Bit of a dilemma covid infection

orchidfan

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And how many others have been given the Pfizer vaccine, all of whom survived?

Yeah we know all that stuff but how many have survived after getting Sinovac which many keep saying is rubbish, so many fliging scientist on here. 

She should be covid free, but one week in, one day in, one hour in, she could contract the disease, same as anyone else you come into contact with. If that's how you want to live the rest of your life, good luck with that.

Unless you are an idiot, why would you put yourself in harms way?

Lot of smart advice on here……don’t let her stay with you.

I have Thai relatives want to come and stay with us from BKK. I am 77 and not a fool….I say, No. Very simple, why would I put myself in harms way?

As for the hospital discharging her and she must be okay……was it a government hospital? Enough said.

You don’t want to wake up In a week or so and cannot breathe and saying, “I wish I’d been smarter.” Spend the money.

On 8/29/2021 at 7:12 PM, orchidfan said:

Yes. Thinking about that and just checked with nearby 3 star hotel......"Temporarily closed due to Covid"

I know most of their usual customers come via Don Muang airport. Which at present would be zip!

There's hundreds of 1, 2, 3, 4, star hotels in that broad area of Bangkok. Must be some open, super easy to check on Agoda, Booking.com, Trip Advisor etc., etc. 

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

There's hundreds of 1, 2, 3, 4, star hotels in that broad area of Bangkok. Must be some open, super easy to check on Agoda, Booking.com, Trip Advisor etc., etc. 

Thanks mate,  but she's here now. 

Separate bedrooms and bathrooms, eating separately. 

So will bear with it and hope for the best.

She has a negative PCR test result from the hospital...more than I have....so will see how it goes. 

2 hours ago, Mansell said:

Unless you are an idiot, why would you put yourself in harms way?

Lot of smart advice on here……don’t let her stay with you.

I have Thai relatives want to come and stay with us from BKK. I am 77 and not a fool….I say, No. Very simple, why would I put myself in harms way?

As for the hospital discharging her and she must be okay……was it a government hospital? Enough said.

You don’t want to wake up In a week or so and cannot breathe and saying, “I wish I’d been smarter.” Spend the money.

Thanks Monsell. Yes, maybe a bit risky , but after 40yrs in aviation, have learnt to check all the data and assess the risks before making a go or no go decision. 

I've decided to "go" and she's here now.

I guess we put ourselves in harm's way every day living here. 

I'll let you know if I wake up (which at our age is a gift every day) in a week or so feeling crook. 

Sometimes we have to do what we think is the right thing, despite our personal danger.

I guess you've fought in a war?

Vietnam was an experience. 

13 hours ago, frantick said:

She should be covid free, but one week in, one day in, one hour in, she could contract the disease, same as anyone else you come into contact with. If that's how you want to live the rest of your life, good luck with that.

Having had and recovered from Covid19 I'm.sure she.is not covid free, but she's probably more "protected" than me with 1 jab.

Remember this is not an ongoing situation,  just a rare cry for help.

So I can oblige on this one occasion.   I'll take the risk. 

12 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Has she had a repeat COVID test that was negative? If so then she is no longer infectious.

Yes She's had 2 records of negative tests before being discharged. 

So we are distancing in the house. Separate bedrooms and bathrooms and eating. 

So I'll take the risk and hope my immune system, which has worked over the past 50years, to hold fast.