Public transport in Thailand's 29 COVID-19 'Dark Red' provinces will run until 10pm

Jonathan Fairfield

shutterstock_79365418.jpeg

BTS Sky Train, file photo

Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) reports that public transport in the country’s 29 COVID-19 “dark red” provinces can run until 10pm, so people can get home within curfew hours.

The CCSA decided to extend public transport service hours to ensure people in high-risk areas have access to public transport. Initially, the CCSA had stipulated that public transport services be provided until 9pm. From September 1st, curfew hours for provinces under maximum control have been shortened to 10pm-4am.

The Department of Land Transport (DLT) said operating times for public transport services will be extended to 10pm in "dark red" zones until September 14th, while a night curfew remains active to restrict mobility in maximum-control zones.

However, DLT director-general Chirute Visalachitra yesterday said people will be able to use public transportation until 10pm.

nnt.jpg
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Seems I am not the only one who missed this message?

There was talk about considering to shorten curfew but where has it been officially published?

8 minutes ago, smedly said:

anyone else aware of this ?

Nope, it would be nice if they could produce the official notification. 

When did this change to 10pm for 'Dark Red' happen? I don't see it in the Official Gazette post. Maybe I just missed it among all the flips and flops, zigs and zags.

But restaurants still close at 8pm? As do shops and grocery stores and 7-11s?  If this has been moved to 9pm, everyone seems unaware.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Walker88 said:

But restaurants still close at 8pm? As do shops and grocery stores and 7-11s?  If this has been moved to 9pm, everyone seems unaware.

The 7/11 nearest to me closed at 8pm on Friday, nothing changed yet.

Due to this 'protection measure' the 7/11 gets very busy in the last 30 minutes as they all pack in to buy whatever they need to use overnight.

They've created a time of crowds in order to control infection - the opposite of control is happening - this is the very definition of dumb.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

The 7/11 nearest to me closed at 8pm on Friday, nothing changed yet.

Due to this 'protection measure' the 7/11 gets very busy in the last 30 minutes as they all pack in to buy whatever they need to use overnight.

They've created a time of crowds in order to control infection - the opposite of control is happening - this is the very definition of dumb.

These aren't protective measures whatsoever, they're surface codifying measures. 

It appears that the beloved authorities haven't a clue as to real protective/preventative protocol and practices, as they certainly are not pushing or promoting basic/simple safety measures. 

• Like 1