Phuket Sandbox - They said I got COVID ?

Faranguz

18 hours ago, zaZa9 said:

Your kidding ! The swabs I I have had have been pushed easily double the depth as shown - enough to make me and my partners eyes water and sneeze and bordered on painful !

Later I saw TV coverage of the public in Farangland swabbing themselves while sitting in their cars in Western tests centres and couldnt believe it. 

Thais are rarely over-zealous , but it seems they've all watched very different videos to those posted !

I wish the test centres here showed these to their staff.

Thailand must have a lot of the old swabs left or don't know it's possible to buy newer ones,

where it's only required that the swab goes a few centimeters into the nose.

On 9/5/2021 at 1:19 PM, JayClay said:

Had you been staying at the airport for 14 days after your flight before taking the test?

No, it had been very quick

On 9/10/2021 at 9:53 AM, HeijoshinCool said:

If there is only a 50% chance you are positive, you should demand a 50% discount on the test they are requiring....????

There was no chance. And they didn't charge the re-test

Edited by Faranguz
mispelling

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

So...  The Op, in the Phuket SandBox took his day 6 RT PCR test which returned the result ‘inconclusive’  (also known as reactive), which is not positive, but is also not clearly negative. 

He has been requested to take another test. 

Disappointingly for some, there is no scam - just health officials being careful while not over reacting. 

The re-test was free. No harm no foul, just health officials making sure. 

Also note: Even for a vaccinated individual its possible to contract Covid-19 and for it not to be detectable (incubation period) for up to 14 days. Thus, while the Op mentions he’s had very little contact with anyone, its possible (if he were positive) that he caught Covid-19 before travel, at the airport(s), on the plane, at arriving airport, transport to hotel etc etc

While this is alarming - it definitely seems that all the right steps have been taken. 

Same thing happened to a friend of mine when we entered Thailand through ASQ a few months ago. No big deal, shows they carrying out the testing correctly.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Same thing happened to a friend of mine when we entered Thailand through ASQ a few months ago. No big deal, shows they carrying out the testing correctly.

It would also reassuring to know that anyone who tests positive is re-tested to eradicate the ‘false positive’ possibility. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

So...  The Op, in the Phuket SandBox took his day 6 RT PCR test which returned the result ‘inconclusive’  (also known as reactive), which is not positive, but is also not clearly negative. 

He has been requested to take another test. 

Disappointingly for some, there is no scam - just health officials being careful while not over reacting. 

The re-test was free. No harm no foul, just health officials making sure. 

Also note: Even for a vaccinated individual its possible to contract Covid-19 and for it not to be detectable (incubation period) for up to 14 days. Thus, while the Op mentions he’s had very little contact with anyone, its possible (if he were positive) that he caught Covid-19 before travel, at the airport(s), on the plane, at arriving airport, transport to hotel etc etc

While this is alarming - it definitely seems that all the right steps have been taken. 

Absolutely correct.

2 hours ago, JayClay said:

So there is, in fact, every possibly you picked it up on the flight.

I picked nothing nowhere, as it was lately confirmed

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I have had in excess of 20 RT PCR tests now (a bit ridiculous IMO) and one thing they all do is shove that nasal swab in so deep it hurts for a brief moment. 

I have to say that 3 out of 4 swab test got in Thailand weren't painful at all.

Steady hand, quick, not into my brain, barely felt it.

Only the one resulted inconclusive has been very painful (and they used the same stick in both the nostrils).

The one had in my home country was painful too.

It really depends on the operator, but in my experience the majority of the times was good.

40 minutes ago, Faranguz said:

I picked nothing nowhere, as it was lately confirmed

I'm pleased to hear that and happy for you. That doesn't alter the fact that there was every possibly for you to catch it on the plane, regardless of the status of your test on disembarking.

Now enjoy your good health and time in Phuket.

On 9/14/2021 at 11:29 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I have had in excess of 20 RT PCR tests now (a bit ridiculous IMO) and one thing they all do is shove that nasal swab in so deep it hurts for a brief moment. 

I am curious that with a virus which is so contagious that we all have to wear facemarks whenever out in Public, that the medical staff testing us have to wear full hazmat with face sheilds etc yet the swab has to go all the way back into our sinus covid. 

Isn’t Covid-19 extremely contagious, surely waving the ’swab’ in our general direction is enough !!!!

Really though, surely a mouth swab is sufficient, or perhaps just in the nasal cavity - but going all the way back into the depths of the sinuses seems excessive for something which is so very very contagious. 

100% AGREE ! 

I watch testing progressing in other countries and I Never see the swab inserted so deeply.

Its ridiculous and  unneccessary  and could  be counter productive in  making so many being reticent to be tested again.