Status of Pfizer for foreigners

biervoormij

I was wondering how many doses of Pfizer have been used of the 150K allocated for foreigners? I believe people will start getting their 2nd dose starting today.

Once 75K foreigners have been given their 1st dose will they stop using Pfizer as a 1st dose until more is imported into the kingdom or just continue thinking that more is ordered?

I had heard that the US was going to make a 2nd donation but have not read if it has arrived.  Also does anyone know if the 2nd batch will have a 10% allocation for foreigners like the 1st donation?

Thanks for any info anyone knows.

• Like 1

I got my 2nd jab yesterday at  MedPark in Bangkok so I know where 2 of the 150K allocated for foreigners went. I was surprised to read 1st doses of Pfizer were being offered in Phuket. I would have thought that they would have hit 75K foreigners already.

My 2nd jab took about the same amount of time as the first getting in an out in about 1 hour.  MedPark was very well organized and seemed very professional.

• Like 1

Seems to be a bit haphazard IMO up here in Chiangmai.  Instead of getting a "guaranteed" appointment for your 1st jab.  Americans get an email from the US Embassy/US Citizens Services basically stating (and this is an example, I will explain more in a second) that there are shots available on X day for the following group:

Health Alert: Walk-in Pfizer vaccinations at Promenada Mall on August 31 and September 1 and McCormick Hospital on September 1 and 2 (August 30, 2021)

Tuesday, August 31 from 09:00 to 15:00 at Promenada Mall: Walk-in Pfizer vaccinations for U.S. citizens and other foreign nationals who were born between 1951 and 1956. Promenada Mall is located at 192-193 Moo 2, MUANG, Chiang Mai 50000. 

Wednesday, September 1 from 09:00 to 11:00 at McCormick Hospital: Appointment and walk-in Pfizer vaccinations for U.S. citizens and other foreign nationals who were born in 1951 or earlier OR are pregnant (more than 12 weeks) OR have a certificate of underlying health conditions (renal, cardio-vascular, pulmonary only). If you already received an appointment confirmation for September 1 at McCormick Hospital then that appointment is still valid.  If you need a wheelchair or other special assistance then please email [email protected] with the subject line “OVER 70 SPECIAL APPOINTMENT” and include your given name, surname, date of birth (DDMMMYYYY ex. 21Aug1949), 13 digit registration number that you received after registering with the Wall of Chiang Mai system (which should begin with the digits “600”), passport number, phone number, and email address.

I was born in 1972, but I met the cardio issue.  I went and got a doctor's certificate from my cardiologist at Bangkok Hospital to try to cover my bases.  Showed up early and there was already a line.  The line for the folks born between 1951 - 1956 moved quick.  The other line took forever.  As folks, basically tried to talk the doctors into believing that they had whatever underlying health condition they needed to get approved for the shot that day.  KEEP IN MIND THEY HAVE POSTERS SAYING ONLY HAVE 200 SHOTS AVAILABLE - SO ITS GET A BIT TENSE AS YOU WATCH THE NUMBERS TICK AWAY.  I managed to get in without a fuss, as I at least had a legitimate medical certificate.  The guy in front of me claimed to be a diabetic, and was trying to show his drugs that he had bought from the pharmacy, but couldn't explain to the doctor when he takes them, etc.  Was a bit of a farce.

Got my 1st jab.  And they give me a little pink appointment slip for #2 on the 22nd!  Done and dusted.

At any rate.  Now the part where I say its a bit haphazard.  Yesterday I get an email from the US Citizens Services stating the same thing as before, but this time the dates have been advanced by 10 years.  So, I am guessing instead of actually giving out appointments using the Thai Government is just taking the easy route and every few days releases 200 shots and advances the age group by 10 years.  Thats just my educated guess.  If in a day or two there is a 3rd email advancing the age group by 10 years again .... they clearly that is the case.  

In which case, they should have just made that clear from Day 1.  Hopefully, someone finds this interesting!

(And it was also interesting to see the number of dual Thai/Western citizens as well getting shots.  Clearly no one wants Sinovac or the other Chinese vaccine.  Sadly my wife has to wait until Pfizer is cleared for Thai nationals.  Or we fly to the US, etc.)

Edited by kurtmartens
additional info
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, kurtmartens said:

Seems to be a bit haphazard IMO up here in Chiangmai.  Instead of getting a "guaranteed" appointment for your 1st jab.  Americans get an email from the US Embassy/US Citizens Services basically stating (and this is an example, I will explain more in a second) that there are shots available on X day for the following group:

Health Alert: Walk-in Pfizer vaccinations at Promenada Mall on August 31 and September 1 and McCormick Hospital on September 1 and 2 (August 30, 2021)

Tuesday, August 31 from 09:00 to 15:00 at Promenada Mall: Walk-in Pfizer vaccinations for U.S. citizens and other foreign nationals who were born between 1951 and 1956. Promenada Mall is located at 192-193 Moo 2, MUANG, Chiang Mai 50000. 

Wednesday, September 1 from 09:00 to 11:00 at McCormick Hospital: Appointment and walk-in Pfizer vaccinations for U.S. citizens and other foreign nationals who were born in 1951 or earlier OR are pregnant (more than 12 weeks) OR have a certificate of underlying health conditions (renal, cardio-vascular, pulmonary only). If you already received an appointment confirmation for September 1 at McCormick Hospital then that appointment is still valid.  If you need a wheelchair or other special assistance then please email [email protected] with the subject line “OVER 70 SPECIAL APPOINTMENT” and include your given name, surname, date of birth (DDMMMYYYY ex. 21Aug1949), 13 digit registration number that you received after registering with the Wall of Chiang Mai system (which should begin with the digits “600”), passport number, phone number, and email address.

I was born in 1972, but I met the cardio issue.  I went and got a doctor's certificate from my cardiologist at Bangkok Hospital to try to cover my bases.  Showed up early and there was already a line.  The line for the folks born between 1951 - 1956 moved quick.  The other line took forever.  As folks, basically tried to talk the doctors into believing that they had whatever underlying health condition they needed to get approved for the shot that day.  KEEP IN MIND THEY HAVE POSTERS SAYING ONLY HAVE 200 SHOTS AVAILABLE - SO ITS GET A BIT TENSE AS YOU WATCH THE NUMBERS TICK AWAY.  I managed to get in without a fuss, as I at least had a legitimate medical certificate.  The guy in front of me claimed to be a diabetic, and was trying to show his drugs that he had bought from the pharmacy, but couldn't explain to the doctor when he takes them, etc.  Was a bit of a farce.

Got my 1st jab.  And they give me a little pink appointment slip for #2 on the 22nd!  Done and dusted.

At any rate.  Now the part where I say its a bit haphazard.  Yesterday I get an email from the US Citizens Services stating the same thing as before, but this time the dates have been advanced by 10 years.  So, I am guessing instead of actually giving out appointments using the Thai Government is just taking the easy route and every few days releases 200 shots and advances the age group by 10 years.  Thats just my educated guess.  If in a day or two there is a 3rd email advancing the age group by 10 years again .... they clearly that is the case.  

In which case, they should have just made that clear from Day 1.  Hopefully, someone finds this interesting!

(And it was also interesting to see the number of dual Thai/Western citizens as well getting shots.  Clearly no one wants Sinovac or the other Chinese vaccine.  Sadly my wife has to wait until Pfizer is cleared for Thai nationals.  Or we fly to the US, etc.)

Thanks for the info and hope your 2nd jab on the 22nd goes without an issue.

I feel I got lucky to get Pfizer. I registered at MedPark on the 17th of July and the first appointment I could get was the 12th of August. When I registered it did not say what vaccine I would be getting and I just hoped it would not be sinovac.  When I went to the appointment on the 12th they just gave me Pfizer and never even asked which vaccine I wanted. They were giving AZ as well but not sure why some people received Pfizer and others AZ.

Hope your wife stays healthy until she can get the vaccine that she wants.

• Like 1