Jo Ferrari latest: Bail opposed as former cop says he was only doing his job - he denies murder

webfact

5pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

The rich and now former cop known as Jo Ferrari or Chief Jo at the center of a case that has shocked Thailand was ordered held for the next 12 days along with six subordinates. 

Naew Na reported that bail was opposed for Pol Col Thitisan Utthanaphon in the case of the death of 24 year old Jirapong Thanapat at Muang Nakhon Sawan police station in the north of Thailand on August 5th.

A video showed the drug suspect's head being wrapped in six plastic bags as officers tried to get information or possibly even extort money.

He died and a hospital said the cause of death was drugs though they now say a fuller report is due.

Jo is denying everything saying that the man died because of an overdose, despite the damning video evidence.

He said as he was taken to the police station scene of crime:

"I was only doing my job and didn't mean to hurt anyone. That's the truth"

Asked about the video he could only say:

"I forgive the person that shared it."

In further developments chief Jo's right hand man Pol Lt Thoranin Maswanna surrendered to police in Phetchaburi on Thursday and has now been ordered held with the six others in Nakhon Sawan. 

Naew Na reported that Jo looked exhausted and pale after a five hour grilling from a senior officer who they called Big Mai.

Chief of the Royal Thai Police Gen Suwat Chaengyodsuk has taken the case out of the hands of the Nakhon Sawan police and given it to the Crime Suppression Division. 

He has promised no favors to those involved in the death of Jirapong. 

Meanwhile other investigations continue in the case related to army involvement in the arrest and a National Anti-Corruption Commission probe into the assets of Jo Ferrari.

He has 29 cars - many luxury models - in his name. 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Errm, you put a bag on his head = Yes

He died as a result = Yes

Is it your job to put plastic bag on a persons head = No

Did the person DIE as a result of your actions = Yes

How is that not Murder ?  = Guilty as charged.

If that is your application for the position of judge in Thai it is a serious FAIL....555

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, webfact said:

"I was only doing my job and didn't mean to hurt anyone. That's the truth"

Asked about the video he could only say:

"I forgive the person that shared it."

someone should explain what "bag and tag" means to this so called law enforcement officer 

• Like 2

"Asked about the video he could only say:

"I forgive the person that shared it.""

This is such a nice gesture. Okay but now this case should be closed and please don't annoy this great Jo Ferrari anymore. An exceptional police man who was only doing his duty. Not even the victim ever complained. 

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Of course he'll get bail. Seems like he can afford it.

Meanwhile villainous young protesters sit in jail without bail.

Amazing thailand.

Indeed. IF bailed, the government should then be held accountable (lol) to explain this discrepancy in the application of Thai bail law.

• Like 1

its on twitter now that the guy they have in custody ...the one who would only speak on the phone is not joe ferrari as not only the mask covers his face but the ears are different, 

i have to admit the ears do look different zoomed in and i would'nt put it past the rtp to get a paid patsie

Edited by tingtongfarang
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I still think he should have gone with

"the guy was hyperventilating and I was trying to calm him down".

Or, he may have had covid and no mask, seriously this will open a big big can of worms