Is it against condo to have an outside BBQ

12 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I've read it, which Section do you claim covers the use of LPG in condos?

Being part of Management I agree.... Remarks about Alcohol + BBQ = Damage are ludicrous....Any accident needs 3 ingredients.

Having a BBQ or / and alcohol doesn't make you an idiot....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jazzdog32095 said:
18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

But you said that it was banned.   If only common sense is being used then it, obviously, isn't banned!   It isn't, by the way

Possibly permitted in a designated area with built-in BBQ. Not some Yahoos setting up a BBQ on the grounds wherever they choose to do so as op described. Why you keep digging yourself a hole over something so blantantly clear. Can you not see if 50 different groups decide it's a nice day to cook out. If this association has no rules prohibiting this, which is highly unlikely, they need to write some up. Just one of many rights you give up living in a condo. Buy a house and BBQ inside, outside, in your bathroom is just fine.

I'm not digging a hole for me!

You're the one who stated that gas in condos is banned, I'm disputing that because it is not banned by law, it may not be allowed by certain JPs but it is not banned by The Condominium Act.    Why do you keep digging yourself a hole over something so blatantly clear?

Now you're attempting to deflecting your blatantly false assertion about LPG being banned generally by trying to discuss the completely different subject of whether BBQs in condos are sensible!   I have not expressed any opinion about that.  

20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're the one who stated that gas in condos is banned, I'm disputing that because it is not banned by law, it may not be allowed by certain JPs but it is not banned by The Condominium Act.    Why do you keep digging yourself a hole over something so blatantly clear?

Now you're attempting to deflecting your blatantly false assertion about LPG being banned generally by trying to discuss the completely different subject of whether BBQs in condos are sensible!   I have not expressed any opinion about that.  

<removed>

Show me were I said a word about gas although that would add credence to prohibiting personal BBQs. You hang your hat on the Condo Act yet when you live in a condo you are obligated to uphold the conveyance and regulations of that condo. Any condo so irresponsible as to allow BBQs other than one provided in a common area by the condo association is not a place an intelligent person would live. You imply since it is not stated in some half-wit Thai Condo Act that gives you and the other 600 residents the right to ignore the Condo C&Rs. So potentially there could be 600 fires burning on balconies plus scores more wherever people wish to set up a fire on the common areas. The Condo Act, yet another fine piece of legislation by the same politicians that allows Thai roads to be the #1 most deadly in the World. 

Tell me what low budget condo did you live in that allowed all these fires ?

''Possibly permitted in a designated area with built-in BBQ. Not some Yahoos setting up a BBQ on the grounds wherever they choose to do so as op described. Why you keep digging yourself a hole over something so blantantly clear. Can you not see if 50 different groups decide it's a nice day to cook out. If this association has no rules prohibiting this, which is highly unlikely, they need to write some up. Just one of many rights you give up living in a condo. Buy a house and BBQ inside, outside, in your bathroom is just fine.''

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Barney Brit,

Show me were I said a word about gas although that would add credence to prohibiting personal BBQs. You hang your hat on the Condo Act yet when you live in a condo you are obligated to uphold the conveyance and regulations of that condo. Any condo so irresponsible as to allow BBQs other than one provided in a common area by the condo association is not a place an intelligent person would live. You imply since it is not stated in some half-wit Thai Condo Act that gives you and the other 600 residents the right to ignore the Condo C&Rs. So potentially there could be 600 fires burning on balconies plus scores more wherever people wish to set up a fire on the common areas. The Condo Act, yet another fine piece of legislation by the same politicians that allows Thai roads to be the #1 most deadly in the World. 

Tell me what low budget condo did you live in that allowed all these fires ?

''Possibly permitted in a designated area with built-in BBQ. Not some Yahoos setting up a BBQ on the grounds wherever they choose to do so as op described. Why you keep digging yourself a hole over something so blantantly clear. Can you not see if 50 different groups decide it's a nice day to cook out. If this association has no rules prohibiting this, which is highly unlikely, they need to write some up. Just one of many rights you give up living in a condo. Buy a house and BBQ inside, outside, in your bathroom is just fine.''

No more space for a BBQ in my bathroom, There's already a Jacuzzi.....????????????????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jazzdog32095 said:
20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

Show me were I said a word about gas

OK.  The thread's discussion immediately before your comment was about gas being banned by law in condos.  You commented...

"Fire + Drunks + Condo Tower + 600 People= Why it is banned".

That's were you, clearly, suggested that gas ("it") was the issue and that it's use is banned but it has taken you four or five replies to me since that before you claim that you weren't talking about gas!

"Tell me what low budget condo did you live in that allowed all these fires?"

Not once have I given an opinion about BBQs in condos, neither have I said that I lived in a condo that allowed "all these fires".   I did say that I lived in a condo that was equipped from new by the building owners with a gas oven.    

• Like 1