65 inch tv

overherebc

I think it might be hard to find one without the "Smart TV" bit these days

the "dumb" ones are often only a few hundred baht cheaper anyway.

You can use a "Smart Tv"  like a "dumb" one  just add an Adroid box,Firestick,AppleTv etc etc  to one of the HDMI in ports.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, johng said:

You can use a "Smart Tv"  like a "dumb" one  just add an Adroid box,Firestick,AppleTv etc etc  to one of the HDMI in ports.

Just want to steer clear of the 'everything sent back' to the maker etc syndrome.

10 minutes ago, johng said:

Why ?  plenty of Android TV - 4K - 65" about,  from 17,000 baht up.   feel sure I saw them in SALES from 13.xxx baht so dirt cheap

Bought a Smart TV a few years ago, hopeless so never used the smart bit, back then Android  were rare, had to buy a new Android box to get what I wanted.

Powerbuy has a special on at the moment for an online order of the Hisense 65 inch 4K UHD LED TV at 16,498 baht.

See here.

A neighbour of mine bought one recently and has connected it to an android box (running Kodi) and his 4K home theatre AV receiver... awesome picture and sound. He's really happy with it.

/Edit: I forgot to mention that the price includes free installation.

Edited by Jai Dee

20 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

Powerbuy has a special on at the moment for an online order of the Hisense 65 inch 4K UHD LED TV at 16,498 baht.

See here.

A neighbour of mine bought one recently and has connected it to an android box (running Kodi) and his 4K home theatre AV receiver... awesome picture and sound. He's really happy with it.

/Edit: I forgot to mention that the price includes free installation.

Appears to be a Smart TV.

5 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Appears to be a Smart TV.

Apart from the HDMI ARC connection (which sends the audio "upstream" to the AV receiver) when he casts YouTube video to the TV from his phone, he doesn't use any of the other "smart" functions of the TV. HDR is automatic.

He simply turns it on and all other controls are executed via his android box.

BTW, HDMI 2.0a cables were also needed in order to support HDR (from android box to TV and from android box to AV receiver).

5 hours ago, johng said:

Because the original poster said NOT a smart tv ?

The why was to  'You can use a "Smart Tv"  like a "dumb" one  just add an Adroid box,'

so why ? as you can buy most TV's these days with Android, why would you buy a Smart TV and then add a Android box ?

8 minutes ago, Salerno said:

More functionality and flexibility in the apps you can use.

Many thanks

Never had a Android TV, had a few Android Boxes, the then older Android 5 needed replacing. also needed a new TV, replaced the TV as was told did everything, [no box needed] found out later the New Panasonic TV was Smart - or not so smart for my use, did not do everything so had to buy a new box anyway..