Plan for Phuket sealed yacht, dive tours well received

Jonathan Fairfield

A nice idea, but I feel that this would restrict guests to land on the same day in order to board the boat the following day.

Then which boats are going to stay at sea for a whole week? Even in the pre-covid peak season years we had trouble finding enough guests to book week-long liveaboard trips, which usually go south and north, using lots of fuel.

4D/4N and 5D/5N are the regular-length trips, so a week is not so popular. Not forgetting the fact that they'd need to plan it all so that people come from all around the world to land in Phuket on the same day.

• Like 1

More meetings between people who are not in the same planet as the "non?" tourists. Yes agree wonderful slogans and unworkable plans - then congratulate each other on a job well done. 

How about some real plans like putting the litterbox on hold until the covid cases on the "sealed" island is back in the 10s. Soooo many "reported" covid cases - looks more like a red zone to me.

3 hours ago, 2long said:

A nice idea, but I feel that this would restrict guests to land on the same day in order to board the boat the following day.

Then which boats are going to stay at sea for a whole week? Even in the pre-covid peak season years we had trouble finding enough guests to book week-long liveaboard trips, which usually go south and north, using lots of fuel.

4D/4N and 5D/5N are the regular-length trips, so a week is not so popular. Not forgetting the fact that they'd need to plan it all so that people come from all around the world to land in Phuket on the same day.

It's a French brain flatulence...

• Haha 1

Sorry for the offtopic but I think many divers will read this thread. Could anyone point me to any official document regarding fishing restrictions around Phuket?

I was told that "any fishing is prohibited within 1km from any island or underwater pinnacle", then "this rule was lowered to 500m from any island or underwater pinnacle", still I see lots of fishing boats standing right on the dive spots and fish traps being dropped in 30-50 meters distance from Racha Yai.

Are those rules real or just a rumor among divers? Could I report those fishing boats anywhere? Are they allowed because they are Thai nationals?

being well received by businesses doesnt matter

what matters is how it is received by tourists/divers

they always seem to forget that to get more people wanting to come here,their plans need to be designed based on what is good for the tourist/customers, not the businesses/economy

• Like 1