visa requirement

I plan to visit Thailand from UK mid October and need conformation as to exactly which visa I should apply for. I am married to Thai and have accomadation there. I plan to stay for five months. I plan to apply for visa here in the UK. I have bank statements which will show pension of over 1k pm in my UK bank. I do not have 400.000 showing in UK or thai bank.

I have been advised to apply for 1 Year marriage visa so what I am asking is what is the easiest and most suitable visa to apply for with the least financial requirements. 

• Haha 1

You can get a single entry non-O visa based on marriage which gives you a 90 day entry.  That can be extended in Thailand by 60 days to visit your wife.  No financials required.  There is no 1 year marriage visa.  A 1 year extension of stay requires 400k in a Thai bank.

2 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

You can get a single entry non-O visa based on marriage which gives you a 90 day entry.  That can be extended in Thailand by 60 days to visit your wife.  No financials required.  There is no 1 year marriage visa.  A 1 year extension of stay requires 400k in a Thai bank.

or income of 40,000 baht a month?

• 1 month later...

I have posted this in visa section but hopefully ubonjoe can help with his expertise.

Can anyone explain to me what exactly are they asking for regarding question 8 on the application form for a non o visa.

the question reads.....

please upload a residence permit in a country which visa applications submitted [in case that applicants not a national of the country in which visa application is submitted]

I am in UK applying for non o single entry and we do not have residence permits here so I am confused.

could it possibly be they want proof of where I live as in mortgage statement?.

1 hour ago, blueeyes said:

I am in UK applying for non o single entry and we do not have residence permits here so I am confused.

The embassy will not issue a visa unless you are citizen or legal resident of the country where you are applying or a country they or one they are responsible for.

If you a citizen of the UK just upload a copy of your passport photo page.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1