DSI seeks help from foreign buyers over alleged condo fraud in Thailand

webfact

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

You have to feel for these poor souls, some could have lost a good proportion of their life's savings....but what were you thinking?

As someone said 555 rai was a clue.

I know one who has lost over 1 million leuros and only half was in the New Nordic. This is not going to be the last one. It just happens not to have a pending court case yet. And a farang CEO Why in the hell I don't know. More to come watch this space. 

53 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Would be interested to know if the chief has ever jumped out of an aircraft as he has para wings embroidered  above the DSI badge on his uniform it’s like every Monday government workers dressed in uniform full of medal ribbons and gold braiding it creases me up 

In fairness if he is top dollar you would expect him to have a bit of bling.

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

Would be interested to know if the chief has ever jumped out of an aircraft as he has para wings embroidered  above the DSI badge on his uniform it’s like every Monday government workers dressed in uniform full of medal ribbons and gold braiding it creases me up 

If you enlarge it it looks more like a cop directing traffic.

They were renting at very low prices. I visited one in Pratumnak Pattaya, the condo was nicely done, new, 12000B a month for 12 months, 18000B for 6 months if I remember right. There was everything in the kitchen which was smart, and the pool was good. A few local shops. I didn’t take it as there is no public transport nearby, and the walk uphill to Theprassit is steep. ( don’t drive in Thailand ) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Back about 40 years ago I read a humor book by a Thai bureaucrat, one of a series with "Smile" in the titles, describing his experiences as he rose through the ranks. It was hilarious. The one I was reading was the point where he got promoted to Nai Amphoe. He had to go through a training school that lasted six weeks or so. Very military oriented, and included parachute training. They qualified with a tower jump.  The chief is a policeman, though, so his training may have included one or more airplane jumps, but probably 20 or more years ago. I remember there was a coup where Police General Phao Sarasin tried to oust Field Marshal Phibunsongkhran. The police in those days had frigates, armed aircraft, and tanks. After he won the Field Marshal made sure they didn't.

At the graduation party from the Nai Amphoe school, one of his friends described how much he was looking forward to getting home and boinking his wife. "I've slept with a Kharachagan's wife, and I've slept with a Balad's wife, but I've never slept with a Nai Amphoe's wife."

6 hours ago, crazykopite said:

From conversing with many police very few have jumped out of an aircraft to acquire their wings and as for the ribbons there are many to choose from in the uniform and police shops for anyone to purchase seems noone seems to ever questions ones bling

3 hours ago, Darksidedude said:

i would never ever buy off the plan in Thailand, place i brought was built in 1994 pretty safe there i reckon

i bought off plan with Matrix a condo in pattaya 4 months late because of weather must admit that it was terrible that year got it signed sealed..some of the  workmanship was C..P re fitted a few things job done .off plan good deal worked for me 

13 hours ago, webfact said:

The chief of the Department of Special Investigation has urged foreigners who have been deceived in alleged condominium investment scams to get in touch.

He wants to make sure the New Nordic Development Company has been paying him his rightful share of the scam profits.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, crazykopite said:

I got my wings waay before he did when I took a 747 to Los Angeles on summer break from elementary school. I should wear it more often????

• Haha 1

The Department of Special Investigation might be talking to the Ministry of Interior on this subject. 

If real estate purchase would be as simple as in most other (Western) countries, then such scams could not even take place. Create a one-page law on how real estate can be held, publish this in English and Thai and maybe stop - for once - a two-tier system by "Thai Only" vs "non-Thais NO". 

Only once I can legally own what I buy I would be considering it; until then you may keep your stuff and keep on cheating the dirty farang ....... 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, webfact said:

He said many foreigners had been deceived.

Plenty more where they came from.

Most of these ???? don't want perform to due diligence, don't give a fig about the empirical evidence and simply don't understand the first thing about the place so are easy marks.

A fool and their money etc. 

Edited by Mr Meeseeks