Thai cabinet approves budget for another 9.9 million doses of Pfizer vaccine

snoop1130

Thai-PBS-World-logo-9.png

A medical worker prepares to administer a dose of the Pfizer vaccine for the Covid-19 coronavirus in Mueang district in southern Thailand’s Pattani province on August 30, 2021. Tuwaedaniya MERINGING / AFP

The cabinet has approved a budget of 4.7 billion baht to procure another 9.9 million doses of the Pfizer mRNA vaccine. He also assured that Thailand will be able to procure a total of 100 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines by the end of this year.

The target recipients of the Pfizer vaccine are children aged 12-17, women who are at least 12 weeks pregnant, medical personnel, frontline workers, the elderly, those with any of the seven underlying non-communicable diseases, foreigners in Thailand and those who need to travel overseas, such as students studying abroad and diplomats.

So far, the cabinet has procured 80 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines, 61 million of which are AstraZeneca, 19 million are Sinovac and 20 million are Pfizer.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-cabinet-approves-budget-for-another-9-9-million-doses-of-pfizer-vaccine/

Logo-top-.png

14 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Seems pricey?

Must be some heavy cream at the top for skimming.

And this is the 10 mm previously referenced, I assume. In addition to the 20 mm already on order.

So now it's budgeted, call us when you sign the order.

And can we get a status update on the delivery of the 20 mm Pfizer already ordered?

Middlemen are rubbing their hands together.

The icing appears on the cakes, it seems. 

Apart from non-specified "relief" budgets in billions of Baht, the boys in parliament meanwhile racked up 180 million doses of various vaccinations which will need to be added to the millions donated. 

Lets wait and see, there is more news to this. 

15 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Seems pricey?

Must be some heavy cream at the top for skimming.

If the figures in the story are correct, that comes to less than 15 USD per dose, while the new price in Europe is apparently 23 USD - so not particularly pricy.

"Pfizer, Moderna hike COVID-19 vaccine prices in new European supply deals: report | FiercePharma" https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/pfizer-moderna-turn-up-covid-19-vaccine-prices-europe-as-companies-plot-deliveries-into-2022

• Like 1

So, where and when will my Thai wife be able to get these quality vaccines?  Not old, not pregnant and with no pre-existing conditions!  Would gladly pay for this.  While I appreciate that certain categories of people including some farangs may have priority for these vaccines why can't we get quality vaccines for the average Thai?

Edited by dlclark97
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dlclark97 said:

So, where and when will my Thai wife be able to get these quality vaccines?  Not old, not pregnant and with no pre-existing conditions!  Would gladly pay for this.  While I appreciate that certain categories of people including some farangs may have priority for these vaccines why can't we get quality vaccines for the average Thai?

Just get a note from your doctor saying you have one of the underlying conditions.

I did it.  500 baht at a reputable Private hospital.

5 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

With so many extra shares of Pfizer coming in—why not put a couple thousand into private hospitals to sell at a profit.  That was the idea with the Moderna order, but who knows when it will arrive?

Or just let private hospitals procure there own vaccines bypassing the speedbump called the GPO.

Useless waist of time, months.

• Like 1