waiting was minimal. I plan on arriving at 3:30 pm for a 2pm appointment.

• Thanks 1

The link for Bumrungrad vaccine registration from the British Embassy vaccine update email launched microsoft forms that I am unable to access from where I currently am outside Thailand.

Apart from sending a general inquiry from their website or phoning, is there another way to contact them and get registered for the Pfizer shot?

I already have HN# for Bumrungrad as I get medical examinations done there.

Thanks

NL

On 8/26/2021 at 10:48 PM, nchuckle said:

Got Pfizer at Bumrungad on Tuesday- none of them are charging- with second shot scheduled for 14th September. Well organised ,if a little long, procedure but obviously very thorough which is encouraging giving the special handling requirements of Pfizer. 

Same as handling requirements for Moderna

A post referring to Chinese vaccines with derogatory names has been removed.

Whilst it may be less effective in certain cases ie Delta strain it is by no means useless.

At the end of the day this is a Thai government sponsored vaccine and the forum and or yourself can get in trouble for comments like this so stop it.

• Like 1