Best way to protect new TV

dannyb123

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

Thai soaps and banal game shows drive me up the wall, we have a TV in the bedroom which the mrs uses to watch that rubbish on, we have an Android TV in the lounge which I use for watching TV series, movies & listening to BBC Radio 2 on when I have stuff on catch up. ????

I'm a condo dweller, we have to pay for cable Thai TV.  I don't, she watches on phone - I did buy her a tablet, but it got traded in for a phone.  ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarleyMarl said:

The only issue with UPS's is the lead-acid batteries don't last very long, at least the ones I have hooked up to my PC's at home and in office. Every 6-9months or so, they'll start beeping and I switch out the batteries, though I've kind of given up.

You must have been very unlucky. I’ve been using them for many years, and have found that the batteries easily last 4 or 5 years, about the same as the lead-acid batteries used in cars.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 6:36 PM, Crossy said:

A good quality surge protecting power strip and an antenna surge protector will get you started.

Add to those a cheap UPS if the issues are with brown outs or brief cuts.

I've even cascaed (daisychained) multiple UPS units... the original reasoning was to really enable a DVR to continue on for longer than a single UPS capacity allows 
But since then the very annoying powerflicks (when theres a rapid succession of OnOffOnOffOn, can also play havoc with a UPS;

so what I did to protect most of the equipment is to (at the wall outlet) incorporate an AirCon 240v Delay relay device.

This means that no matter how short the interruptions are; the very first one triggers the Relay, and we'll have UPS only for a set duration. I first came up with idea' so we wouldn't lose another UPS; as at that time we had 4 UPS units up in the roof for powering all the house Security Shutters

4 hours ago, DefaultName said:

I'm a condo dweller, we have to pay for cable Thai TV.  I don't, she watches on phone - I did buy her a tablet, but it got traded in for a phone.  ????

You can't win them all ???? I pay our local internet provider ( TMN ) for the cable TV, 3000 baht for 15 months, never any problem, all HD, unless the power goes off where the box with all the gubbins in is, that has only happened a couple of times in the while we've been with them.