Travel with Siam Bioscience AZ vaccine

Are you required to isolate for 10 days upon arriving in the UK if you have been double jabbed with the Siam Bioscience AZ jab or are these jabs treated the same as the AZ jabs that were rolled out in the UK?

Thanks

Edited by MattMartini

arrival from Thailand (classed as red zone) in the UK requires mandatory quarantine as far as I can make out, as they are saying anybody who is part of the Phuket Sandbox experiment which requires double dose vaccination before arrival in Phuket will need to quarantine on return to UK, not self-isolate.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

arrival from Thailand (classed as red zone) in the UK requires mandatory quarantine as far as I can make out, as they are saying anybody who is part of the Phuket Sandbox experiment which requires double dose vaccination before arrival in Phuket will need to quarantine on return to UK, not self-isolate.

But what if the person vaccinated with the Siam Bioscience jab is travelling from an amber list country to the UK. Would they still be required to isolate or is this jab considered the same as the AZ jabs used in the UK?

I think it's ok because it's an offical AstraZeneca factory.  Unlike Covishield which is made in India and licensed by AstraZeneca to use their formula but is not an official AstraZeneca factory.

Edited by shdmn

1 hour ago, MattMartini said:

Would they still be required to isolate or is this jab considered the same as the AZ jabs used in the UK?

Yes, isolation is required. This is because vaccinations received in Thailand are not currently recognised by the UK, regardless of the vaccine you have received.

To not self isolate, you must have been fully vaccinated under one of the following programmes:

"UK vaccination programme, approved by the Medicines and Healthcare products

Regulatory Agency (MHRA)

UK vaccine programme overseas, approved by the MHRA

an approved vaccination programme in Europe or the USA – not all are recognised in England"

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-quarantine-when-you-arrive-in-england

On 8/28/2021 at 12:05 AM, blackcab said:

an approved vaccination programme in Europe or the USA – not all are recognised in England"

Ouch, that's pretty vague.

If you have two doses of Pfizer here in Thailand, they way I read that link, you would not qualify as fully-vaccinated?

34 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Ouch, that's pretty vague.

If you have two doses of Pfizer here in Thailand, they way I read that link, you would not qualify as fully-vaccinated?

The guidance is very specific.

At the present time Thailand is on the UK red list. This means that if you have been in Thailand (or any red list country) in the previous 10 days before arriving in the UK then only British and Irish nationals and those with permanent residency will be admitted to the UK.

When you are admitted you must quarantine for 10 days in a managed hotel, at your own expense.

In this scenario it doesn't matter if you are vaccinated or not and it doesn't matter what brand of vaccine you received or where you received it.

You will be entering managed hotel quarantine and you will be paying for it.