COVID-19 inoculation of the over 50s now a top priority in Thailand – CCSA

webfact

elderly.jpg

Public Health officials will accelerate the vaccination of people aged over 50 as a matter of urgency, after it was discovered that 80% COVID-19 related fatalities were people aged 50 and over, according to the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) Wednesday.

CCSA Assistant Spokesperson Dr. Apisamai Srirangsan noted that the majority of the deaths were among the elderly and those afflicted by any of seven underlining diseases.

She disclosed that, since February 28th this year, 32.6 million doses of vaccines had been administered, of the 40 million doses already delivered to Thailand, leaving 7.4 million doses, some of which are being  administered and are yet to be recorded in the main database.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/covid-19-inoculation-of-the-over-50s-now-a-top-priority-in-thailand-ccsa/

Logo-top-.png

Well, 

I thought they were still centering on over 60's. 

I am in this age range but wont see a shot probably next year 

My Thai family and I registered and paid for Moderna. 

After the gov announced ex-pats up country Sinovac then AZ a while ago Why bother

I tell my wife we'll all be dead next year. ????

I am not an anti vaxer just want a suitable shot for this new variant of Covid. 

In Australia 

My parents 89 just recently got their shots and my sister older than me said this month fer her. 

I will be the last to get a shot. 

Waiting for Moderna we'll all be dead next year. ????

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Public Health officials will accelerate the vaccination of people aged over 50 as a matter of urgency, after it was discovered that 80% COVID-19 related fatalities were people aged 50 and over, according to the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) Wednesday.

Such a shame Phuket railroaded it's so called much needed re-opening programme through when vaccinations were needed for the original plan of protecting the elderly and vulnerable first.

But I guess Phipat is happy with himself

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

And they have only just discovered this.....  Don't they read or listen to what is happening in the world around them.... Oh, I forgot Thailand is the centre of the universe..... Unbelievable.. 

Phuket was more important