Cabinet Discusses Post-Lockdown Measures

snoop1130

Screen-Shot-2564-08-29-at-13.06.30-1.png

BANGKOK, Aug 30 (TNA) – The cabinet today discussed measures related to the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration’s decision to ease lockdown measures in 29 dark-red provinces as new COVID-19 cases were declining.

Chaired by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, the cabinet through its video conference considered COVID-19 surveillance measures including the procurement of antigen test kits for the reopening of eateries and business premises. CCSA wanted staff of reopened eateries and other business premises to conduct antigen tests weekly to control COVID-19.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-769343

tnalogo.jpg

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The cabinet today discussed measures related to the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration’s decision to ease lockdown measures in 29 dark-red provinces as new COVID-19 cases were declining.

Lock-down... what lock-down?

Where i live it's like life as normal, except the clubs are shut.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

COVID-19 surveillance measures including the procurement of antigen test kits for the reopening of eateries and business premises. CCSA wanted staff of reopened eateries and other business premises to conduct antigen tests weekly to control COVID-19

Another non-starter.

It becomes very clear that they are nowhere near ready for this bold reopening tomorrow. They cannot enforce that high-risk activities will be limited to fully vaccinated people, because not enough people are fully vaccinated yet to make it worthwhile. They cannot enforce frequent testing, because the test kits haven't arrived yet. Cannots all the way.

I've got to wonder why they didn't just give it another month. With infections trending down and the vaccination program having picked up some steam, that could have made a big difference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, ukrules said:

What's about to unfold over the next month or two is the very definition of the word failure.

Best to watch this spectacle from a safe distance.

I'm inclined to agree with you, it will take a huge effort to hide it.

The have obviously decided to just let the virus run rampant throughout the country no matter what the cost, unfortunately most Thais won't understand what is going on

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, smedly said:

I'm inclined to agree with you, it will take a huge effort to hide it.

The have obviously decided to just let the virus run rampant throughout the country no matter what the cost, unfortunately most Thais won't understand what is going on

True.  Most people will only understand if they are directly affected.  More Thais would be affected by a long lockdown than by Covid, so I guess it's a political gamble. And easy to do in a country without genuinely free elections!

• Like 1